Installation Problems with 1.2.1

Best answers
I don't know if this thread has already been created or not,so I apologize if i'm accidently spamming a similar thread.

I've encountered a big problem with installing ESF 1.2.1.I HAVE ESF 1.2 already on my pc (although I can't get it to run because crappy steam keeps popping up....if anyone knows how to help me get around that I'll be grateful)....

but that isn't the problem.THE PROBLEM is that the installer for ESF 1.2.1 won't install at all! When it reaches the destination window,to select the folder i'd like to install it to,the install button on the screen is blanked,and above it,says 'Nullsoft Install System v2.01.I assumed that this was a program required to install this version of ESF,so I went searching on the net for it......and searching......and searching.......and searching......

and I am pretty much still searching! I e-mailed Matsasurf about it,but he didn't answer me (I can't say I blame him,he's probably pretty busy).SO,I come and ask you guys now,these few questions:-

1a:- Is Nullsoft Install System v2.01 required for installing ESF 1.2.1?
1b:- If so,where can I get it? Please post a direct link for me,don't send me on a wild goose chase...I'm quite through with all that.
2:- How can I get around the issue with the main steam menu popping up all the time I try to get into ESF? (I tried opening my other mods as well,and steam has entrenched itself in them too!! What do I do!?!)

please help me.I'm in a state of desperation. :cry:

Best answers
i am having a similiar problem with the installation......The Install button is grayed out so that u are unable to click on it...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are u sure u dont have to click on something about "do u agree with this blah blah belaaah"? else..u might have a broken download...try redownloading from a different site

Best answers
What exactly do you mean by "How can I get around the issue with the main steam menu popping up all the time I try to get into ESF? (I tried opening my other mods as well,and steam has entrenched itself in them too!! What do I do!?!)"
Do you own Half-Life? If it is the Browse Games window that is popping up you probably don't. ESF requires HL to be installed in Steam. CZ doesn't work.

Best answers
last time i checked,yea,I had HL installed.Come on,I'm not THAT much of a noob.

Best answers
Darnit, i'm having problems with my installer or patch. i d/led a 1.2.1 installer, and i have a store-bought Half Life and i have steam, but a darn message about having a different client.dll from the rest of the servers is interfering and i don't know how to stop it.....can someone help me?!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LSS Broly said:
I don't know if this thread has already been created or not,so I apologize if i'm accidently spamming a similar thread.

I've encountered a big problem with installing ESF 1.2.1.I HAVE ESF 1.2 already on my pc (although I can't get it to run because crappy steam keeps popping up....if anyone knows how to help me get around that I'll be grateful)....
This proves that you really dont know that much. You need to run it on steam instead of the WON version of Half-life. Be shure that your installing to your Half-life Folder IN STEAM

Best answers
Lol this is true, i don't know much...lol....but thank you very much none the less.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did u install the 1.1.1.0 HL update ? that is also required to play this game

**edit**
a steam "registery" key is as far as i know, just the HL cd-key, which can be bought in a shop for like...how much these days? $15? $10?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that steam window popping up is telling you to buy the game, as I believe you do not have a valid cdkey.

Do you have one? It must be legit!

Best answers
Ok,We've had the question answered about our little problem with steam,but that still doesn't solve our big problem with the installer,and why the install button is blanked out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i said...u may have a corrupt/broken installer, try downloading a new one from a different site...see if that one is working

Best answers
i am getting the same problem with the install button blanked out and when i sent the installer to my bros comp it worked fine with him? and yes i have hl version 1.1.1.1 and i can also play hl someone plzz help me with this

Best answers
OMG i got no idea but all of a sudden its working!!??? awsome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom