Community Tien?

Best answers
where is the community tien? i've had a pretty good look around and i can't find it anywhere on the forums. i was rather interested in trying to skin him for ESF. any responce is appreciated thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
never got all that far just if i recall right a few unfinished models and maybe a sound pack

Best answers
oh right i thought there was a tien model by eclipse people had been using to skin, correct me if i'm wrong.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its like this:
I made new tien model (brand new one)
and its NOT skinned
so I'm asking if someone can help out
so we can see tien in 1.3
who wants to help me in making this just PM or what eva

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would if i could but i cant...

Damn it, someone...?

Tien pwns you we just need some skinning and animating going on and were all happy...

This whole ordeal is a big failure on account of the community...
Im ashamed...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not just "some" skinning and "some" animations....the esf team said that it will need custom animations and a skin of esf quality...and how much animations do the models have? about...300 or 200? well things like flying and all could be taken from the other bones (i think) but attacks need to be custom made, and not to forget, you also need to create a good sprite pack...

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got chosen todo the brolly sprite pack, i had to work with horrid projection rates and i still did well (obviously), so with custom ones it should be a peice of piss...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well...if u really thinks its easy...try starting together with someone who has a model and animations and make the tien, but i doubt u will find someone who has the animations done already

Best answers
Correction. You WONT find anyone with even 1 animation done. A complete model + skin + animations even if it wasent as good as ESF would be a good starting place. If people want to ACTUALLY make an effort to do it I'll help out where I can, but somone else is gonna need to do the bulk of the work.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
this whole tien contest tells us some facts about the current community though ... always begging and complaining but yet not even able to finish a single tien.

Best answers
I wouldn't mind modeling/skin mapping/ and possibly skinning a tien.

what is the poly limit? 1400?

I could animate to but not nearly as good as Shijing or DT

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
this whole tien contest tells us some facts about the current community though ... always begging and complaining but yet not even able to finish a single tien.
wouldnt say that

many people here are capable of making a tien, and quite a few people did, me, eclipse, (and 2 other people) made one during the contest time period, however im assuming them, (like me) lost interest in finishing the project when the thread died,

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Altohugh it was the community that was asking for it, most of the people who were discussing it dont know the first thing about modeling. So it was up to the modelers and skinners...the ones that werent requesting Tien, to make the model.

Best answers
well I decided I am going to do the Tien since nobody else is. I'll post a thread once I get a good portion modeled.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
this is by far the truest thing anyone has said on the matter

it was all laid out clearly and quite simply no one put the effort into doing it

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, to be fair, the people that wanted it so much for the most part have no idea how to model / animate / make sounds / whatever. Sure, they could learn, but by the time they get good enough for there work to be considered "1.3 quality" 1.3 would be out. Oh well, I never liked tien anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom