vampire masq, system help lol.

Best answers
Just got vampire masq bloodlines, i read the system specs and it runs to a point then my video card flips out.

So ill tell you my specs and u tell me what needs upgrading and to what, i have the money for it so don't be hessitant lol.

1.7mhz amd athlon 2100+
geforce 4 ti 4200<--- ya i know lol
1028 DDR ram
29.7 gb harddrive space
I am not sure about sound card, but it will be updated soon.

These are the only factors i can see that will mess with the game play, so have at you!

🍂 Regular
Best answers
1.7mhz amd athlon 2100+ - Upgrade this to atleast 2.5 (Preferably 3.0 or higher)
geforce 4 ti 4200<--- ya i know lol (Get the best card you can get)
1028 DDR ram (Get another 512 MBRAM)
29.7 gb harddrive space (Well just have the space for a full install)
I am not sure about sound card, but it will be updated soon. (Own choice, I don't care much about sound, since I always use head phones)

I know you need high specs, but even with those specs you would probably still have problems :/

The game requires more of your computer then HL2 or Doom 3, how come? I don't know...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im almost positive 1.5 gigs of ram isn't necessary to play that game....

Best answers
The funny thing is i ran it flawlessly in medium but it still crashed on me so its prolly the mhz and vid card, ill upgrade to 2.4 2.5 and the vid card to a radeon 9800 or something dunno.

Might just go for a big up 3.4 mhz geforce 6800 etc etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
The funny thing is i ran it flawlessly in medium but it still crashed on me so its prolly the mhz and vid card, ill upgrade to 2.4 2.5 and the vid card to a radeon 9800 or something dunno.

Might just go for a big up 3.4 mhz geforce 6800 etc etc.
This is a common bug in the game. It happens to Geforce cards all the time. It just means you need to update or drivers. If that doesn't work, switch to Radeon (I had to switch, and now it runs fine).

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
DPredator said:
1.7mhz amd athlon 2100+ - Upgrade this to atleast 2.5 (Preferably 3.0 or higher)
geforce 4 ti 4200<--- ya i know lol (Get the best card you can get)
1028 DDR ram (Get another 512 MBRAM)
29.7 gb harddrive space (Well just have the space for a full install)
I am not sure about sound card, but it will be updated soon. (Own choice, I don't care much about sound, since I always use head phones)

I know you need high specs, but even with those specs you would probably still have problems :/

The game requires more of your computer then HL2 or Doom 3, how come? I don't know...
1530 DDR ram in total?

Are you mad? Thats really not needed.

You just need to update your drivers, because my computer and my bro's can run Bloodlines with ease and we got about the same specs.(My system, AMD XP 2000+, 512 DDR ram and Geforce 4 TI 4800 SE)

Best answers
Might just be that my system mis riddled with viruses lol.

My comp is being purged of viruses soon.

Being upped to a 2.4 or 2.7 mhz.
ATI radeon 9800 all in wonder 128
80gig

And the viruses will be purged it will be a hefty up but it will be worth it i think lol.

Best answers
I bought Bloodlines the other day and it was like a slug on my PC :(
It runs other new games just fine, but the main hub in bloodlines, and anywhere where there is rain and my fps drops to unplayable levels. I'm hoping for a patch that'll sort out some of the performance problems, but until then it's going to stay uninstalled. It's a shame too, as what I did play I enjoyed.

Best answers
The rain is a constant problem all else runs good, the one thing i hate is the constant crash problems, patch needed badly lol.

It is rather annoying with the darkness tho, when i went into the

""Spoiler""

Ghost infested house, and followed a screaming lady apparition, the door slammed behind me and the ghost started throwing items at me, the door was jammed and i saw no way out.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The house wasnt that dark. After you turn the lights on from the basement, things get a lot easier (although the constant apparitions and moans as well as the flying objects can be eerie).

The game runs ok for me. As stated before, rain is a big problem. I can still play in it though. Its not unbearable.

My specs:
2.6 ghz
512mb ddr ram
GeForce FX 5200

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bloodlines needs 1 gig of memory to run. I have it and when I play it and alt+tab out and ctrl+alt+del it is using 1+ gigs of memory. This game is a real computer killer, good thing is that it uses your hard drives virtual memory to make up for what is missing even tho it still wont run as well if you have over a gig of physical memory.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
The house wasnt that dark. After you turn the lights on from the basement, things get a lot easier (although the constant apparitions and moans as well as the flying objects can be eerie).

The game runs ok for me. As stated before, rain is a big problem. I can still play in it though. Its not unbearable.

My specs:
2.6 ghz
512mb ddr ram
GeForce FX 5200

I would turn on the lights, but the ghost disabled the switch the jerk, lol.

I think it all depends on ur clan, in my case i think i am uh god i forgot lol, it was a mind vampire not tremere tho.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont remember the name of my clan, but my guy has red hair and a nice looking shirt (default features). I forgot missions played out differently for other clans lol.

Best answers
Every light i pass the ghost makes explode, then he throws vases and pictures at me ug, thank god for vampire natural regen lol.

The room i got stuck in has 2 crates in it and some freaky music.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ok, its not only the fault of your computer. i was browsing some bloodlines fan boards the other day and i came across this since i have the same problem.
http://www.blep.net/hl2stutter/
its about hl2 but its exactly the same with bloodlines since it the source engine, too.
it appears in bloodlines more often though .. as far as i know. :(

guess its patch time .. /me pokes Troikia (sp?)

Best answers
The actual frame rate has been more of a problem for me with the game. Mainly in the rain as stated above. Does anyone know a console command or something to disable rain?

Best answers
Figured out how to make it run faster, seems GEforce 4 cards have lots of issues in the game, so i turned bumpmapping off, i no longer crash or slow down.

The game still looks pretty good to, not awesome as it did, but id rather play it then crash everytime i load into a place or save lol.

Somone make a wallpaper out of this pic for me plz? =).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom