• Halflife 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wich do you choose? Halo 2 or Halflife 2

I like Halo2's Single Player story line but I like Halflife 2's Multi Player, It's hard to decide but I think it goes to Halo 2 for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halo 2, without a doubt. its pretty much more anticipated than hl2 though in production shorter. ask a random gamer what they would want more they would most likley say halo 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life 2! Halo 2 looks like more of the same but enhanced, not to mention...

Mods.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but i was just saying before anticipation for the game itself, mods doesnt really make it hl2 anymore just somehting else built off of it.

and Halo2 will have, Downoad content, both hl2 and Halo2 will have replay value from "downloads"

Edit: on another note, Halo 2 is very different, just same controls.

Best answers
Well considering that I haven't played either, and that most people probably shouldn't have played either unless they are downloading leaked copies...

I don't know, from what I read Halo 2's campaign is disappointing, but online play is balls out awesome...I don't have xbox live though, and HL2 has had so much hype...who knows what to expect from it.

I guess Halo2 since it will be the first I buy

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halo 2 > Half-Life 2... are you crazy?

Best answers
I'm expecting Halo 2 to be better. Half Life 2 will still be a frickin awesome game, but i'm really wishing i had an X-Box

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tough choice!

im going with halflife2, because I believe it has the better medium, the pc.
Im most likely going to buy them both though :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life 2 gets my vote. Valve has really done it this time. A breakthrough in gaming. Read up on HL2's features, and how they built the new engine. It's going to be one of the most realistic games ever. EVER!!! Plus I enjoyed the original Half-Life, but I'm bored of it now, so I just play for the mods. But HL2 will keep me happy for another 4-5 years.

Plus I bought the Dream Machine 2004, so I'm not complaining about performance. Half-Life 2 is going to look so sweet on this computer. And I'm really looking forward to fighting those tac-op teams that the G-man sends to City 17 to kill stuff.

I just hope I dont get head crabs :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a) I don't have an X-Box, so that's 1 point toward HL 2, for now.
b) I never really liked the original Halo that much....

Hence, HL2 > Halo 2 in my books.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life 2 for sure. If you guys read some of the reviews for halo, they say it's kind of short (around 10 hours.. pretty short for a video game) and the storys ending is lacking. The mutliplayer is suppose to be good though, to bad I don't have x-box life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted HL2. The story's premise seems a lot more interesting, although both games look pretty epic... and the fighting itself, well, it's definitely going to be really different in HL2 whereas I think Halo will just be some slight additions here and there (to an already pretty good, but somewhat repetitive combat system.)

Halo co-op and single was what gave it power originally, so I'm kinda surprised they threw that off and focused on the multiplayer (which I heard is really good.) HL2, I'm not even sure if it has it's own multiplayer, but the sheer number of mods that will spring off of the awesome Source engine insures that you'll never get bored. You can't write mods off as another subject. They are part of waht HL2 represents, which is incredible possibilities with an incredible engine. Even if I got tired of CS:Source, there will be NS:S, DoD:S, and on and on, and this is something Halo 2 is not capable of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only reason i will like HL2 is because of all the new mods for it. Otherwise i dont care about the actual game. So i voted for Halo2 since im actually interested in its storyline.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, you're missing out then man. HL1 had a pretty bland storyline/progression (mostly from the utter lack of dialogue and direction), but HL2 looks really awesome, although it'll be funny if Gordon still doesn't talk -_-. I didn't even play through HL1 when I bought it, but I'm definitely doing that for HL2.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gordon still doesn't talk this time around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then, you're missing out too, it did actually have a strong story told out through scripted sequences and the scientists, possibly the strongest in an FPS at the time. At the end it was more about story and left the ending open for Half-Life 2 which is good because there's a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions. Play through Half-Life or HL: Source or the story of HL2 won't make much sense.

Half Life 2 has great everything, it has no flaws, no weakspots, and it doesn't require a high-spec computer. To be honest the 'story' of Halo (PC) left me cold, and that's why I voted for Half-Life 2.

Best answers
Its all about Half-Life 2. Why? Because its on PC. That just says it right there. Not to mention the look of Halo 2, it basically just looks the same old boring stuff as the first one, just with better graphics.

PC > X-Box, therefore HL2 > Halo 2.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
I like Halo2's Single Player story line but I like Halflife 2's Multi Player, It's hard to decide but I think it goes to Halo 2 for me.
Although, I ahte agreeing with my arch nemesis, but he is right.
Halo 2's better, hands down.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow not to break to harass anyone wich is against the AUP (I think?) Forgotten can you stop being such a dumbass and posting in every damn thread I make? K thanks...

Btw I get Halo2 tonight XD Or I should say Tomorrow :)

But Halo2 storyline does kick ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom