Steam Update Error

Best answers
Ok i had to reformat my pc and i just tried to install steam. The installation went fine but after, you have to connect to steam to get the platform update. I seem to start updating but at the 29% mark steam just stops updating. This is before i have to enter my steam account details so its not an error with my account details.

I have an AMD 64 3200+, 512 Mb DDR ram, 30 Gb Hardrive (this is a 60 Gb Harddrive partitioned), 128Mb Ati 9800 Pro. I dont think its got anything to do with my hardware but i might aswell say it just in case.

My internet connection is through a University Lan connection which i think has its own firewall. But the thing thats confusing me is that since ive been at univeristy i have reformatted my pc twice and the first time i have been able to connect and get steam running, but this time the above problem has shown up.

I have Norton Firewall and Antivirus and i have run a full sweep and that came out fine and i have let steam have full access to the internet through the firewall.

Does anybody have any suggestions to what might be the cause of this problem? I would much apprieciate the help. Thank You for any help.

Best answers
Format again and see if it works. Steam is buggy like that. Usually reformat will fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom