verizon fiber optic internet,

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now im getting tired of my internet, its SUPPOSED to be high speed, as they (sprint) was advertising, but i think we only belioved that at the time cuz we were upgrading from 56k, playing games online i still experience lots of lag, even AFTER upgrading the speed

im not sure of the exact speed though, but my download speeds usually top out at 200 kbps,

watching the screensavers today i heard of a new fast internet connection by verizon, fiber optic or so that was being made available to homes, however i lost track of the url they mentioned to see if it was available in your area, i know they mentioned it was currently only available in texas and california, and i justhappened to live in texas but i need more specific information than that,

i cant seem to find information regarding it on verizons site, but i may not know what to look for

can anyone help me out here?,

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has nothing to do with verizon, but if cox is supported where you live get that. It's awsome. Great service. Awsome speeds. Pop up blockers etc. It's quite nice. But have you tried goole? or looking at the verizion site?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your connection's speed has nothing to do with your lag in games. It's the quality of your connection--how many packets you're not receiving, the latency at which they're arriving..

You can download at 50MB a second, and still have a terrible Latency, which is what causes lag.

Anyway..

http://newscenter.verizon.com/proac...fcbcdcdc8c5cecfcfcfc5cecec9cdcfcecececfc6c5cf

"FALLS CHURCH, Va. - Fast as light, Verizon is moving to roll out advanced fiber-based broadband technology to customers in six more states."

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was able to find that, but the screensavers mentioned a site that had a form you fill out to see if it was available in your area specifically, i just failed to write down or remember that link >_>

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah and as i feared, it isnt available in this part of texas yet, >_<,

theres not many broadband ISPs in my area, and sprints current package is too damn slow, whats a gamer supposed to do, (besides go outside)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I currently have Verizon ADSL, I hope they move FIOP to my area soon :D

The minimal package has 5MBPS down, 1MBPS up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez... a 5MBPS download?

I thought i was doing something with my little 700k =/

Best answers
I was under the impression that Cox started in Texas. Check them out, I've heard great things.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I currently have Verizon ADSL, I hope they move FIOP to my area soon :D

The minimal package has 5MBPS down, 1MBPS up.
Yeah that's what cox currently supports. But i don't know what the pay difference is. I pay 50 dollars a month, and you?

I get 5 mbps download and 1 mbps upload (50 dollars)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Yeah that's what cox currently supports. But i don't know what the pay difference is. I pay 50 dollars a month, and you?

I get 5 mbps download and 1 mbps upload (50 dollars)

$34.95 a month, with MSN and other Verizon Nonsense

I currently pay just about the same amount. The 50 a month package is 10mbps down, 3mbps up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom