My School is Technologically Illiterate

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was eating lunch today when a friend kept complaining about his video card, an X800 Pro. He actually said that the pro sucks and was causing him to get choke/loss on CS because of it. I tried to explain to him that it was because of his internet connection or router. Apparently, the simple concept I tried to explain to him of packets of information being sent from server to client was way over his head. He just put up his X800 Pro on EBay and is saving up for an XT. What an idiot.

My whole school is like this. I don't consider myself that well knowledgable when it comes to computers, but I easily know the most about computers in my whole damn grade.

Just thought I'd share. :|~

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, that was a stupid move for him to make. I would slap him if I were there to hear it.

Best answers
So you know a bunch of stuff on computer, cool.

Want a cookie? :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would but it off him for real cheap, and then prove to him he is a moron :D

Best answers
yeah same here, except for a few of my friends. One day i was studying in the library and this fella came in to get an assignment off his hotmail account. This teacher came up and said their computers are getting virus's and it was kids like him and hotmail that were the reason.. the idiot doesnt know a thing. I was tempted to go over and explain (destroy him) a few things..

Best answers
i feel the same way. all the kids dont think enough. EExample from today:
Mr. Kelley (my teacher): What is the square root of 12 X 5?
Student 1:...
Student 2:...
Student 2: 30
Mr.Kelley: no
Student 1: 12?
mr. Kelley: no
Class; THINK WILL YOU
Student 1 : 10
Mr.Kelley: yes (finally)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, since we are sharing about kids in school, and how people don't think enough,and stuff I will share why i hate my english class. So if you don't wanna hear me complain, then don't read what is below this :)

Mr. Doyle, my english teacher for those of you who couldn't make that connection, was talking about the PSAT's and how you should change the battery in your calculator. And this girl was like. But what if it's solar powered? And there is no light? How does a solar powered calculator work with out light? And i was just like "omg i'm in retardsville." But this next part is what really got to me. Doyle was saying what kind of kids go to Toll Gate to take the psat's he said kids from vets and west warwick and then he said Prout... And this blonde (how ironic) in the back was like "Isn't that a fish?" And i just turned around and said to bill "I just wanna kill myself i have a murderous intent" And he's like "I don't wanna shoot myself i wanna shoot them" good point he has there. Oh my god, it's not even funny. These girls are so stupid...

They asked my teacher mr. Doyle they say to him "Did you get a hair cut??"

I wanted to slap my face and fall over... guess why? HE'S BALD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm lets see if i can mention any other reasons.

Oh yeah there is this part i forgot to mention about the calculators for the PSAT's.

Welp pretty much everyone in the 10th grade and up has a TI-83 plus texas instrument calculator. So the girls were asking how to change the batteries of course, cuz they don't know anything. Now, if it was one of those small calculators with the small silver batteries, and the part of the calcluator that holds it in place is well hidden or has a screw to keep it closed, maybe JUST maybe i would understand. But when you ask how to change 4 tripple A batteries something is seriously wrong with you.

And then this one girl was so ****ing retarded to ask "what does this silver battery do underneath the 4 tripple a batteries?" And clearly written on the damn batter is "BACK UP BATTERY"

Now you have an idea of how retarded my school is. It's almost as bad as the fact that the directions to toast poptards is more then 1 direction.

Now i know i'm not the smartest kid in the world. But it mean... come on it's common sense -.-'

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Optional said:
I was eating lunch today when a friend kept complaining about his video card, an X800 Pro. He actually said that the pro sucks and was causing him to get choke/loss on CS because of it. I tried to explain to him that it was because of his internet connection or router. Apparently, the simple concept I tried to explain to him of packets of information being sent from server to client was way over his head. He just put up his X800 Pro on EBay and is saving up for an XT. What an idiot.

My whole school is like this. I don't consider myself that well knowledgable when it comes to computers, but I easily know the most about computers in my whole damn grade.

Just thought I'd share. :|~
Damn this story is familiar :|

I got a friend who plays CS he has a 2,6 Intel Celeron, 256 DDR ram and a Ati Radeon 9200 SE.

He says when his FPS is low, he says its lag >_>, I tell him to create a game(hosting one) and he gets 22 FPS(Same as he plays online) and still he is like that the internet makes his FPS so low. :/

Heh reall your friend(no offence) is a tard, let him create a game, if the FPS is good you proved your point ;).

Best answers
Amnestometh said:
Wow, that was a stupid move for him to make. I would slap him if I were there to hear it.
i second that, i hate these smart-asses, they need to be kicked some day..

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
OMGWTFROFL!
thats really worth a laugh ...
please tell him that he should buy a new 23" monitor if he wants better graphics in CS!!
seriously... tell him, im really courious about his answer...
please do that for me dude or im gonna poke you on aim about it untill you do it XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Really? I thought 18' was pretty big?" said my idiot friend.

"It's okay, but the bigger the screen; the better the grapics. Why do you think HL2 is Widescreen compatible?" I replied.

"Oh sweet, after I get my XT, I'll buy one of those 30' LCDs," he said.

*Laugh*, ev0l idea, funny too.

Best answers
omg! ROFLMFAO! damn those stories sound all to familiar jeebus save us! and for fps just turn off vsync and put fps_max 100 and ull have 100 fps all the time btw is an nivda mx 440 any good? like should i upgrade to some thing better or is it fine for what it is considering it can play almost all games

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, Nice Optional, anyone who uses an X800 Pro for just CS deserves to be screwed out of a lot of money anyway :)

My school's pretty technologically illiterate too, they just invested in 60 eMac's and replaced all our PC's with them. Pics soon :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
"Really? I thought 18' was pretty big?" said my idiot friend.

"It's okay, but the bigger the screen; the better the grapics. Why do you think HL2 is Widescreen compatible?" I replied.

"Oh sweet, after I get my XT, I'll buy one of those 30' LCDs," he said.

*Laugh*, ev0l idea, funny too.
That was the worst thing I think you can ever do for a friend. Tell ya what. I got a crappy video card. Do you want me to send it to him swareing its a Radeon 9800?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I actually told him later that I was just kidding, and monitor size has nothing to do with actual graphics.

What crappy video card do you refer to? I'd wub it if it is better than my pooey 5200. :c

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A 30' LCD monitor costs like eleventy billion dollars anyway, so unless he lives in Richierichville, I don't think his friend would've gotten one o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He is rich, but I don't think he would of bought it when he found out how much they cost (probably would have gotten a 22" CRT).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah,. . . get away from your friend before he starts rubbing off on you. >_<

I always hung out with the nerds (and by nerds I mean, long-haired metal heads who wore trenchcoats and were also expert programmers) at my school. We'd have discussions about the disadvantages of object oriented programming and how we were going to program a game in 100% pure assembly language, and write programs on our programmable calculators to save ourselves time on our homework. . .

Was nerdy, but awesome. o/

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
:rolleyes: Kurt r nerd and i wub him for it o/

No but i guess it would be pretty easy to rip them for parts

Ram pffft you dont need that 128 is enough just gimme your 256 stick,
No No you dont need a dvd burner just give it to me it causes your computer to lag,
2nd Harddrive pfft i say you just give it to me

You get my point

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Robby said:
i feel the same way. all the kids dont think enough. EExample from today:
Mr. Kelley (my teacher): What is the square root of 12 X 5?
Student 1:...
Student 2:...
Student 2: 30
Mr.Kelley: no
Student 1: 12?
mr. Kelley: no
Class; THINK WILL YOU
Student 1 : 10
Mr.Kelley: yes (finally)
The square root of 12 X 5 isn't 10, 60 doesn't even have a square root. Better start hitting the books again. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom