Which card?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sorry to start yet another graphics card debate, but I got paid today and I REALLY need to finish of my system.

Im willing to spend around £200 ( around $370 usd) and am despiratly trying to choose the right card for me, one that will play the games of tomorrow at high enough graphics to make me happy, even though i still play at 1024*768... (no, im not buying two new moniters, lol)

Sooo... my fave site for comp bits its www.ebuyer.com, and these are the two cards im currently looking at.

The Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb
or the GeForce 6800GT 128mb

Yes, I know that one card has double the memory of the other, but I doubt ill ever play at uber resolutions so It isnt really a deciding factor.
So, ill leave it in your hands, dear forum. Are either of these any good? or is there another on the ebuyer site ive overlooked?
Many thanks in advance for any help, and a big cookie for ju.

oh, last thing, I havnt put my specs up, cos allthough ive just upgraded a few months back, Im allways on an upgrade cycle so a new graph card will last me a while, while everything around it probably wont, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pro ATI but the 9800Pro is getting on, whereas the other card seems to beat it in every possible way, so i'd get that as long as you can afford it. I have a 9800XT 256mb, it rocks and is better than the 'Pro but it's been out for a while now.

Best answers
Yeah, that's quite the scam right there.

If you can afford it, definatly go with the 6800GT, it blows away the 9800 Pro. But if you are looking to go cheaper, then go with the 98.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Smith, thats an amazing card there, but to get that in the uk would cost me a hell of a lot more (that sites price works out at about £210, in the uk its £310 at least...) so unless i can find somewhere that ships internationally cheaply (contradiction in terms) looks like ill have to go for the fake one...

*update* just spotted in a review that riva tuner clocks it at the full 16 pipe lines, so im gonna go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom