• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• bogus ... lame ...

• Total voters
Best answers
does anyone here likes star trek games movies and everything else?

i do alot..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate Star Trek with a passion. Star Wars on the other hand......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play Bridge Commander a ton and sometimes SFC3.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I liked it, (I liked the old original series) but don't like it anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched Next Gen for a while but got bored, don't know what the games are like.

Best answers
Star Trek isn't even slightly believable, where as Star Wars invented this massive universe that you could lose yourself in.

2 Biggest beaf's with Star Trek:

#1: Trekies = Lame
#2: They have teleportation technology yet they still use starships for transportation! WTF?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your "beefs" are baseless.. The transporter only works short-range. They did develop "subspace transporters," but they were dangerous, malfunctioned a lot, and they're outlawed in the Federation. They had a maximum distance of about 3 light years, I believe, which isn't enough for interstellar travel anyway.

Star Wars is the universe that isn't believable. The first 3 Star Trek movies weren't supposed to BE believable.. People had unexplained powers, went into little bars filled with PUPPETS, and a little green martian with psychic powers.

I like Star Wars--it's a funny, entertaining series. But I'll always like Star Trek better, because it is more believable, more entertaining, in pretty much every way.
Note: I hate the original Star Trek, with William Shatner. I liked DS9, and TNG most.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i LOVE star trek... its like the best scifi series ever! (ok ds9 wasnt thaaat good but ist ok)
next generation was the best!

star trek > *

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DS9 was my favorite, though TNG is a close second. DS9 was the gritty, red headed step child of the series that seriously deviated from the formula, and I loved it for that. I like the classic series alot, mainly because I'm old enough to have remembered when it and the animated Star Trek series were the only Treks.

Further, I don't see how Star Wars is any more believeable . . . lightsabers are totally not possible or explainable by our science today . . . Transporters work of the principial of mass being transmutable to energy. They simply learned how to do it in reverse and control that energy.

Best answers
Ive been watching ST Voyager and i love it. I love star trek is way more realistic than star wars, more believable. Voyager is defenetly my favorite TNG is a close second. I also like star wars but i still think that 1000 years from now the world would be more like in star trek than in star wars.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Your "beefs" are baseless.. The transporter only works short-range. They did develop "subspace transporters," but they were dangerous, malfunctioned a lot, and they're outlawed in the Federation. They had a maximum distance of about 3 light years, I believe, which isn't enough for interstellar travel anyway.

Star Wars is the universe that isn't believable. The first 3 Star Trek movies weren't supposed to BE believable.. People had unexplained powers, went into little bars filled with PUPPETS, and a little green martian with psychic powers.

I like Star Wars--it's a funny, entertaining series. But I'll always like Star Trek better, because it is more believable, more entertaining, in pretty much every way.
Note: I hate the original Star Trek, with William Shatner. I liked DS9, and TNG most.
Could not agree with you more. While I love both SW and ST, ST is clearly way more believable if you actually sit down and watch it. SW was obviously farfetched, being able to control light like that, and having these force powers.

The thing I liked about ST, is it was SW without all the unbelievable BS. Of course they both had their unbelievable moments, ST is clearly more realistic than SW.

My favorite was TNG, then Voyager, never really got into DS9. The concept of them being stuck on a giant space station seems boring. But I never really gave it a try, so I can't judge.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I love Star Trek...well, not so much the original, but I do enjoy TNG and DS9, particularly the comedic episodes of TNG (or episodes that contained much comedic material).

As for the games, well, I like Elite Force, Armada, and the occasional round of Bridge Commander, though Elite Force and Armada are my preferences over BC.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We should fight on Bridge Commander, Majin_You. I bet I'd win ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been a long time since i've played it myself.

I was always foolhardy, and tended to ram.....alot.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Star Wars fanboys are just as bad as Star Trek fanboys, Dressing up as Spock or Vader is just as embarrassing, I'm not a fan of Star Trek I think it was before my time, (seeing as how my mum loves it...) I do like Star Wars because its unbelieveable which is how (imo) sci-fi should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom