Who exactly is Gman? (from HL1 and HL2)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the name explains all. WHO IS GMAN?!

Post your opinions here.

I seriously think he is an alien of some sort that you might end up fighyting in HL3 (the last installment from what i've heard). but we'll all have to wait and see. im just taking a wild guess. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no one knows for sure

and i doubt the gmans motives are clear cut as good or evil and i doubt even more that u will end up fighting him in hl3

Best answers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/slander/lol.jpg

Only click on that image if you've beaten it. It's a funny summary, thanks to Smiff for sending it to me.

About the GMan... my guess is that he would be some kind of alien. Of course I don't know for sure, hopefully he's not something lame like Gordan's dad or anything.

Best answers
I would say that he is and alien...or something like that...or the ambasador of an Secret alien race that work's undecover selling earplugs and donuts 2 get money 2 builed there own swimming pool...That they planne 2 be the winners of the sea games...I couldn't stand Gman from the 1st half life....just look at his face more closely.....does he look like a normal man 2 u?

Smilying donkei's like him makes me sick :D
and as 4 Half life 3 It will appear maybe when I'm 40 =P
Or yes IT COULD BE GORDON'S DAD OR WORSE EVEN HIS BROTHER!!!
Or It could be his Mother

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, no one really knows. I don't think there was ever much of a good explanation for him, the only reason he's even called the GMan is from the name of his model; he's never really addressed in the game.

In HL1 he would just show up in places when you were escaping from Black Mesa, and then he offered you your position at the end after you killed the Nihilanth.

I don't know about him being some kind of an alien, but it doesn't sound like something too bizare for Valve to do, especially after the kind of integration between humans and some of the Xen shown in HL2. There was an old HL1 mod in which you played as an Alien Slave and from the Xen's point of view. It tried to patch up some questions about the Xen, and it toyed with the fact that the GMan may be an alien the Xen aren't aware of, or possess some kind of alien technology. It's all third-party though of course, so none of that is from Valve.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I recon that Gmam maybe some sort of cowardly business man that has struck up a deal with the aliens to help them take over the world, and the aliens are using Gman to get to Freeman because Freeman maybe some sort of vital key player to the aliens to help take over the world.

Or Gman maybe the head alien guy that is using Freeman to do his bidding and Freeman doesn't know it yet. For example Gman may have helped get Freeman the job at Black mesa because he knew Freeman would unleash the aliens. Now in HL2 Gman is getting Freeman to maybe kill the last thing that is in Gman's way of taking over.

But who know's I haven't finished the game yet just about the finish the sand bugger area. Man HL2 rocks :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The model is named GMan.mdl in the VALVe folder, DragonDude. No one other than VALVe came up with the name.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
The model is named GMan.mdl in the VALVe folder, DragonDude. No one other than VALVe came up with the name.
I dunno what you're getting at, that's what I said. o_O
No one in Half-Life ever talks about him, calling him the GMan. All we have is the name of the model, which you stated.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Missed that, sorry. >_>

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe he is Gordon from the future...

>_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or from a parallel universe... :eek:
The association between GMan and Gordon Freeman that was pointed out earlier is pretty weird.

Heh, by posting this thread you've probably made more questions than answers.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's l337 gordon when he get's a plastic surgery like what Micheal Jackson does, and get's a huge makeover. jk.

Gman is like a spy. If you played HL closely, you can find Gman 4 times in the whole game. He collects information about Gordon Freeman, and sends them to the goverment I guess..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder what he has in his Suit Case.

Socks and underwear ?
Money ?
An apple and an Banana ?
Nothing, he just carries it so he looks important ?
A small Alien Village ?
--
My guess is that Gman did the same stuff where Gordon does now.
Only that Gman is NOW controlled by the Aliens.
Means: Gman once was good but is now bad.

Best answers
Or maybe Gman is just a man that the valve team put in the game for no reason....and make people more confuze :p

On Topic:this thing with Gman is very interesting and I would like 2 see other peoples opinnions so plz do not close it...than you

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look alikes anyone?

They look alot like eachother same green eyes, same stupid hair (in a way, except gman used gell or sumthing X_x)

Best answers
I know wath GMAN stand's for.... ***MAN

ok so...The G-Man's eyes are of a hazel tint.. Gordon's eyes are green.
Both are very similar
it could be Gordan in the future but if it was and if you choose not to work with him and he sends you to that place where you die Wouldnt that stop his existence so you got to think?

Best answers
Id say Gman is Gordon Freeman

From the future.... Gordon finaly lost the batel or something like that... Captured by aliens.. And a alien clraled into his ear and sised his brain... Gordon transformed.... Into a frealking man freak.. Gman.....
Send back in time... For reasons like... Make gordon unleash the aliens....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

looks like the dude that was arrested here for pedeophilia...

who says there IS a relation? who says Gman even has anything to do with the whole incident? maybe hes just always there in the wrong place at the wrong time?and the stuff that we dont see is him nearly being eaten by headcrabs all the time >;0

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you look closely, both Gman and Gordon have a widow's peak. Gman's just shows more since he has his hair up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gordon has a beard, if you look real close youll notice its cos he doesnt shave ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom