💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***
***SPOILER***

You've been warned....

At the end of the game, I was expecting some bad ass kick ass boss. i was sitting...pissing my seat for the boss... and its just shoot the circle thing and destroy the flying ships. god it made me mad.

And when the time freezed, I admit that was hella ****ing cool, but i mean cmon! i wanted to see that chick get pwned! :p but anyways... anyone else think they should of changed the ending to some bad ass boss?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really didn't care about a boss... this game really isn't about smashing through a level and then taking down the "big bad boss" and such, to me at least. I just wanted some kind of closure or something. Unfortunately... we got none. -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
I really didn't care about a boss... this game really isn't about smashing through a level and then taking down the "big bad boss" and such, to me at least. I just wanted some kind of closure or something. Unfortunately... we got none. -_-
of course it isnt a barbaric game?! who do you take me for, jessica simpson? im no fool!

anyways, yeah we should have an ending boss like HL2, but the ending was way too easy! in my opinion should of been harder, like something distracting you while doing that part (instead of two ez ships to destroy), maybe like a flood of aliens and grunts coming in. :S

Best answers
I agree with you whole-heartedly. I was expecting a good bossfight, I mean come on.. I JUST got that ****ing sweet as hell upgraded PsyGun. Apart from the badass scene with GMan, it was a dissappointment. It sucks that they never explained the situation with the aliens, how they managed to 'tame' some of them, etc. There were plot holes left after the first HL, now they've basicly left craters. It was still, by ALL means, worth my 60 bucks, even for the single player alone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, they never tamed them, only captured them for biological warfare. Zombies kill soldiers too.

Best answers
Yeah, but they were quite tamed, they helped the resistance, and were quite friendly. They referred to you as a profit or a messiah. What about the story behind the Combine? Who was Breen talking to when you burst into his room, it looked like some kind of giant alien on the monitor. Things like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so true. HL2 was worth its money but i mean there were alot of unexplained stuff. lets hope HL3 in a couple of years will turn out good.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Expect Half-Life 3, 4, and 5.

This franchise is the backbone of Valve's future.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, whoops Tassadar. I thought you were talking about the headcrabs/zombies.

The Vortigons had been subjugated by the Combine since HL1. This is why they were labeled as "alien slaves" in HL1. They've always been intelligent. Now that the humans have been enslaved too, they've banded with them against the Combine.

Someone pointed out the modelname for that creature is "Combine Watcher" or something, so I guess it's some kind of overseer broadcasting from the Combine planet or some such.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
What about the story behind the Combine?
the combine are a race of aliens that augment themselfs to extreme lengths with machines

when the resonance cascade kept teleporting creatures and things from xen over to earth the combine got interested and began to watch earth and when almost all of the populations of earth were crouded into huge cities for protection from the xen aliens the combine struck and put the massive citadels in the center of the cities

because of how fast the combine war machines poured out of the citadels all over earth the human armies had little time to do anything and in only 7 hours the combine vs human war was over resulting in a victory for the combine

durring this time the ex-administrator of black mesa, dr breen, negotiated a surrender of the human forces to the combine because of this the combine decided to make breen the representitive of humanity to the combine

the combine errected barriers around the cities to keep the monsters that invaded the planet away and accepted humans to assist the combine in menial tasks and to become the combines off world army

however the combine didnt ask everyone they augmented on and abducted many people to turn them into stalkers, the combines deformed heavy laborers (seen in the second to last chapter)

in short the combine see a weakened planet earth and plant mechanical spires that poured out machines and took over earth and then used humanity to suppress itself

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Expect Half-Life 3, 4, and 5.
I read a release interview with Gabe Newell talking to The Eye about the success of Half-Life 2, he confirmed a sequel but said it would be the last in the Half-Life Trilogy, and he also mentioned "plug-in extra's" that would be released between now and then (expansions?).

Best answers
I don't see why people moan about the plot holes. In my opinion it helps to do what the HL games do best, and that's put you in the place of Gordon Freeman. It's not a story about the combine or the alien world, it's a story about Gordon Freeman. If you were in his situation, you'd be confused as hell and I'm sure the last thing on your mind would be "What are these guys that are trying to blow my head off". The only other character that we ought to have found out about, is Gman, since he's directly related to Gordon Freemans situation. But then again, finding out what the hell Gman is might take away what makes him seem so cool. I think Valve have moved away from the common film/game type plot, where the main character is in a bizzarre situation, then the story follows the events that happen rather than the character, and this is a good thing imo.

As for a boss fight at the end, well I was kinda expecting one, but wasn't too dissapointed that one didn't present its self. I enjoyed the entire level in the citadel and getting the enhanced HEV suit and grav gun to get revenge on the Combine made it all the more fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa o_O where'd you get all of that info, Hibiki?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
theres info about it all over the game in small places and the offical strat guide goes into abit more detail about a few missing bits

Best answers
Ah, thanks for filling in some gaps Hib, I appreciate it.

Just can't help but want to know who GMan really is, an alien? Or just some random guy? I guess that's the beauty of the series, I have to buy the expansions and HL3 now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so true. i think the biggest thing in all HL gamers is the 'Who is Gman' question. Anybody know for sure? heh ill make a thread outta the gman thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and if ur looking for a direct play by play of the events that happened between the two games

http://www.hlfallout.net/view.php/features/transcript

an transcript of a movie sceen that was suppost to be show in eli's lab but was cut because it took way too long and laid it all out too easy for the player

note: cremators were a type of combine that melted dead bodies/organic material after battles to keep the streets of city17 clean and it was removed from hl2 a while back if i recall right they couldnt get the melting effect right
(also note that u can see the head of a cremator in eli's lab in a jar of embalming fluid)

nother note: valve hadnt decided to make the consul dr breen from black mesa at the time

id also say they didnt add it in cause it would of been really hard to do

Best answers
I actually dont see why all of you are so disappointed in the ending. First off, about the boss fight - no, i dont think there should be some bad ass boss at the end... the fight at the ending fit perfectly into the events of things, and I personally dont think it shouldve changed. About the story line itself, I feel as if Im reading a book when I play this game. Sure, there are still a crap load of plot holes and what not, but the ending "speech" by the Gman somehow made me not care so much, it just made me accept things as they were until the next game. I guess I really got into Gordon's character this time around, I just accepted that "Im" going to sleep until the next time
"Im" needed. Screw the plotholes and trying to explain them, the story was relatively set in the first Half Life, developed quite nicely in the second, and will be concluded in the third, although I can see Valve putting a cliffhanger in the third one to open up their options, or just to leave you thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom