fist of the north star

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was watching an episode of fist of the north star last night for the first time on tv... this anime looks ****ing crazy, its like berserk but these guys are crazy with the pressure points and stuff

its martial arts guy that looks like bruce lee vs a bunch of crazy monsters and lots of blood

it looks really good, its an og anime but its still bomb, does anyone know anything about this anime?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a very old anime, i watched it about 5 years ago, its pretty cool, but nothing at all like berserk. and the names of the moves were a bit silly...like, he kneed some dude in the face while shouting "neck twisting, face breaking punch!" at the top of his voice :p

KyoKusanagi

K
Theres a new series: Shin Hokuto No Ken and its a 3 part OVA - i was a huge fan of the original tv series and it spans roughly 160+ episodes. Theres numerous games including an arcade "hit the pads in the right timing" style game and a live acted moive starring Gary Daniels and Vader.

Go and find the new eps - i guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Best answers
Played that game at my local arcade. Still hold the record for that. 100 hits in under 10 seconds. heh i made kenshiro fall.

but yes the new FOTNS that came out is actaully very interesting. I work at best buy and when i saw it in the anime section i was like...WTF? Picked it up and watch it. Same screwed up techs but i have to admit i do love it. I also have the movie with ken and Rei. Rei in my opinion has the sickest attacks until well he gets finger banged by raouh.

The old nintendo games were crazy but you couldn't die...so there was no point unless you just wanted to beat up on imaginary characters

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man... I remember watching Fist of the North Star when I was like 10 years old... I can barely even remember it, All I remember is it being extremely violent. So violent that it made me cringe when I was little. I can still remember a scene where there's a guy walking, and some goons run up to him trying to hit him, and he grabs one of theguys right by the face... and crushes it. It was awesome, I really need to watch that again.

KyoKusanagi

K
The new eps haven't been licenced yet as far as i know so go and grab it before it does.

The old eps however are near to impossible to find to download and even harder to find is the licenced ones. If anyones interested in the actual storyline (because i actually is pretty cool) just ask me here.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the Streamline/Orion Movie from 1985ish, but I never saw the series. I assume the series follows the manga a little closer?

The new eps are licensed by ADV already, they were advertised in Play magazine last month.

KyoKusanagi

K
awww....looks like i got mine just in time then :)

yeah, the anime is very close to the manga series and i believe the anime was popular in France (Ken Le Survivant - or Ken The Survivor) and in Spain and Italy (i dunno the names).

Best answers
just realized you are an ayumi fan...:) Happy happy..

I have all the original FOTNS series on my burned dvd's. The series as dumb as it may be is entertaining to say the least. The movie is somewhat disappoiting at the end.

"Death should not be rushed. One should savour it like fine wine and enjoy its aroma. However if in accordance to your wishes I must kill you now, then so be it!"

and for all of you that saw the movie...if you do remember, Raoh pulls a wwf rocky quote

"Rei! DO YOU SMELL IT?!"

KyoKusanagi

K
Pai Mei's 5 Finger Exploding Heart Technique (from Kill Bill 2) is no match for Kenshiro's Entire Body Exploding Gibbage Technique :D

Sarutobi: Yeah lol i've had the sig ever since i first joined these forums :) i'm trying to track down a copy of the Ayutrance Cybertrance albums but theyre hard to find.

Best answers
PM me i may have something that you want hehe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom