Hello

Best answers
what up im a old bid for power veterian im going to like it here i finally downloaded esf like in 30 mins ok i got it i want to know how did bfp get sued and not u

Best answers
I'm not sure why BFP was sued and not ESF. I was there when BFP first started up and watched as they were in law suite from stupid FUNi. Geez those people suck. It was a mighty disapointment when they did that. Altho when I go on Ebay I do find people selling BFP useing the DBZ characters so I'm not sure. Sad really, and upsetting. I'm only gald that FUNi hasn't come here yet. Those Bastards!

Best answers
yeah i hopw they dont come here your the only surviors the sole survivor stay alive bfp was so fun and cool

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it is because the ESF team won the right to make this game from Funi. Bid for Power just made the game and released it with out asking anyone. I think that is why bfp got sued and ESF is still going.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Call me a conspiracy theorist or what not... but I honestly don't believe that BFP was ever sued.

Funimation would have better things to do, like dubbing the entire Japanese culture.

Best answers
it was sued because they took off dbz charatcers and put generic ugly characters to play with

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think they were sued, they were just sick of the whole dbz thing...just look at it...NOBODY has been sued before for creating a fan based mod...countless dbz mods on quake, half life, unreal tournament...and only bfp was sued...and funimation wouldnt even think of sueing a mod that was based on dbz...they would only be dumb then since if ppl start playing a dbz mod and never saw dbz before, they might go watch dbz which means...more *kaching* for funimation

nah never liked much of bfp anyway, beams that went straight and all...only one thing i liked and that was being able to fly upside down ;)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's clearly a question that could only be replied to with an opinionated response, so the answer is obviously up to you, honestly.

Welcome to the forum though, I hope to see you in the daily mix.

Best answers
Hwoarang said:
Call me a conspiracy theorist or what not... but I honestly don't believe that BFP was ever sued.

Funimation would have better things to do, like dubbing the entire Japanese culture.

They were in a law suite even though it was fan based. In other words it never really went to court. They tried to settel it first with out it. FUNi told them they could keep it DBZ but in turn they would have to make Java games for them. So they refused cause Java would just be more trouble then what it was worth. Hence they changed the models and characters to the way they are now. If you don't believe me I'm sure you could go to their Forums and ask. But I swear to you thats the way it went down. :p

/edit sorry my correction. it was a cease and desist order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom