Fate, My newest unfinished story :)

Best answers
ive been writing for the past half hour, and this is what i came up with lol.
Tell me what you think of it so far, im am far far far from finished, this is going to be one long story.

FATE.

I woke up yesterday, inundated with thoughts I couldn’t even process. My mind was burning with questions. I was a middle aged man, tall, medium build, dark hair and couldn’t remember who I was. My thoughts were robbed of me, given to an agency of unknown statue. I have vague memories of my childhood, but even they were taken away. There are scratched memories of a man staring at me, then fading away, I have no idea of what it means. I was a man without a soul. Just a Solid figure in unmarked territory.
I knew where I was, I was in the city of New York. My education was very much intact, I knew left from right, and my right from wrong. I knew of mathematical equations, Biology, Geographical structures, the basic knowledge of an average man. But what an average man didn’t know was the anatomy of a nuclear bomb, or the elements to create one.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A good introduction thus far. One thing to watch out for, though, is verb tense. If there's one thing that my AP English instructor couldn't say enough about, it was verb tense.

Basically, what I'm getting at, is that you need to coordinate the tense you use in each paragraph. Typically, you want to avoid alternating between "I am" and "I was", and "they are", "they were" and so forth.. This confuses the reader as to whether the narrator is telling a story that is currently happening, or is retelling a past experience, etc.

That's about the only crit/suggestion I have for you. Write on!

Best answers
Thank you, i see where you are coming from and will try my best not to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom