Update

T0t

Best answers
I just downloaded ESF and I already have Halflife and Steam. I cant seem to find the update neccesary though. I downloaded something called "HLUpdate" which looks for servers that have the update and then tries to download from there. But it never works for me. The download always cancels out. I currently have version 1.1.0.6 and it says I need 1.1..0.8. Can anyone point me out in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

T0t

Best answers
Thanks alot man. I appreciate it. Oh and it says I need to sign up. Is it free? Or is there a site with direct download, were I dont have to sign up?

EDIT: NVM I'm downloading from Aus Gamers now. Thanks alot for helping me out Hwoarang.

T0t

Best answers
Ok Now I need even more help ='(. I downloaded Steam and everything and installed, made an account,etc. When I run Steam I cant locate ESF. I dont know whats up. Can anyone please help.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You need to download esf and put it C:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life <-- that folder and it will be under 3rd party mods.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When u installed steam, did you install Half-Life into it?

T0t

Best answers
Yeah. But I didnt know how to reach ESF. W.E I unninstalled everything. I'll just make a clean install. I've installed Half-Life and the update for half-life. At the moment I'm installing Steam. Where do I put Steam in? In the folder where HalfLife is? (C: Sierra>Halflife ? Also were do I install ESF to?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam should have it's own folder, so just install it into 'Program Files' I guess.

T0t

Best answers
Ah ok. Yeah, it has its own folder. When I install ESF were do I install it to? Steam folder of Halflife folder?

T0t

Best answers
;D. K I finally figured it out. I did the steps all wrong. ;D now I see what you mean about putting it int he Steam folder and whatnot. Only problem now is that I get that Client.DLL error. I already have Halflife updated with the newest patch. I have esf version 1.2(Not 1.2.1 or w.e) and I'm pretty sure my steam is updated. I think the error is the mp3 player since I cant listen to any mp3s while playing a lan game by myself. Any suggestions?

hmz

Best answers
u need to update it to 1.2.1?

I had the same prob as u, meh brother DL'd the wrong ESF (older version)

So i downloaded 1.2.1 FULL???

and it works

T0t

Best answers
It works now. I updated the 1.2.1 patch. I still cant listen to mp3s though :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tried putting cl_mp3player 1 in the console?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom