Something about Buu...

Best answers
I know this thread will be flooded with people saying "Actually ESF is blalanced for these reasons :" , but I'm kinda at a loss why Buu's got such a useless power gain on his transformation , this goes for Cell aswell , except to make up for it Cell has a very wide rage of attacks! and in my opinon (witch is why this thread is here , my Opionion , not the facts , just a opionoin) ((GOD I CAN'T SPELL)) I don't think buu's speed and health makes up for the fact he gains power level at the slowest rate in the game. Especially as health is rather useless when there is a respawn function (and i know your power drops when you die , but sometimes it goes up , and when you've fallen behind like i generally do with buu ((As explaned in this post)) dieing really isn't all that bad as it helps me catch up)

The sayains and Krillen haveing a multiplyer of 2 yet good attacks and the abilty to de transform . Trunks being the exception but his burning attack has a rather useful side effect.

Frieza and Piccolo have the abilty to de transform , so say you wanted to transform to keep up with someone elses power , you could then de transform afterwoods to gain more power when fighting with somone else (as you gain more power when de transformed) yet Buu and cell cannot do this...
so while the Sayains rush ahead on power I'm left trailing behind struggleing to beat back generic beam attacks for the fear if i transform I'll be over taken again on power.

You may also make the point Buu has a larger starting power, wonderful! that means for the first 5 min of the game people are gaining way more power off me than i gain off them , Aiding the fact that there eventually going to overtake me , not just by makeing them stronger faster , but by makeing me stronnger slower -.-

All in all , for Buu , who is MENT to be the strongest Villen in DBZ , I find myself beeing overtaken quite fast by a super sayain ...
witch when you only have 1 strong beam attack , and a candy beam with jack sh1t range , I find myself at a loss

And also , just because I can outrun my opponent with buu , due to the fact that I have a lower power level to them , they will eventually outrun me by outlasting me.

So really unless there is some way of gaining power really fast! (without useing candy beam as in most games people don't say " hey! i'll stand still here for about 20 seconds (witch is a eterinaty in battle) so you can make me a donut!" I really think buu is , even if only slightly , Unbalanced

Maby what I'm trying to say is , for 1.3 maby a good idea would be to ... say un generalise the power multiplyers ... like makeing buu's power go up by 1.7 or something ... Heck i don't know I only made this point because i was told to , but anyway , Thats a hell of alot to read so i'll just click post now

*Clicks*

Best answers
coming from a former buu user...buu still hasn't the advantage over most of those characters. With his insane increase in speed and life, the other effects of PL seem much lower.

It is a game of balance. You are not going to be stronger than them 100% of the time. They will take the advantage and now you are in their shoes where you have to gain more pl from them than them from you.

as for the starting of the game. Candy attack is the way to go. They are weaker, this is where you take your advantage. If you cannot well then my friend you have been outmatched by an opponent and you should train more.

Best answers
It all comes down to skill really since to gain power the most effective way is melee so...If you want a tactic that i've seen alot of Buu users use is throw them to the ground and candy attack.

Best answers
Yes , but the big problem with candy attack is that it so easy to dodge , and all the players I play with don't fall for being thrown at the floor (Holding Space and a directional button jumps you out the way) , plus as I said speed gets outmached bu endureance

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throw them into the ground at an angle and they won't be able to jump up. And I honestly don't see why you're complaining about buu, hes actually overpowered, not underpowered

Best answers
Hybrid said:
Throw them into the ground at an angle and they won't be able to jump up. And I honestly don't see why you're complaining about buu, hes actually overpowered, not underpowered
You can really tell you read all my post and had something worth while to say...

...Not

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before you jump on his ass maybe you should read all of his post as well. He is right, you can't recover as quickly if you are thrown down at an angle. You don't crater into the ground, therefore you cannot jump up immidietly.

As for "strong characters", characters have nothing to do with it. It is the player behind the character. If you aren't as good as someone that's too bad.

Now just to correct a few things you've been misinformed about :

MajinDruu said:
I don't think buu's speed and health makes up for the fact he gains power level at the slowest rate in the game. Especially as health is rather useless when there is a respawn function
What would you prefer in a transformation? Buu is the fastest character in the game, he has the most health out of all the characters, and he has two great abilities to increase his health and powerlevel.

MajinDruu said:
The sayains and Krillen haveing a multiplyer of 2 yet good attacks and the abilty to de transform . Trunks being the exception but his burning attack has a rather useful side effect.
Krillin cannot descend. Trunks does have an 2x multiplier.

MajinDruu said:
Frieza and Piccolo have the abilty to de transform , so say you wanted to transform to keep up with someone elses power , you could then de transform afterwoods to gain more power when fighting with somone else (as you gain more power when de transformed) yet Buu and cell cannot do this...
so while the Sayains rush ahead on power I'm left trailing behind struggleing to beat back generic beam attacks for the fear if i transform I'll be over taken again on power.
The only catch is, they have to be able to beat you while in a normal state. So in theory, you should be beating them down unless you are really that bad. If that is the case, instead of asking to make Buu overpowered, you should be trying to get better. I suggest using Goku. He's a nice even character to learn with.

MajinDruu said:
You may also make the point Buu has a larger starting power, wonderful! that means for the first 5 min of the game people are gaining way more power off me than i gain off them , Aiding the fact that there eventually going to overtake me , not just by makeing them stronger faster , but by makeing me stronnger slower -.-
It also means that you inflict more damage on them. Smack them around with simple melee for a few hits and then candy beam them after throwing them in some random direction. They don't have to hit a surface to get a few hits with candy beam off. If you do it right you'll get a nice jump in powerlevel.

MajinDruu said:
All in all , for Buu , who is MENT to be the strongest Villen in DBZ , I find myself beeing overtaken quite fast by a super sayain ...
witch when you only have 1 strong beam attack , and a candy beam with jack sh1t range , I find myself at a loss
One beam attack is enough. It's plenty powerfull. Candy beam with short range, well I suppose we should make it fire across the map with a one hit kill then? :rolleyes:

MajinDruu said:
And also , just because I can outrun my opponent with buu , due to the fact that I have a lower power level to them , they will eventually outrun me by outlasting me.
This is not a character fault. This is your fault. Any character can outrun any character if used correctly. Why are you running away anyway?

MajinDruu said:
So really unless there is some way of gaining power really fast! (without useing candy beam as in most games people don't say " hey! i'll stand still here for about 20 seconds (witch is a eterinaty in battle) so you can make me a donut!" I really think buu is , even if only slightly , Unbalanced
Again, candy beam works fine if you use it right. You need to shave off some HP before it will be effective. It takes a half second blast from candy beam to turn someone into candy if they have around 15 hp. If you are trying to candy someone with full HP, OF COURSE IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK!

MajinDruu said:
Maby what I'm trying to say is , for 1.3 maby a good idea would be to ... say un generalise the power multiplyers ... like makeing buu's power go up by 1.7 or something ... Heck i don't know I only made this point because i was told to , but anyway , Thats a hell of alot to read so i'll just click post now
All the transformations are being put into 1.3. Buu will have more than one I'm sure. If he got his speed and HP plus more PL than he is getting now it would be unbalanced.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow so just because you are unable to play as buu and have a stronger PL then other ppl you say the game is unbalanced?

If you put any experienced player as Buu they will come out on top and not die not that much or if even at all...

Because of his great speed and health, Buu is one of the strongest characters for all of the following reasons. First off, Buu starts with a higher pl then all the other characters, but you say this is aiding the other characters and not you. Why does it aid them? Is it because they are beating you to gain their pl? Yes. Also, powerlevel is gained pretty evenly among all the characters. Granted that if you have a lower pl and you beat someone with a higher pl, the lower pl will gain substantially more pl. Being that you have the higher pl, you should be able to beat them easily especially if its something like 600,000 to 1,250,000. (Krillin/Gohan vs Buu)
Furthermore, you claim that the candy beam is useless due to its range and what not. Buu is dependent upon the candy beam/bodypart, in the show as well as the game. When Buu ascends, his speed as well as his power make him a very powerfull threat. He is able to throw opponents into the air and then follow them up with the candy beam adding 1,000 PL, Full HP, or 40HP and some PL. Wow 1000PL... You can't even get that much pl in an even melee fight. But the problem is that you aren't able to candy them because you need them to be standing still... this just shows that you need more 'training' at this game to get somewhat better so that you are able to use the candy beam as players use ki balls after melee.
Lastly, Saiyans will always be stronger then any villian in the game. Why? Becuase thats how it is in the show. The fact that they can descend to gain more power is handy while also it takes time for them to transform... Now if you wanted to, you could just go right along and candy them. And Because I really dont want to write anymore ill let you take it over and give me feedback. (Also check the Best Scores thread and look at how many people are buu and look at their ratios and PL)

Best answers
Its clearly that Buu is overpowered I almost never play him anymore or just sometimes for fun and end up with 150-2 scores.

Saying is he not that strong means that youre a noob.

He is fast and has to much life, candy makes it just 10 times worse.
Also his high PL at the start makes players of same skill have a verry hard time with him.

Donut everyone till trans, if youre good and its a 16ppl DM this can be accomplished verry fast. When youre low on hp find a noob and cookie him.

Basicly youre immortal if you know how to play him well. BORING. :tired:

Best answers
buu could do with another beam attack because mouthblast isnt exactly the most powerfull in the game, he also needs rensoku because he does it againts ssj3 goku "Thats one of vegetas attacks!" *goku looks shocked*

otherwise buu is fine the way he is

Best answers
did you just say mouth blast isn't one of the strongest beams in the game........Please...oh please tell me that was sarcasm....if not, just stop posting

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mouth blast is pretty strong. Also rensoku is possibly the worst attack in the game. Don't spoil Buu by giving it to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom