the "What you ever wanted to see in a mmorpg game" Thread

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Allright folks, im currently rewriting/expanding a design document for an mmorpg game. However, I already have some cool and unique ideas but other ppl might have great ideas aswell.
So if you can think of any feature that you always wanted to see in an mmorpg game (gameplay wise), feel free to share your idea and Ill concider about adding it to my doc :)

/me slaps Blizzard for stealing the action house idea >_< .. damn them

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well what kind of MMORPG is it gona be ?

DBZ like ? Naruto like ? Secret of Mana ?

Well a good Level system where Higher Lvl. make an difference where you can see.
---
A Lvl. 10 peep shouldnt be a prob for an Lvl. 25 peep.

Different City/Towns.

Nice Effects.

Big world.

have the choice to build up a team of 3-4 peeps
when you got a team you can build a small Town so others know you are there and you can recruit peeps for your team then, so you spread over the world.

Have some Quests to do as an Team or alone.

Unique Weapons, there shoul be of every Weapon an unique one like the Mana Sword, ONLY 1 and the one where one peep gots unlocks special abilitys and gives more damage.
--
I dunno more

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Interactivity. After a few hours, most MMORPG's just turn into peple whinging about KS and just attacking random monsters...and people rename the technique like "raids" or "strikes" when all it is is just going out and killing stuff... I just wish they had more depth to them, that can be taken as vague or as clear as possible. :eek:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
its a medival fantasy world based upon our own universe (no stkining elves and orcs and such).
it will be fully 3d and play in huge worlds. There will be different towns/styles of towns since there are three different kindoms.

and about that unique items idea... i dont like that idea very much because it would be unfair to the other players... once you have such a ultra rare item, you will never sell it or so ... get the point?

im looking for rather unique ideas that benefits the gameplay in some area, like the auction house idea that has already been made by damn blizzard (aaaw my idea) ... so you dont have to create lots of shops everywhere in the cities all the time.

EDIT
@ Magus, we have already solved the KSing problem ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, how about that you can be able to build houses and give them a theme like an Hotel so you can earn money to buy stuff in Shops ?

ok if its in our universe then, hmm... i dunno how about adding Laser swords cause they always come cool ;) .

Hmm fully 3D, whats with special abilitys ?, like flying ? or stuff like that ?
do the peeps have Magic attacks (dbz, secert of mana) or only weapons like Guns,Swords,... aka you know what i mean. :D

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ts a medival fantasy world based upon our own universe
medival fantasy = no laser swords :p
and with our own, i mean my own universe .. as imagined by me and my cosin ^^
i kinda like the ideas to build houses but i dont know whow to implement that into game yet.
there will be some sort of guild houses though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oops sorry ,quess i readed too fast ,again..

hmm ok so its our world hundreds of years ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Full aesthetical customizabilty, when playing Diablo II now all the characters use the best equipment and as a result they all look the same. In something like Neverwinter Nights you can dye your clothing and armour, change the shape of any part, yeah, everyone looks different, like their own vision of what they want their character to look like without sacrificing any stats or anything as an expense. Also, having the waypoint system from Diablo II would be really good, you have to walk to the destination the first time, and after that you can teleport between them.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
there will be some sort of teleport system but it not working like in d2, more likely like the dislocator gun thingie in ut or whatever its called ... kinda hard to explain now sice its not fully worked out yet ^^
And about the armors, we're planning on providing a huge ammount of different levels with equal stats so not every character will look the same ... because i dont like that aswell lol

Best answers
Well thought out in town level design. If there’s a door I really like to see that it leads some where even if its just a storage closet.

Make a form of a gambling/betting system. I don't know horses/dogs/some other creature races.

I like to explore areas and in a lot of RPG that I've played they often reward the player that goes off the beaten path and does some exploring. Rewards could come in all shapes and forms, from good to bad, useful to huh? A trinket that doesn't do anything but might be useful to another class. Hell there doesn't even have to be a reward, the reward is being somewhere others haven't, but its always nice once in a while to reward your efforts.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
thats actually a good idea, i guess ppl will enjoy the explore the world if its filles with small details n stuff :)

and about 20 minutes ago, me and my cosin discussed about a gambling and bet system lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
on what engine you gona create that MMORPG ?
--

Are there different Races or only Humans since its in our universe ?
I just would like to know ? since its fantasy medieval MMORPG
--
Weapon upgrades would be good too, so if someone gots an sword then it can be upgraded when you find an ORB (SOM).

There also should be somekond of Jobs you can do, some peeps like to just Heal other players , or work in an village as an Smithy but still have the opportunity to also go out and fight.

Hows about Day and Night, special Events, Weather Effects (storms,rain, Earthquake)

Best answers
Well my biggest problem in mmorpgs is that you need to be in a certain level for other people to ask you to their group. like a lvl 1 guy has no change in joining a lvl 20 group. perhaps you can add instanced dungeons (Dungeons that you or your party can get into but no one else) the dungeons should Scale it self to your level so players that cant get in a group are able to "solo" them (do em by your self) until your in a level that people will want you to group with them. but these dungeons will have no rare truesure .

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when a peep is defeated by a group/peep then he should wake up in an hospital or an team camp.

Teams where are walking around can create small camp where they can recover energyie/strenght/i dunno

Best answers
Curses/undeath/lycanthropy:
Could add all kinds of things like this that could happen to players depending on a number of factors involved.

A traveling carnival might be kind of interesting to have in game. There might be all kinds of things that you could buy there that are unavailable in town, plus games and other attraction. There could be traveling merchants also.

Pets/attainable creatures:
They could be used for eye candy or trained for protection or useful in other ways such as fetching an item from a table or even used as food if need be.

I don't know just throwing out ideas here.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Transportation, like horses and/or fictional beasts that can take you somewhere faster instead of walking 1000000 miles like in Morrowind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
havent read everything so this might have been suggested already, but find a way to eliminate "power gamers" you know, the ones that do nothing but gain attack and strength skills or w/ever the equivilent is, so that they have no problem killing other players their level, "pure" fighters or whatever they are called, i always hated those...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there should be warpholes on special points where take you to villages or dungeons.

Different landscape, Mountains, Sees, Islands, Deserts, Forests.

Best answers
Maybe a required downtime? Say you've been doing strenuous activity for a certain amount of time, well after a while you are going to get tired. So you head your self to the local Inn for some food, drink, and rest and relaxation. The way I’m thinking is that it would cut down on people camping things all day and it would help build a stronger community because more people would be interacting with each other forming relationships. You don’t have to go to an inn but food, water, and rest would decrease the downtime.

Buried treasure/Treasure maps would be interesting.

Creatures that don’t agros/attack. There are creatures that if you attack them they try to run instead of puff out there chest and charge you. There can be creatures that avoid people at all costs. Like a couple of deer in the woods, are they going to let you get close to them and stand there and fight if you shoot at them? Hell no, they are going to run. Maybe different races/classes would be able to interact with these animals better than others and not scare them off.

I have never liked the idea of OMG there’s a cave/dungeon here, it must be filled with monsters and PHAT LOOT! Just because there may be a cave/dungeon doesn’t mean that there has to be anything in it, especially ones around more populated areas. Some dungeons could have randomly spawned animals that have made it there home or NPC’s that may have just entered it to get out of the rain.

I don’t know I like random events based on circumstances. Such as you receive a quest to break into someone’s house and steal an object while the occupant of the house is sleeping. If you are skilled enough you might be able to do it without incident, but then again you might make a few mistakes waking the owner or alerting passerby’s. Or maybe you screwed up but nothing happens, its just adds a feeling of the unknown.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno if this counts, but make it free. I hate having to pay for good mmorpg's >_< (partly because I'm poor :()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom