Home Network , help needed....

Best answers
Yeah so im setting up this home network type of thing and just needed some sort of opinions and stuff like that....

Heres the plan, i have 3 computers here, i am getting a CPU switch for 2 so i can run them both of the 1 monitor(for those who dont know a CPU switch is a board you plug X amount of computers into and can switch between them with hotkeys.). and i am setting another one up just outside the office area and want to get internet on it but the modem is in the office and allready hooked up to one of the computers.
SO i figured if i buy a router place it in the office area and connect 1 of the computers from the office into it and than use the cable to join the other one from outside into the router i can get internet on both of them.....

will this idea work... and if so what is a good cheap router brand.
Thanx in anticipation.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I don't know about cheap routers, i always use linksys for my networking needs.

Best answers
yup, Linksys is known and its good. Using one right now :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D-Link offers some pretty cheap routers.
This is the exact router I use for my home network. You can't get much cheaper than $20, but I haven't had any problems with it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i use d-link as well.. works great. i have seen speeds of up to 500 kb/s so far. how much the router was i don't know. But it's fast enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom