Guild Wars:World Preview

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Hey, guys. Just wanted to let you know about Guild Wars--
They're having their "World Preview" this weekend.

If you didn't already know, Guild Wars is an upcoming MMORPG, by ArenaNet--formed by some of the people who made the Diablo series, and quit Blizzard.
It's going to be No-Monthly-Fees, aside from buying the actual game.

But this World Preview--anybody, and everybody can play for free. You just download the client. A few of us are already playing, and I'm sure we'd like to see you there!

For those who want the system specs, here they are.

System Specs:

Required System Specs:

Windows XP/2000/ME/98
800 MHz Pentium III or equivalent
256 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 or 4 MX with 32MB of video memory
500 MB hard drive space
Internet connection
DirectX 8.0
Recommended System Specs:

Windows XP/2000/ME/98
Pentium III 1GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series with 64MB of video memory
500 MB free hard drive space
Internet connection

-Sonikiri

Sorry no advertising.
Closed.

Ryoko

Circumstantially overruled. Link removed, but the topic is relevant to the section.

Boyster

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reopening this without the link. Feel free to post your opinions and observations about Guild Wars as you try it out.

Best answers
I can only see this game being a hit because its free to play online, if you had to pay to play I dont think much people would play it imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been waiting for this game for along time! I can't wait for it to come out, i've read previews in pc gamer and everything looks good..especially the free online play.!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact that it's free is the biggest deal for me too. Why? Well let's say I start working on an uber character and I get bored, or side tracked, and I want to play something else. Well I don't feel like I'm wasting my money, and I can always pick up the game again in a couple of months without the hassle of reordering.

I like the combat system, particularly the adrenaline system used for warrior skills. It isn't the flashiest stuff I've seen but it is functional. The ability to choose a primary and a secondary class is nice and leaves plenty of opportunities for customization. The crafting is a bit shallow, and the combat does get repetative, but the pvp is fun, the missions are nice, and the enviornments are pretty. My worry is that they wont regularly update after the first couple of months when the game is released because their income will start to rapidly decline without monthly fees.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How long does this go for

I remember they had servers up for E3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ends tommarow just up for the weekend i believe

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And they'll probably do this again in the future. They said something about a monthly world wide beta thing, so they may do this again november, december, and the end of january (prior to release). Download it and give it a try while you can. The download is about... 40k, so don't think they have to download a massive engine and everything. The installer is tiny, you don't need all of the game files before you begin playing either. Just jump in and check it out while it's still around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom