wow, monster hunter

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not 100% sure how long the game has been out, but its new to me i saw the trailer on a playstation 2 demo disc and i had to get it, it looked so ,... perfect

the game itself has no story, literally, but thats not the point, its an realtime rpg/startegy/action game, and it is VERY VERY challenging unlike most similar games, you cant just simply level up or get better equipment and drasitically change the end result of a fight with a wyvern, (you cant even give or recive items above a certain level, to prevent overpowered low rank characters)(bigass dragon), the game is 100% skill oriented, and it has a painful way of telling you your not good enough, ie... being thrown across the level to land stunned and greeted by a huge fireball that combined with the previous attacks damage is more than likely gonna kill you

its mostly dinosaur styled monsters, which is cool in its own right but id have liked to see a bit more variety and bigger more interactive environments, but its still one of the better games for ps2 this year,

no storyline? limited monsters?, no matter, the objective of the game is to bring down the biggest monsters and make yourself basically the ultimate hunter, playing online shows you how you rank up with other players, the online game itself is extremely addictive, (almost back to how bad i was when i played diablo 2 <shivers>),

bottom line if you own a playstation 2 and can access the internet with it, BUY THIS GAME, you wont be disapointed,

and a small tip for anyone that does buy it,.... MINE LIKE CRAZY, if you get a good supply of ore you can build some of he most powerful weapons really early in the game, iron weapons unlike bon weapons do not consist of materials that you can only get really far into the game or online, you can start making these right off the bat if you have the stuff

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought about getting this, but the controls seem so clunky on all the trailers and teasers I have seen......how good are they? o_o

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
take some getting used to, but they work just fine after youve done just that, at first youll notcie a few things that you wont like at first, but after playing a while you adapt and dont even notice them

you swing you weapon with the right joystick, different directions do different attacks,

example
sword- back=jump attack forward=combo left-right+spin attack

if you have a messed up controller like mine youll find yourself accidentally swing your weapon, as my right joystick wont stay centered, but its still fune even after the occasional accident swing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm......maybe I'll give it a try once I get the money. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Link Removed by Forum Staff* - Google it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can look on capcoms offical site for a little bit of game media, not much ingame stuff though www.capcom.com/monster (dont think its against the rules, to post the link to the offcial site is it?)

not exactly sure where they keep the ingame screenshots but they have to have them somewhere right? seems wierd to leave them out, but graphic wise it looks about like final fantasy 11,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can see the screenshots on the official site.......which was removed from my post, thanks nuttzy for posting it again. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom