still trouble with cd key:S

Best answers
Ok and now I have my own cd key (the original) and a purchuased version of half life but now it says I have an invalid cd key and I'm sure I typed it right.But some friend of mine borrowed it earlier with my cd key could that be the problem??
I wanna play this game, but every time something happens again to prevent me from playing it ;(
Could some1 please help me
thnx

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that is most likely it
if he registered it to steam you cant use it - get him to get you another one!

Best answers
holy cow never ever ever ever ever ever EVER share your CD key with ANYONE! That is unless you are for sure will never play the game ever again. I've known so many people who shared CD keys for Counter-Strike and in the end the key got banned from playing online. Moral of the story is. don't give the key to friends and don't give it to anyone else.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..Why do people share games neway? Isn't the friend like gonna have to send in the cd key to STEAM to get it reseted for a fee?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't understand what the big fuss is. Both of you can use the same CD-key as long as you use the same steam id. That's what i have learned so far. I've done it x.x

Best answers
If your friend decides to cheat and you are the one that bought the game, then there is a problem if he gets it banned off of steam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10-15$... not a big deal, if it comes to that buy another half-life..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SuperSayianNeo said:
If your friend decides to cheat and you are the one that bought the game, then there is a problem if he gets it banned off of steam.
Friend? When did I say friend? I have two computers. Both host my dedicated servers. And what does the cost of it have to do with anything?

Best answers
who ever said I was talking about you? I was saying it in general. and as for money...not all of us are rich you know. Money is a concern for some of us. ;/

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Question answered, thread now closed to avoid more spam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom