Half-Life 2? Half-Life 2!

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So now that the game is finally out and on your PC's, what do you guys think of HL2? First opinion after immediately playing the game? Lived upto your expectations?

I'm going to wait till tomorrow to pick it up at the store, so let's see how I like it then.

Best answers
ARG! The excitement is too much! I need to wait till after school and work though ;(

I'm buying the Collector's addition of HL2, but i also need to get a dvd rom since the game is on a DVD like other recent collector version of games.

I'm not gonna be able to concentrate on my work from all this...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recommend that we sticky this thread...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, it won't need to be stuck, it'll stay afloat with all of the posts, I'm sure.

As for HL2...well, the stores are just opening now here, so I don't quite have it yet. I can see myself waiting until tomorrow to get it, as well, depending on a few factors. But, heh, you never know, I may just get it this evening ^_^ I will edit when I install the game, so be on the lookout for my uber-comprehensive review =P

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can't wait to see your reviews since there's no way I'll ever get to play it ;P

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Picked it up at 09:00 and i've been playing it since, if there's a shadow of doubt, buy it anyway and you'll see the light. It rules.

By the way I made 'The Inevitable Half-Life 2 Thread' yesterday for the same purpose.

Best answers
Right now I 1000000000% agree with the PCGAMER score of 98%!!!! IT'S THAT DANM GOOD!!! *faints*

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
So it's tied their score for Alpha Centauri? Must be pretty good, I'll pick it up later today.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_> Sorry grOOvy but we only need one thread per game... I'm not going to close this but ask that you do. If you feel there are any reasons for both Half Life threads to be open, then contact me PM >_> Don't want to undercut you.

Best answers
grOOvy said:
So now that the game is finally out and on your PC's, what do you guys think of HL2? First opinion after immediately playing the game? Lived upto your expectations?

I'm going to wait till tomorrow to pick it up at the store, so let's see how I like it then.
Dude!
I only got to play like 2 minutes of it this morning because I had to go to school.
All I did is got off the train and threw a plastic bottle at the first soldier there that is checking the people...
Lol...
I cant wait to get home and play it!

Best answers
i have not got it yet but ill get it today if its in store

Best answers
*sigh* my steam loader thing is being stupidly slow for some reason it doesn't seem to want to go above 82%

Best answers
Awesome game, but he ending sucked, over all its pretty much game of the year.

Best game ive played this year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So far from what I've palyed it's amazing. Coupled with CS:S it makes the 56 dollar package a must-have. I give it a solid 10/10, and like it says on the back of the box "best game ever made."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg! Stop taunting me! I sooooo wish I could play it, too bad my comp blows ass. If only christmas was in november. *sigh*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so why is this another topic?

what was wrong with the other hl2 topic that was already there?

Best answers
HL2 owns out your pants, plain and simple.

Let me just say that shooting the bad guys is fun in and of itself, sort of like in Doom or Painkiller, but it's got an interesting story and immersive world, so it ends up beating them out.

Final verdict - By reading this post, you've wasted at least 5 seconds of good HL2 time, stop procrastinating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom