can anyone help me fix my new dreamcast?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i bought a dreamcast yesterday for £20 and right from the get go, it doesnt work very well (i wasnt expecting it to). anyway, what i gather the problem to be, is with the cd engine, as it sometimes fires up to full speed, sometimes not, sometimes goes half speed...half way through playing a game at seemingly random points itll just stop spinning. ive found that applying weight to a certain area of the lid allows it to spin for longer periods of time. this leads me to believe it could be a problem with the safety switch...

thats about all i can describe for now.

any help is welcome. thanks!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first of all remember, dream cast is an old system that never really made it. but mine works fine.

anyways to the help: try to dust it out. maybe theres a lot of dust keeping it from spinning correctly. take it apart and use one of those 'wind in a can' (LOL) things and spray it. thats all i can think of.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Aha! i can fix this! and its the sillyest thing in the world!
simply undo the 4 screws on the bottom (ones under the internet port thing, so take that out too) and take the top off your dreamcast. dont worry, theres nothing thats gonna snap of, its all quite stable, but of couse, be a bit carefull eh? ; ) . Now, u see the top right of the console, a little black lever that connects to the disk cover? push that back and hold it there with bluetack.
Now put it all back together and give it a go!

Its such a small thing that causes so many problems, once that lever starts to wear out it no longer makes the connection properly to tell it the disk cover is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom