Nintendo DS finally out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, a lot of people have been awaiting this peice of machinery to grace us with it's presence. People have been callingthe Best Buy that I work at all week about it. Yesterday we had a mandatory meeting which was part of a prep for black friday and today, due to the DS's release. However, when I arrived at noon for my shift, I was told that we had only sold 20 units, and we were originally shipped 90. I heard that it was selling like crazy in New Jersey from a customer that came to pick some up at our store, so not sure what the deal is. Anyways, main point of the thread, have you picked one up yet, and how is it? Is it worth the $150?

Best answers
I was one of the many people who pre-ordered it and i felt it was well worth buying, espically considering i didn't have to pay for it, so that alone just made it that much more worth it than it would of probally orginally have if i had too purchase it. I have 2 games for it thus far, which are Super Mario 64 DS & Spider-Man 2.

I found spider-man 2 to be sorta dissapointing it way to easy and the music selection was very repetive but i did show off that the DS can really push pretty decent looking 3-d graphics so i guess u can say it did show off the ds capabilities alittle. But SM 64 DS is so fun & addictive right now and overall better than the orginal and the graphics are good too and i really like how the second screen shows off a map. I found that too be pretty useful for this game. But yea in any case, like i said i found the DS to be well worth buying, but if your not anticipating it, then maybe you should wait for a price drop.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I want one >_< but not 150$ bad :p
I want a PSP, but I don't feel like Paying out the ass for that either :p

but I'd rather have a DS over a PSP.

>_< decisions!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think its out in Australia yet. -_-

Best answers
I have always favored Sony Products over Nintendo, and that is because I know that Sony makes quality products, for example "My dad bought a $10,000 dollar home theater system 18 years ago. I am yet to see a single thing go wrong with it, it is all Sony!"

I feel that nintendo is making another big mistake with there DS but w/e. I just need to find a job so that I can buy myself a PSP, and than all shall be happy :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, here in the 'Peg (Winnipeg, that is), most stores sold the DS out, so I figure people have been more than intrigued by the idea...which is exactly what I expected and hoped for.

I, myself, tried the Metroid Prime: Hunters demo today on a friend's DS, and I have to say that people may have been a bit too skeptical about the touch-sensitive screen, in my opinion. I think that it works quite well to use the touch screen to aim, as it is much akin to using a mouse, over an analog stick.

Very impressive. If I had a spare $200 laying around, I'd pick one up, for sure!

EDIT - to Taurus and anybody else who plans on posting about the PSP over the DS, keep your comparisons out. Firstly, I don't need another debate on which system will prevail - console wars are to be avoided. Secondly, this thread asks, specifically, "Have you got a DS? How is it?" etc. It DOESN'T ask "is the PSP a better idea?"

Best answers
I'll be the first to admit that I was very much wrong about the DS. Yes, unlike some others, I will admit when I'm wrong. I got to play the DS for about an hour today, two people in my fourth hour class had 'em and I can't tell you how much fun I had with this thing. Not just with Metroid Prime of Wi-Fi either, but sending text messages, pictures and the like is incredibly fun. After I was done fiddling with the stylus, I got to play Metroid Prime with my friend. I gotta tell you, it was fun. You can use the stylus on the bottom screen to aim your gun, top screen for the game and the D-Pad to move, just like the mouse and keyboard controls. I couldn't believe it when I he told me the battery life is up to 8 hours. Yeah, 8 hours, and you don't have to use headphones, turn off the backlight and change quality down either, unlike the PSP.
After all I've seen I believe I've been sucked into the vortex, and the DS is now on my Christmas list.

So, there you have it, you've caught Tassadar in a fib, enjoy it while it lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom