It's only fair and right

Force Pit Member
Best answers
SIGN IT!..............please

http://www.petitiononline.com/port2gcn/petition.html

I'm not asking for opinions on if online potitions work. I'm not saying RE4 shouldn't be on the PS2. I am just wanting some of the PS2 excluives ported over. Capcom clearly stated that the only reason they are porting over RE4 is because they herard an outcry from fans. So whoever wrote this thing is starting his own outcry.....please support it!

And if you don't, jsut do me a favor and hold your opinions to yourselves, we really don't need people crying and complaining in this thread one way or another. IF you dislike the cube or capcom say so SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Best answers
sorry but i dont agree, capcom has made megaman games and so they made viewtiful joe which makes sense it would get ported....they also made devil may cry which was supposed to originally be a resident evil but they changed it......any way im sorry but im saying i disagree with this......gamecube is more for the kiddies, im not calling it a kiddie system for all the fanboys out there lol im just saying the games your asking to port dont seem to be a game nintendo would support.....hopefully you get what i mean

Best answers
god dammit...

Eclipse said:
And if you don't, jsut do me a favor and hold your opinions to yourselves, we really don't need people crying and complaining in this thread one way or another. IF you dislike the cube or capcom say so SOMEWHERE ELSE.
You know what I love to do?

Read.

Best answers
Soulicro said:
god dammit...

You know what I love to do?

Read.

wow me 2, i posted my thoughts on the idea....im not a cube or capcom hater in fact i own viewtiful joe and a cube as well as a few more capcom games.....so i posted what i thought.....he doesnt need to get all positive feedback you know.....in fact why were you postiing that without answering his post? o well i posted my thoughts end of story wheather or not he agrees with me or not is another story, but my post stated i dont strongly disagree but i do disagree but i explained why........

Force Pit Member
Best answers
goten son u posted your thoughts without flammin or anything and i really can't complain, while your opinion about the cube and it's games is simple uninformed, using the reason you stated i guess i can understand why you don't think they would make good gamecube games. But owning a cube, would you really not liek to have a bigger game library? With some ever MORE really good games? I know I do :).

Personally my take on it is that Capcom stated that they are only porting over RE4 because of the outcry from fans. This means the last GC "exclusive" went to Sony again because Capcom wants to make more money (which makes since, who doesn't want money, i'm not saying they shouldn't have done that). Using that logic if they were to return the favor and give GC owners a few games they have exclusivly released on the PS2 they could make MORE money, and broaden the franchies appeal to more gamers. Just my take on it tho :).

I don't care if people disagree as long as they state themselves in a clear and consices manner, i jsut didn't want, "NINTENDO IS TEH K1DD13, DEY SUCKZOR AND TEH XBOXZOR ROX!!!11111!!!!!1!111" kinda stuff going around cuz this isn't ment to be a system war thread.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically if you're going to say, Gamecube sucks or It's a kiddie system

STFU

No console wars here. This is a thread to voice your opinions on getting games ported to the Gamecube and not to bash consoles

Pan

Best answers
This is just my personal oppion, Resident Evil 4 shouldnt of been ported over to the PS2. That may sound selfish, biased or call it watever you want, but that was just messed up. The game was suppose to be a gamecube exclusive, just like 4 other games capcom was releasing. Im sure everyone remeber the Capcom 5. Exclusive for Gamecube?

Well, they all fell apart. One of them sold like crap, one of them got cancelled, and the others got ported. Im sure capcom had there reasons like there money issues which is just fine, but they also brought to everyone's attention that they are during this based on fan service as well which is just unfair to nintendo fans as well as xbox fans alike. I know alot of people who were about to buy a gamecube just for the game. This will not only hurt the trust that people have for capcom, but also hurt sales of the gamecube as well as RE 4 on the GC. This petition is useless, they wont listen to Nintendo or Xbox Fans for that matter, but I'll sign it anyway. The xbox was getting Halo 2. The PS2 got GTA & MGS. The gamecube had RE 4 but you can throw that to the side now just like capcom did.

Anyway, i guess RE 4 going to PS2 is not so bad. A year later, all the hype will be gone for it,and people will have there minds see on other games and consoles being released.The game will have to be toned down to fit the PS2 standards, it wont look as good as the gamecube one, there will most likely be bad load times, framerate slowdowns and ect. I honestly dont think the game would be worth buying then even with the few extra it will have. Anyway sorry for ranting, and like i said this petitton seems pretty useless to me since im sure they most likely wont listen anyway.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
You do realize..that online petitions are things no one really cares to value. Trust me, many..well all of them have basically failed. x.x

I'm an owner of a Game Cube, and I like it. I'd like for RE4 to come out for it.

Bah to ps2. :(

Best answers
After beating all my games for gamecube (though i still play SMB: Melee) i think RE4 should only be gamecube exclusive. The people developing the game spent so much time squeezing every spec of the gamecube's capabilities to create one unique game and I bow to them for that. I mean, common. Even though i luv my PS2 more then my gamecube fold after fold, I still like the GC games no matter how "kiddie" they are and i'm sure others do to.

Next people will be wanting Metroid Prime: Echoes for ps2.

Best answers
I like how they talk like capcom owes them something when they don't. They should be happy that they started putting RE games on the gamecube in the first place. But i signed = \ but what i wrote isn't to friendly lol

Pan

Best answers
JAckripp said:
I like how they talk like capcom owes them something when they don't. They should be happy that they started putting RE games on the gamecube in the first place. But i signed = \ but what i wrote isn't to friendly lol

Well let's see, considering the PS2 fans talked as if capcom owed them something since they brought the RE titles over to the gamecube, then what's wrong with them owing something to Nintendo Fans?!? Resident Evil Proved to be a much better game on the GC anyway, and is basically the only games that take advantage of the GC hardware.

Im not saying capcom are doing the wrong thing by letting the PS2 owners enjoy some of the Previous GC Exclusive and im sure there making alot of money off of it. I just feel they should be fair and bring over some of the PS2 Titles over to the gamecube. The PS2 owners get to enjoy some of the GC exclusives and GC is already lacking in alot of good titles compared to the PS2 so why not let GC fans enjoy them alike. The PS2 now gets RE 4, they could atleast give nintendo fans DMC 3.

Also they do owe us something, they owe us an explaination of why they lied. They clearly stated countless times strongly that this game would not go to any other system, even the director claimed he would cut his head off before letting this back on PS2 or any other console, and they throw that aside just like that for fan service because the PS2 fans feel as if capcom owes them something. Im sure some GC fans are over reacting big time, but i feel they have every right to be abit upset at this news since this was basically one of the most anticipated titles on the GC.

Best answers
Thats the biggest crap i ever heard, Capcom shouldnt give nothing or neither do they owe them anything. Resident evil belongs on Sony anyway besides nintendo is kiddy for little kids, and resident evil could look just as better on teh ps2 then the kiddy cube :rolleyes: So playstation 2 fans had every right to complain since were the ones that were betrayed. :)

Best answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan
Well let's see, considering the PS2 fans talked as if capcom owed them something since they brought the RE titles over to the gamecube

They don't owe PS2 fans anything either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan
Resident Evil Proved to be a much better game on the GC anyway.

Maybe compared to the PS2 REs but the first 3 were the best and always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan
they owe us an explaination of why they lied

Game companies lie all the time, it's just what they do.

Best answers
I actually see your point pan, but the fact is, like the guy said above me, game compaines lie all the time. The GTA Series was never suppose to go to anything outside the PS2 and it went to Xbox, its all about making money while trying to sastify there fanbase at the same time. But i do agree with you about Capcom lieing, they really breaks my trust for them since there one of my favorite gaming compaines, but watever its just something people have to deal with :) .

Pan

Best answers
Yea i guess you guys are right, oh well i guess there isn't any use complaining about something that we have no control over. It's there company they can do what they want, i just thought fairness would come to play at some point.

Best answers
Oh no CAPCOM lied! Come on guys, the GAme Cube is geared towards kids more than adults, just like the N64 was the exact same way. None of those games have anything to offer to teh Game Cube, the controller would be horrible for 2d fighters "Street Fighter"/ Games like Devil May Cry would feel to sluggish and be hindered by the poor button scheme of the Game Cube, Onimusha isn't even doing that well and a broader fanbase would only hurt that.

Nintendo should focus on there hardware. If they made a half way decent system then Fanboys wouldnt have to beg the company to port over games just because there to cheap to dish out the money for a new system. Quit Whining!

Just 2 more things:

#1: CAPCOM doesn't owe you anything, if anything we owe them for even releasing the greats like Mega Man, and Street Fighter.

#2: Don't you find it ironic that Game Cube owners are taking place in an online poll, when the Game Cube has almost no online support, I found it funny.

KyoKusanagi

K
Its boils right down to the amount of money Capcom can make from this game.

Quite clearly the GCN's target demographic is an audience who by law cannot legally buy, play or own the game let say in this instance its something like 60% who are under 15. Not to mention most of these kids don't have their own income and would rely on getting games as presents or from nagging their parents.

The PS2 on the otherhand has (like the PSone) been targeted at an older audience with a higher disposable income and by law can go out and buy the game. Lets say in this case the target audience is 75%.

Already the number of console owners who can buy the game on PS2 outnumber those who would or could buy the game on GCN. And thats not even taking into account the fact that Sony has sold a greater number of consoles worldwide than Nintendo has.

Remember its a money making business and as great as you think these gaming companies are the bottom line is that they're a business and their priority is to generate profit.

Best answers
[RANT]I think it's a great thing that RE4 is being ported to PS2. What pisses me off, is when people dislike the game just because it's being ported to a different system when it was advertised as "exclusive". It's as if they don't want other people to enjoy these good games as a punishment for not owning their console of choice. A friend of mine loves the RE games, and thinks that the more action orientated RE4 will be a great change from the generally unchanging series, now when we last spoke about it, he was very dissapointed that it wouldn't be coming to PS2. I certainly didn't feel superior because I would be able to purchase a game that a long term fan of the series wouldn't be able to.[/RANT]

Basically, I think that everyone should have a chance to play the great games. The only reason to whine about the "exclusive" promise being broken is if the game changes consoles completely, but other than that it really doesn't hurt you in any way.

Best answers
I have no problem with other games being on other consoles its just people that have to make a big deal about it being on another console. And i might want it and i don't wanna buy a gamecube jsut for this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom