ISOS!

T0t

Best answers
Im not asking for warez or anything. Its just that I have a problem burning isos. For some reason I cant burn at 1x speed. When I try it starts out as 1x but automatically goes up to 2.4x speed. My dvd burner is an 8x NEC DVD+/- rw

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you might not be asking for warez, but u did say u have them and that u wanna burn them on a cd...which is....illegal isnt it? o_o

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your drive may not be capable of burning that slow. If you are trying to burn slow for a healthier burn, 2.4x should be fine. 24x and below tends to last longer, once you start creeping past 30, the discs will wear out quickly.

Best answers
Sicron said:
you might not be asking for warez, but u did say u have them and that u wanna burn them on a cd...which is....illegal isnt it? o_o

he never said he had any he just said he has some isos he cant burn i make isos all the time on stuff i own and back up but im not gettin into that, any way try a different media, i use verbaitem dvd-r's they work like a charm. but just try another media, its most likely the media your using can only go at 2.4x minimum so look on the sides and see if any say 1x-8x or something ^_^

T0t

Best answers
Its cool Sicron, dont worry about it. Anyway I'm using SONY DVD+R. On the back it says it supports 1x- 4x. Hmmm I see what you mean CUC. Is there anyway I could check what speeds my dvd burner supports? It came with my PC so I have no manual, or no information on it. It's an NEC 8x DVD+/- rw.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should report itself to BIOS, use that name and number in a google search.

Why do you want to excercise the low end of your burning capability anyway? If it's for the reasons I stated, you should be fine.

T0t

Best answers
Oh well I burnt at 2.4x but it Had some errors. I also want to take precautions and burn at the lowest speed possilbe. To be error free. ALSO, I did a search on my dvd burner but it only says the max speed. Doesnt say anything about the lowest speed.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lowering the speed is unlikely to solve your errors, try unloading all of your USER called TSRs from memory, hit CTRL+ALT+DEL (if you have winxp or 2k) and close down unneccesary processes. Also shut off things that access your HDD, such as screensavers, IRC (when writing logs), filesharing apps and anything else. That may help you out.

If you are trying to burn something with copyright protection, or burning an ISO that was downloaded, you may have errors with the actual ISO that aren't jiving with it's Table of Contents.

Try a different burning software, you never know what might work better.

T0t

Best answers
Well I didnt have any file sharring apps, and had absolutely everything closed(disabled screensavers as well). Currently I'm using a program called DVD Decrypter. It's also not a downloaded iso but a backup of a game(which I own, so no need to freak out). I heard Alchohol 120% was good though. Anyone know for sure?

T0t

Best answers
ALSO, when I say "I had some errors" It doesnt mean that I couldnt actually play the iso. I meant that the game lags abit.

T0t

Best answers
I'm sorry if I sound like a total Imbecile, but I have no idea what that means CUC. :( sorry. I'm new to this dvd stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom