Do you have the same problem with HL2?

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
ok i bought the original bronze version of hl2 in europe
now the first time it installed and updated with steam.. what happends now is this..

i press hl2
dvd starts to spinn
hd starts to load
dvd is still spinning
then it stops... and

nothing....
OR some times "unable to authenticate original disc within time limit"

this is what i got:
P4 1.55ghz
64mb video
256 ram
20gb HD

and a:
DVD-RW/DVD-ROM - Plextor 712A (updated to latest firmware)

what is wrong and how can i fix this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant see how anything would affect it except your dvd-rw speed or your ram... look on the side of the box and see how fast it says your dvd player should be.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
dvd is 16 speed here
and ram is ok... i could play it once then i stopped..lateron i wanted to play again didnt work.. i resettet... reinstalled everything (incl windows n such)

nothing helped

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounds like a problem with your DVD player, the minimum requirement is 8x but if you have 16x it should be fine, try running a different DVD through the player, or if you're really brave open up the drive and clean the lens. If you don't want to then try running the HL2 DVD on someone elses computer, if it doesn't work, contact Valve and request a new DVD. If THAT doesn't work, get a professional to have a look at your DVD player.

I reccomend asking this question in the Steam forums and not the ESF forum, as you'll get more professional help there from the Steam staff.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
bit it did work, and on steam there are more people who have the same prob as me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then ask them :p

The Steam moderators will step in with your answer soon enough, i'd reccomend contacting Valve directly in that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom