Working with Steam

Best answers
I've just installed ESF 1.2.1, but I can't seem to get it working. When I ran the installer, the defalut directory it was going to install to was Steam/steamapps/majindom/half life, but for some reason the intall button was grayed out.

Since I couldn't install it there, I chose to put it in my Half Life directory, but when I try to play the game, I can only access it via the shortcut placed on my desktop, and not through Steam.

When I use this shortcut, however, and try to run a multiplayer game, it tells me my ESF exe is out of date. Is this due to the fact I am not running it through Steam? If so, how would I go about correcting this?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have no idea it would be probably best to reinstall the whole thing HL and STEAM aswell but wait if someone has a better idea be4 you do that

Best answers
Grega said:
i have no idea it would be probably best to reinstall the whole thing HL and STEAM aswell but wait if someone has a better idea be4 you do that
id have to agree since it probably isnt installed right.. it has to be in ure default hl dir in the steam dir..

Best answers
I am going to get the game tomorrow and I would be disappointed if I suddenly was unable to play it after I uninstalled it. Someone please tell me all the steps that you yourself took while installing Half-Life, Steam, and ESF, all of them, in order to play correctly.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Befor you begin throw out ESF, HL , STEAM and get the STEAM instaler ;)

1.)install STEAM
2.)run STEAM and let it update
3.)install HL to STEAM or download it throo STEAM (i recomend the second one it is a bit slower but its automaticly so you cant screw up)
4.)run HL and let it update
5.)install ESF b1.2.1 full instaler
6.)exit STEAM
7.)log back on to STEAM
8.)play the ESF

that about sumens it up

about (5) the install dir should be automaticly selected if not install it to your STEAM HL directory (/../STEAM/steamapps/"your user neme"/half life/)

that should work :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom