What difficulty do you play games at?

What difficulty do you play games at?

• Easy - nothing like an easy ride!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Normal/Medium - I'm just your average joe!

• Hard - I play it like I actually want to die!

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If given the choice between easy, medium and hard (keeping it simple :)) what would you pick?

I'd choose hard - I like a challenge! Plus it helps me to improve at the game and reduces the chance i'd find it too easy and walk through it like i've done in the past.

For instance, i'm playing Halo2 on Heroic - even though it is my first time on a console fps and I really struggled with the controls - still enjoying it though! (note - this is not a thread purely about halo2!)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I picked easy (not cause I suck at games -_-) Mainly because I like to work my way through the difficulty. Some games are tough at first and it helps to go through it once on an easy difficulty. Next time round I rack up the difficulty though.

Best answers
Yeah, I either pick easy or medium because I like to work my way through them aswell. Makes the game last longer that way.

Best answers
Hard mode, then if there's an extra mode after that I play it. I play the other modes to find secrets and practice. Better to get pissed first then after I beat the game :D

Best answers
I usualy 1 play on esey becous i just want to enjoy the game and not to try to survive for life....

Then usualy medium and then hard.... and then i usualy keep at hard...

🍂 Regular
Best answers
For me it depends on the genre, I usually play FPS and Adventure games on the Medium Difficulty, but I play Fighting games and RPGs on the Hard Difficulty. But I always play Easy first for like 30 minutes, untill I know the game, kind of a training difficulty for me :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
most of the times i choose normal, but sometimes i chose easy and use some cheats to think of weird ways to kill a enemy =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i remember the first time i played metal gear solid, and thought it was just another shootemup, i started on hard....man was i wrong >_<

so i played through all the way to extreme, which sucked ass hard to complete!

Best answers
I really couldnt vote, except i voted medium. I always play thorugh the first time on easy, and then I play thorugh on medium and then hard. If you start out on hard youll probly not like the game because its too hard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before I got doom 3 I read that easy and medium was way too easy, so I went on veteran from the beginning. Was getting my ass beaten hard in the middle and was too far to start over, so had to use cheats, heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Normal because it's what the developers (who MADE the game) consider to be the most balanced. Easy tips the scales in your favour, and Hard is too tricky (for me) to be a starting level. It's like being born and going straight to work, skipping school.

But if there's something to unlock on every level it'll go Easy-Medium-Hard-And Beyond for the sake of the golden 100%. And Silent Hill because you get bullet multipliers per completion and the difficulty increases each time automatically anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i play on normal, because i like to play through a game and enjoy it rather than stress over why i cant do something because of one pos thing

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like to start off on hard, and try to beat it. Usually with time i beat it. Then I like to go to easy, and see how easy it really is. It's like goku killing buu, then going to fight frieza =P

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer normal/medium difficulty first. I like my games to last a while, so i start off with the default setting and then challenge myself with a higher difficulty setting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooh we have a good mix of opinions here - good stuff! :)

The reason I play hard (i mostly play fps and rts games) is that I consider myself good at those, and anything less than hard usually isn't a challenge - I normally walk through normal with no problems :eek:

Best answers
i usely play games at ultra hard or legendary, harder then hard :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually start on medium/normal these days, then when I've finished it go to hard. I never start games on easy anymore.... o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason I play hard (i mostly play fps and rts games) is that I consider myself good at those, and anything less than hard usually isn't a challenge
I think for those sorts of games its better to jump into the deep end, because on the second playthrough you know what's going to happen, what to do, where to go, where the enemy are e.t.c, if you play on Easy and then play through Medium then Hard, it won't seem so tough because it'll be predictable. My first playthrough of SH2 took 8 hours on Beginner, I can now do it in under 2 hours on Extra Hard.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll put it this way...

I play it on the difficulty that I'd rather. For instance, if I think a game is going to rock, then I don't want a free ride. Then I put it up to Hard (I did this with Half-Life my first time through, I really wanted to get the most out of it, so I put it on hard, and went through the game without any guides, etc).

Now, for games I think will be good, but am not deeply interested in, it is usually normal. Like I beat the Medal of honor games on normal.

If it is a game like Spider-Man 1 or 2, and I just want to say I beat it, I go with easy, cause even though Spider-Man 1 and 2 are pretty damn easy, I am just interested in getting it over with.

I didn't select an option. I'll pick hard though, as I usually only play games that thrill me, and I feel will rock. Like Metal Gear Solid games, which are always better on Hard/Extreme with no radar!

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Usely I play at medium ;x

And if you want a game which is hard to play try KKND (Kill, Krush 'n' Destroy hardest game I ever played(single player))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom