First timer challenging....someone...preferable someone new.

Best answers
I accept your challenge. This post marks my first fight, so your desire to fight a newbie has been fulfilled.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool, now all we need is a ref right? o_o

Best answers
Correct.

Being that I find trash-talking to be a waste of time, I will consider this to suffice. (I'll work on posting my bio while we wait for a referee...)

Good luck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sure hope your fighting skills are better then your trashtalking skills.

(I'm usually a nice guy, sue me. >_>)

Good luck to you too.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I shall ref this match. Your battlegrounds today gentlemen are is an innercity basketball court complete with rubble and streetwise kids.

Fight on dudes!

Best answers
Ok the bio is all set. Thanks for reffing, Deman. Your post, X.

(Oh and X, do me a favor and clean out your Private Message Inbox and Sent Items. You can't receive any messages because it's full.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
( Done and just call me Chaos....;) )

Alright here goes nothing *crosses fingers*

"It's cold tonight."

Chaos thought by himself as he stood in an alley watching the local kids play basketball. Everywhere he looked, nothing but rubble and old newspapers. The kids made the evening a little livelier, their friendly taunts breaking the silence that otherwise haunted the court.

"I wonder what will happen tonight."

Chaos looked up and admired the stars, for they had a freedom like none he could dream of. He sighed deep, when suddenly a cold shiver shot down his spine. He turned towards the basketball court, where he noticed all the wisecracking children being completely silent. For a moment there, he caught a glimpse of a taller man, an adult, on the far end of the court. The man was dressed in a peculiar outfit, a green gi which contrasted with the moonlight and the grey court. The man raised his face and looked straight at Chaos, not saying a word. Then, he raised his arm and pointed towards the next alley. All of the kids were terrified and ran, leaving just Chaos and the unknown man on the court. Now the only sound that could be heard was the kids' basketball, bouncing, gradually bouncing lower and lower until it stopped and rolled against the wall. Chaos stepped out of the alley. The first thing he did was size up this man.

"Weird outfit" ,Chaos said "You a boyscout?"

"Very funny" , the man replied, "I am Vaelaar, and I have come to test your skills."

"Is that so? Well then, I don't want to keep you waiting."

Chaos ran towards Vaelaar, drawing back his arm to power the upcoming punch.

*SHWOOSH*

The air seemed to tear a little as Chaos threw his punch. As he looked up, he saw that hit nothing but bricks and concrete. He pulled back his arm and the wall crumbled a bit more.

"You will have to do better then that."

Chaos turned and saw Vaelaar behind him, laughing silently at Chaos' first attempt to hit him. Vaelaar stopped smiling and reached for one of the two scimitars on his back, which Chaos only just noticed.

"Damnit...if I get hit by one of those, I'm done for. And my dagger is not nearly powerful enough to stop a sword. I guess I just have to be faster then him, if I want a chance at winning this."

Before Vaelaar's eyes, Chaos seemed to disappear into thin air, only to re-appear to Vaelaar's right a fraction of a second later. Chaos threw a kick toward his opponent's knee in an attempt to reduce his mobility. Vaelaar raised his leg and blocked the incoming attack with the bottom of his foot, nullifying Chaos' attack. In response, Chaos used his speed to jump onto a brick wall, connecting two buildings, like a fence. He went into a squatting pose and spoke.

"So....it seems you are pretty fast. But I haven't shown you the last of my tricks yet either."

Chaos jumped off the wall, disappearing in midair, and re-appearing approximately 20 ft before Vaelaar. He seemingly leapt towards Vaelaar, unsheathing his dagger in mid-air. The next moment, the two men are standing in front of each other, no further then a foot from each other, as Vaelaar let out a grunt.

"Ugh..."

In his right shoulder was Chaos' dagger, stabbed all the way in towards the hilt. Vaelaar used his left arm to pull out the dagger and threw it to the side of the basketball court.

"AAAARRGH!"

"Not bad, it seems you *are* a bit more then talk"

Chaos jumped backwards, in an attempt to clear some distance between him and his opponent, but as he jumped up, Vaelaar used his injured right arm to grab Chaos by the ankle, and swung him around as if he weighed nothing. Then as Vaelaar built up speed, he released Chaos. Chaos flew through the air and didn't come to a stop until he was thrown through three walls.

"Ow, damnit., he moaned, "That guy packs a punch..."

Chaos got up from the rubble that was left behind by the three now destroyed walls, and pulled himself together as he stumbled back towards the court. There he saw Vaelaar, who was breathing heavily.

"The combination of my attack and his counterattack seemed to wore him down a bit....but that goes for me too."

Chaos took a look at his right leg, his pants were torn and blood came seeping through. In an attempt to cover up his pain, Chaos wiped the blood off with his already bandaged right arm.

"What if I....yes....I have to try..."

Chaos threw himself at Vaelaar, whose left arm smoothly unsheathed one of the scimitars on his back. As Chaos drew closed, Vaelaar pulled back his arm.

"I don't think I have enough strength to pull off the entire attack...but I can at least hit him...."

Vaelaar swung his sword as Chaos came into striking distance. Then, Chaos disappeared and for a moment there, the silence in the alley returned.

*SWOOSH*

As Vaelaar's strike missed, Chaos re-appeared, squatting right before Vaelaar. He jumped up and pulled off his Force Strike attack......or at least to the fullest of it's strength in Chaos' current state.

The uppercut hit Vaelaar in the jaw, making a very distinctive *KRRG* sound. Vaelaar stumbled backwards and grabbed his jaw. Chaos sat down, breathing as if he had just smoked a whole pack of cigarrettes in 10 minutes. The deep huffs and puffs were only overshadowed by the loud scream of Vaelaar, as he brutally put his jaw back in it's original position.

"This is not over...." , Chaos thought, ".....far from over..."

Best answers
*A cold wind whipped through the alleyways surrounding the ruinous basketball court. A few self-righteous punks played some streetball and talked trash to one another, their words echoing around the enclosed courtyard. "Ahh, there he is... about time," thought Vae as his gaze settled on Chaos who leaned against a building and watched the game. A quick glance sized up the man who seemed to be average in build, but Vaelaar had learned long ago not to judge a book by its cover. Smiling slightly to himself, he walked out of the shadows in which he had been standing and made his way towards Chaos.*

"Hey... weirdo, you're on the court! Go look for money somewhere else, you bum!"

*Vaelaar's pace slowed to a halt, his crimson gaze raking from Chaos to the unfortunate who had called him out. Apparently the look of pure malevolence and disgust on his face shocked all of the morons into silence. Raising his left arm, he motioned towards one of the many alleys that emptied into the courtyard.*

"Get out."

*Suffice to say, he didn't have to ask them twice. The kids were gone within a few seconds, some of them tossing back a few insults to make themselves feel better as they fled with their lives. The one who had initially spoken had dropped the ball which now slowly bounced before coming to rest and rolling out of view and attention. Returning his attention to Chaos, who had seemed to notice him by now, Vaelaar closed the distance between them by a few more feet.*

"Weird outfit... you a boyscout or something?"

*Vaelaar hardly noticed the man speak at all, his eyes had already begun to mist a sickening crimson color.*

"My name is Vaelaar. Why I am here is of little importance to you... however, the fact that I plan on testing your skills should matter a bit."

*"Is that so? Well, I don't want to keep you waiting!" yelled Chaos and sprinted towards Vaelaar while drawing back his arm for a powerful straight punch. However, by moving his arm back so early, the move was too easy to detect and the attack struck only air, causing Chaos to stumble to a halt. Vaelaar had quickly sidestepped the attack and turned to face Chaos, who had continued on a little bit due to momentum.*

"You'll have to do a bit better than that, young one..."

*Reaching backwards, Vaelaar grasped the pommel of one of his scimitars and slid it easily from its ivory scabbard. He noticed a slight hint of fear in Chaos's features as the sword was drawn but he didn't have much time to savor it because the next moment Chaos was at his side, leg already arcing towards Vaelaar's knee. By raising that leg, Vaelaar was able to block the attack with the bottom of his foot, causing Chaos to leap up and away. "Damn, he's fast... if he can propel himself that far by using the force fom my block." Chaos was now doing a split in between two buildings that formed the mouth of one of the alleys.*

"So....it seems you are pretty fast. But I haven't shown you the last of my tricks yet either."

*"What the heck is he talki..." Vaelaar didn't have time to finish thinking before a searing pain shot through his shoulder. Chaos had blinked foward and plunged a dagger into him all the way up to its hilt. Howling with rage, Vae ripped the dagger from his shoulder and flung it away. Chaos was no fool though, and had let go of the dagger so that he could dodge back out of range of Vaelaar's scimitar. He was recovering from the burst of speed though, and wasn't fast enough in his retreat. Fighting through the pain, Vae reached up and took hold of Chaos's leg with a vise-like grip. Turning his body immediately, he used his inertia to swing Chaos faster and faster before releasing him in the direction of the nearest wall. Three sickening crunches marked three broken walls, a fact which brought a twisted smile to Vaelaar's lips. Chaos was on his feet again after a while, as Vaelaar knew he'd be, but there was blood leaking through his leg where Vae's fingers had surface-fractured bone and broken skin so that he could hold Chaos while spinning with him.*

*The next second, Chaos was on the attack again. "I'll end this NOW!" though Vae, swinging his sword down hard and slicing clean through... nothing. He didn't quite have time to see what happened next, but he certainly felt it. His neck snapped upwards with such a force that he bit almost clean through the tip of his tongue. Blood oozed from his lips as he stumbled backwards and let out a horrific scream, his face a mask of pain. After a little while, the pain was replaced by a blinding rage. Reaching up with both hands, Vaelaar firmly grasped his jaw and forced it back into place. Several pops and crunches were heard as the bones fell back into place, but the pain remained. "Calm down Vae... you were hit because you were reckless; don't let the pain make you even worse." He relaxed his grip on his sword and dropped into a defensive position, causing himself to become increasingly aware of any twich which might give insight to Chaos's next move...*

(Edit: Umm, yeah. Apparently we're both supposed to write our own -different- versions of the events that took place in our first posts, but I didn't understand that from what I read. You'll just have to compare styles and detail since my post is a paraphrase... won't happen again.)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was interesting to judge considering Vaelaar's slight screw up.

First round goes to Chaos, his introduction was more intricate, and while he did lose a little glamour in the follow through, it was enough to beat Vaelaar.

ROUND TWO, gentlemen.

Best answers
(You win the first round, Chaos, I suppose we'll have to use your events! :] Since you haven't posted yet, and it doesn't really matter who goes first, I'm going to go ahead.)

Silence pervaded the ruined basketball court as Vaelaar and Chaos stared one another down, each mentally daring the other to make the next move. A chilling wind seemed to constantly plague the courtyard, causing old newspapers and shreds of lighter trash to dance about. The setting was all too reminiscent of a snow-globe as the statuesque figures stood motionless amidst a sea of swirling debris. Chaos stood a bit off of the court, crouched low in case he had to make any sudden directional changes. His right leg was bleeding still, though not as much, as the blood quickly coagulated in the freezing night air. Periodical puffs of fog emanated from his mouth as he sucked in large gulps of air and exhaled them in an effort to return oxygen to his body. He was tired, that much was obvious but Vaelaar was in the same, if not a worse, state. Blood oozed freely from the deep wound in his right shoulder. The initial thrust from Chaos’s dagger was hardly damaging, but in his rage, Vaelaar had torn the blade from his body and allowed the serrated portions of the weapon to remove large chunks of his flesh. Blood was also visible running down his chin from where it had welled up in the corners of his mouth. Vaelaar knew the limits to which one would go in a fight of this magnitude and, although both fighters seemed fatigued beyond belief, he knew that there was a lot left in both of them.

Breaking the almost tangible tension, Vaelaar straightened and addressed his foe. “That was quite an attack you pulled off just now, young one,” he croaked as he attempted to speak around his searing jaw. “I’ll have you know that I won’t let it happen again. My actions from this time forward will be less… irrational.

“Is that so?” replied Chaos, arching a brow in a mildly disdainful manner. “Looks like you didn’t have much of a choice in that situation. I’d be willing to say that there’s not much you can do against an attack of that speed.”

Vaelaar grinned noticeably, revealing teeth which were now stained crimson by the overabundance of blood in his mouth. A chunk of rotted brick slipped free from high on one of the walls surrounding the courtyard and disintegrated on the pavement below with a rattle. As if on cue, Chaos vanished and Vaelaar found himself staring wide-eyed at a building while Chaos’s heel slammed into his spine. Once again completely off guard, Vae was sent sprawling forward into the air, managing at the last moment to perform a clumsy roll which nonetheless brought him to his feet. “This guy’s not going to give me a moment’s peace! I guess it has to be now,” he mused as he turned to face Chaos. Grinning like a madman, he reached up and tore his other blade loose from its scabbard. His silvery hair whipped about in the wind, mostly obscuring his face but every now and then allowing glimpses at eyes of a sickening crimson hue. His voice started low but grating, finally reaching a crescendo at which he screamed the word that would finalize the technique.

“Bladedance!”

His pulse immediately quickened and his muscles tensed in preparation of a great deal of bodily stress. “I won’t give you time to complete your technique!” howled Chaos as he charged at Vae with blinding speed. Unfortunately for him, it was too late. Vaelaar found himself watching as Chaos jogged towards him at a speed no greater than something one of the basketball playing morons could have produced. Grinning eagerly he began the Dance, swinging his arms about him and letting his body follow through. It was too late, by this time, for Chaos to stop himself. Fear crept into his features as he attempted to leap over the whirling dervish. Vaelaar didn’t have time to turn and strike with the blade of his scimitar but caught Chaos full in the cheekbone with the bottom of the pommel. The force produced by the coupling of both incredible speeds brought Vae completely to a halt while Chaos rocketed backwards through the air, spinning just as fast as Vaelaar had been before the impact. Deciding against letting his advantage slip, Vaelaar tore after Chaos, leaving a furrow of broken asphalt in his wake. Easily overtaking the still-falling and dizzy Chaos, Vaelaar spun backwards. While doing so, he brought up his right leg and straightened it accordingly, performing a roundhouse type kick to the side of Chaos’s face. The kick came in counter-clockwise, however, while Chaos was spinning clockwise and therefore again doubled the impact force. Vaelaar watched, pleased, as Chaos crumpled to the ground clutching the side of his face where both hits had landed. Blood oozed from several wounds and his cheekbone appeared to have been fractured. Vaelaar was far too gone in his Bladedance technique to speak, but watched with genuine admiration as Chaos shakily raised himself to his feet and dropped back into his previous stance.

“Not bad…”

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey if you don't mind, can I write my round somewhere in the next 2 or 3 days? Something important came up and I might not get the time I need to write my follow-up. Sorry. o_o

Best answers
*coughs.* I suppose so... but try to do it sooner than later. One of the appealing factors to this fight club for me was the time limit that Cucumba imposed. Since this is the only fight I'm in, I don't really have anything to tide me over while I wait for you to write. Take your time, but keep in mind that I'm waiting. :]

Best answers
Hmm, it's no longer somewhere IN the next 2 or 3 days. It's borderline end of the third day. I have nothing against people not being able to post because of extenuating circumstances, but there's a point at which it just gets a little old. Shouldn't there be a place to draw the line? Otherwise, people could be taking weeks to perfectly craft a post and win every round.

*continues to wait.*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm posting from a school computer now, I'm sorry dude but I won't be able to finish the fight anytime soon. My monitor blew up (literally) and I don't have the money to just go out and buy a new one. I'll have to rely on school computers and I can't spend as much time on them as I would like to.

So I'm sorry, but unless you accept waiting for a bit more, I'll have to forfit. Though I'd appreciate it if you would. It's your call.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but deman due to personal affairs won't be around to ref this match, so you'd be better of searching for a new ref!

Best answers
This is an interesting situation, X. Tell you what... you can have all the time from now until a new referee decides to step in, at which point I'll probably leave it up to his discretion.

I don't mind waiting, but I'd rather be moving on to another fight and having two running at the same time is something that I'd rather not do. Thusly I'll wait for a bit more, but if it gets unnecessary, I'll take this as a forfeit and ask the ref to conclude the match accordingly.

Thanks for the info, by the way, Prozac.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I declare the match Forfeit, you make 10% of X's xp as your own (X doesn't actually loose any)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah sorry guys...I actually blew up a second monitor.....and I have no idea what caused it. Luckily a family member helped out and gave me a spare monitor, thank god. I'm sorry I couldn't finish the fight Vaelaar, maybe I'll challenge you again in the near future. :yes:

Sorry again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom