Two FRUSTRATING GT Questions

Best answers
First of all,

Why is Gohan an SSJ in GT? He turns SSJ to fight Bebi Goten; shouldn't he be Mystic? Or did he lose the Kaio-powers because he hasn't used them in such a long time?

Second,

WHY does Goku choose to stay as a child!? What about Chi Chi? Didn't he think of her!? O_O

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got another one, Why is GT not as good as DBZ,
Because it wasn't made by toriyama. The guys who made GT screwed a lot up, what you mentioned is just a two of the numerous plot holes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget that Vegeta skips ssj3 and goes straight to 4. Or the fact that Gotenks can go ssj3 but Goku can't. (as a kid of course)

Or the fact that when goku goes ssj4 as a kid he grows up. Need I say more?

Best answers
Goku can go SSJ3 as a child; it's shown in the title. Goku turning into an adult as SSJ4 is a symbol in a way; although I can't explain it, I know that was intentional.

The two I mentioned above are what frustrates me.

EDIT: I understand why Goku stays as a child now. If he used the dragonballs to wish him back to an adult, they'd be scattered around the universe again. What i don't understand is, they had less than a year to regain the dragonballs, and they would have worked once they were regained in less than a year. However, if they were used to wish him back into an adult, why would the time they could be used again be longer than before? I'm confused...

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku can go ssj3 as a child but can't maintain it, Gotenks can but they're both around the same age.

Best answers
I guess that's because Goku can't maintain his power period as a child; a setback from the wish.

Best answers
I think it's because gotenks is a fusion of two people, not just one

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When did it say that the dragon balls limited his power. All they did was grant the wish that he was a child again. Nothing more. it would have been like goku going ssj3 as a child in the DB episodes.

Also what does the fact that they are 2 people have to do with anything? uhh whats his name... oh vegetto, he was 2 people he never went ssj3 neither did that other guy that fueses when he has the earings.

Best answers
Just saying that two fused entities probably have a higher capacity to hold energy than a single entity...two bodies can probably push out more energy than a single one...even if they are fused

Best answers
Which means:

fused ssj2 > individual ssj3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotenks could go SSJ3 because Goku gave Goten and Trunks the demonstration before they fused, Vegeta didn't see SSJ3 before he became Vegetto so he (Vegetto) didn't know how to ascend that high, he only goes to SSJ2. Goten and Trunks knew how to ascend to ssj3 but didn't have enough power to do so, when they become Gotenks they have the knowledge and the power.

Mystic probably wore off, It wasn't a standard form, he doesn't use it after Movie 13 and in the years of peace that followed he didn't train, so he either got weaker, lost the ability or both. In Buu's Fury the Mystic form slowly drains away (but never dissapears fully) so it's not a completley unsolicited idea.

As for Goku staying as a child, I personally think it was his sense of loyalty as a protector of the earth, if he's younger he can live longer because he can age all over again, so he can defend the earth for longer. And the point Shao made. I did feel sorry for ChiChi though. When he was wished smaller, his power did decrease but not so dramatically that it became like it was in Dragonball, he would never have lasted against Baby like that.

Of course Vegeta skipped SSJ3, he didn't know how to do it, and he cheated to get to SSJ4, having Bulma build a machine to do it for him, what happened to his pride?

Super Saiyan 4 is the perfect saiyan state, it takes the best of the normal form and the best of the oozaru form and puts it into one body. It retains the 10x power boost of Oozaru while not being a slow massive target. Because it's designed to be the ultimate saiyan form, I imagine it changes the transfomer into the perfect fighting age and size. He gets a long reach for punches and kicks and doesn't diminish energy from being old. That and the fact that if he was a small SSJ4, he wouldn't have been able to fuse into SSJ4 Gogeta so Toei would have to change the script. Lazy :D

See? GT doesn't have that many plotholes, you just have to think of ways around them. *accepts back payment from Toei agent*

[EDIT: Thought; when Goku shows Babidi the SSJ3 trans, the camera goes into Goku's eye and you see Goku as an Oozaru, Goku as an adult and Goku as a child, maybe this was hinting that it's the last form before the ultimate one?]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it was hinting that it WAS the ultimate one...before they shoved SSJ4 into the mix.

Best answers
EDIT: I understand why Goku stays as a child now. If he used the dragonballs to wish him back to an adult, they'd be scattered around the universe again. What i don't understand is, they had less than a year to regain the dragonballs, and they would have worked once they were regained in less than a year. However, if they were used to wish him back into an adult, why would the time they could be used again be longer than before? I'm confused...
The plot hole here is the fact that because Goku is a child he cant use instant transmission. This is proved later on when he is SSJ4 and states he now can. If he did return to being an adult he could have found them again much more quickly with IT.

Best answers
U know...nobody sad that mystic was the last form of Gohan....he could've gone ssj any time...cuz u can't stop a sayan going super sayan if he wan't...the reason why he didn't go ssj is because he didn't need 2......or if he got ssj there was no big deal...cuz he coulnd't stop Buu...ande the scond question is because if he used the black star dragonballs to trasnform back 2 normal then they would have 2 find em in 1 year again......now another question...Couldn't he used the normal dragonballs to get back to normal?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
[EDIT: Thought; when Goku shows Babidi the SSJ3 trans, the camera goes into Goku's eye and you see Goku as an Oozaru, Goku as an adult and Goku as a child, maybe this was hinting that it's the last form before the ultimate one?]
Toryama thought of and designed SSJ4. Its one of the only things he helped with GT.

Best answers
Gotenks could go SSJ3 because Goku gave Goten and Trunks the demonstration before they fused, Vegeta didn't see SSJ3 before he became Vegetto so he (Vegetto) didn't know how to ascend that high, he only goes to SSJ2.
Lol :) And how did Goku go SSJ3? Nobody have showed it to him... And Vegetto can go SSJ3 any time he wants, but does he even need to do that? The answer is no, SSJ was more than enough to beat Buu, heck even his normal was more than enough to beat crap out of Buu. Gotenks need to go SSJ3 because he needs that form to win that fight, he was loosing as a SSJ.

There is this plot hole in DBGT when Goku SSJ4 was beaten by Ozaru Vegeta, and Goten and Trunks have sujested Goku that they will fuse into Gotenks to win the Fight, but idiot Goku said that they are not powerfull enough to win him. Did the developers of DBGT even watched DBZ? If they did they would knew that fussed warior are like 10x more poverfull than individual's. That means that SSJ3 Gotenks wich by that time is aready Adult Gotenks) would be a lot more powerfull than Goku SSJ4. Even normal Vegetto could have beat Goku SSJ4 (if there ever was that match up).

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not a plothole. Goten and Trunks hadn't trained for like 10 years.

Which would be more powerful? SSJ4 Goku, who had spent decades training, or two slacking-off teenagers with no sense of fighting?

We saw in DBZ how much only 7 years affected Gohan stopping training inbetween Cell and Buu, and more time then that had passed inbetween Z and GT.

Gotenks wouldn't have been a match.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An actual plothole is Goku killing Frieza and Cell in the afterlife.

As everyone knows, HFIL in the Toei version is Hell, but in the dub they made HFIL and Hell two seperate places, HFIL is still shown as 'The Home For Infinite Losers' where power doesn't grow and they sit around on yellow rocks looking into pools of blood and watching TV. Hell is red rocks, fire, brimstone, lava and stuff, and there are multiple layers of Hell (just like in the Bible), the last one being the Icy one (again, bible) It's here that Goku kills Frieza and Cell, who are already dead. As explicitly stated in Dragonball Z's final few episodes, if you die when dead you vanish from existence, but later on we see Cell and Frieza tied up in a cage, replete with halos.

And Evgenji i'd get your facts straight, Goku learned SSJ3 because he discovered it while training, Vegeta didn't see SSJ3 until Kid Buu had presented himself at the Supreme Kai's planet, so Vegetto couldn't have known how to do it. If he had enough power in his Normal form why did he go SSJ2 (not SSJ) in the first place? Why not SSJ3 if he could? I think he would've revealed he could've if he could, but couldn't. And Fusion is not x10 the power, it's more like Person 1's PL+Person 2's PL X3, or X4 for Potarra. Gotenks would have killed Super Buu in a single Ghost if it was x10.

Best answers
If he had enough power in his Normal form why did he go SSJ2 (not SSJ) in the first place?
Just watch DBZ and you will see that he is just playing with Buu in Normal and he goes SSJ to show that he had no chance to win to begin with, he wasn't even trying, he just wanted Buu to become desparate so he will try to absorb him. SSJ2? He went SSJ and he said that he is Super Vegetto, and not - Accended Super Vegetto plus there isn't any lightning around him. If he went SSJ2 he could have killed Buu in a single ki blast, and by the way he did show Buu when he held a piece of his head that he can destroy his body easily, he fired a normal blast and that body part have been destroyed without posibility to regenerate. So a SSJ3 isn't even close for requirement to defeat Buu for Vegetto, as I said he could have done it in Normal form if he realy wanted to kill him, his goal was difrent, he wanted to save his friends. He just was that strong (btw in Normal he was a lot more stronger than Goku SSJ3). Goku SSJ3 even when he tryed his best coud not lend a punch on Gohan Buu, but Vegetto was just playing with Buu.

And your formula is almost close to 10x: 1 person + 2 person X 4 = 8x more power than individual (considering that two individuals have almost the same potential before fused). Although Goku had a little more potential than Vegeta so it's like 60% Goku and 40% Vegeta in this case.

So a fusion could have won that Fight in GT. If two childs can go SSJ3 when fused and that was just a game for them, than 2 adults could have been a serious chalenge for Ozaru Vegeta. I'm prety sure that Gotenks full potential by far exceeds Goku maximum potential.

Best answers
I just remembered one of the bigest plot holes in DBGT - Power Levels. You remember that move that Ozaru Vegeta fired at Goku SSJ4 and he was charging that move for about 6 minutes. Well gues what - that move had a potential to destroy a solar system if you consider an actual power level system from DBZ, but in DBGT that move just destroyed 1 lousy mountain and that's it. Even Napa did more damage to the ground when he zapped that city where they have arrived with Vegeta. Thats not even funy, charging atack for 5 minutes with power level that by far exceeds SSJ3 and all he did was destroyed that platform where Goku and the other where standing plus he didn't kill anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom