Nothing is really working

Best answers
So, this is very strange, but let's go.

Well, the thing to do is:

Install Half Life
Update it to 1.1.1.0
... until here, nothing strange, but now, just for testing, I tried to enter half life (OK), internet games and ... "Your executable is out of date".
Then I went to Sierra, downloaded the Updater. It says: "Your executable is out of date (1.1.1.0) but there are no updates to it. O_O

So, I did: Uninstalled the whole thing. Cleaned up my registry. Restart PC.
Install Half Life. Start Updater, then it comes: "Your client is uptodate", but hell, I'm still on 1.1.0.8 ... :O ....

Worse than this. Okay, I install hl1.1.1.0 and then Steam ... when I open Steam, there are NO games to play. not even Half life. Worse, I open the ESF 1.2.1 installer, and it can't install to the steam patch, and the steam directory with my e-mail and don't even exists ... can someone really help me ?!

Half Life Game of the Year Edition ... plzzz ?!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
use steam not WON. WON died. www.steampowered.com download STEAM there. intall half life into steam, then esf beta 1.2 and 1.2.1 into steam/hl and all that good stuff.

Best answers
So, let me say exactly what I'm doing and what I always did, and used to work.
I install Half Life (Original, bought a new one yesterday).
Then, Upgrade it to HL1.1.1.0.
I'll use counter-strike here as an example, because is the same problem to all games.
Ok, I install CS1.5.
I start half life, custom games, activate CS. Then, multiplayer, play online and then .. this is what happens

Well. So I go for installing Steam. Install it. But, no games, even Half Life, don't appear in the list of games. I got a new registered account. Well, can someone really help me here ?! plz ?!

If someone needs more specs of my sys ....

MoBo: Asus A7S333
256+512MB RAM DDR333
GeForce 4 MX440
Directx9 (Updated with SP2)

Best answers
Just to tell, I'm not using WON. I've unistalled it long ago ... :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes you are using won. Stop using won lol. And you can't uninstall it. You have it no matter what. Anywho. Yes you are trying to use won, that's why it says you're executable is out of date. You don't need the 1.1.1.0 patch. You need steam go to www.steampowered.com and download it install it. sign up with a user name, install half life into steam, install cs or whatever you want into steam/half life and you're all set to go. You wouldn't have problems like these with steam. Because steam automatically updates itself

Also there is an edit button for a reason. I suggest you use it. Double posting will get you a warning on these forums

Best answers
Sorry for the double post ... My connection was very bad that time ...
But, anyway ... let me get things clear here ...
So, I should Install Steam firs of all, right ?!
And then, for what directory should I install half life into steam ?! just .../steam/halflife ?!

Really sorry for the double post and no, I'm not using WON. I guarantee you ... :(

/edit

I've just fresh installe Steam, and look at it ...

You see, It doesn't have anything to install, not even Half Life ... :( Help me PLZZZ people !

hmz

Best answers
Ill tell u how halflife is installed in on my PC it might help u install it at the right place.

D:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/[email protected]/Halflife

And ESF should be installed under halflife so it would look like this

D:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/[email protected]/Halflife/esf

check it out, try it out..... i dno if this is of much help, atleast i tried :eek:

Best answers
I tried it ... still don't work ..
One more thing, when I logon with my brothers username, the games show up. Only with mine they don't !!! :(( HEEEELLLLPPP

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't do that if it's on the same computer. But if it's a different computer. then just sign up with his name. You can use the same user id. I do it with my 2 computers. I still register with [email protected] on both computers to get into steam. So really i could be 2 people :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need a valid halflife cdkey for each copy of steam - it sounds like you don't have one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, If you're talking to me, then yes i do. I've had half life for... 5 or 6 years now..

I've tested this for my dedicated servers. I noticed i can not only create a dedicated server twice on 2 computers with the same steam username and cd key, but i can also join any esf game while both dedicated servers are running. So i can be using steam 4 times with the same CD key and steam username. Who knows maybe i'm just special

Best answers
WeW !!
Yes, I have TWO CDKeys, for each of my half life. I told you, I bought a new one just to play with my brother online. I know I gotta have a valid key for each of my half life copies .. I got them. But, the problem seems to be with my new cd key. In steam, it doesn't show any options for games, as u can see in the image i posted above ! :(
Anyone can still help me ?

And well, as I paid for two CDKeys, I think I can use them ....
I know, it's not here I should be flaming this, but I can't look anywhere else for help, on steam forums My user is sitll on moderation queue for validating. Perhaps someone here can help me out ! :)

Best answers
perhaps you have a pirated copy of half-life?

Best answers
No, not pirated. Bought from a reliable big company here .. no chances for piracy ..

HEEELLLPP !!! I can't stand that I wasted 10 USD on this .. for nothing ! :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what happens when you put the cd key in on your account then?

Best answers
Ok when your on steam go browse games and click I already own a game and type in your HL cd key then go in Games and it should be there so then just click on it to install and update it then install ESF to D:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/youremail.com/Halflife

O ya and don't forget to install the ESF 1.2.1 patch unless you downloaded the full 1.2.1 version.

Best answers
i installed steam and registered with my half-life cd key (didnt instal the original half life from the cd) then i installed CS and Half-life by using steam
and let it update (which was automatic i hope) later on i installed ESF but when i start any of the 3 games and join a server it keeps getting stuck at about 95% of the loading (95% is a gues) what is wrong ? or what did i do wrong? please help me i also updated to 1.21(ESF) :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom