help me please

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have a problem.When I m installing esf 1.2.1 full not the patch I can t pres ok when i choose my directory please help

Best answers
do u selected the right diretory where ur Half-Life(version 1.1.1.0 or Counster-Strike) is in it?

Best answers
Make sure you have cached and downloaded Half-life first, if I'm not mistaken the installationprogram will automaticaly try to determine the right directory.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can you please give me the link to the half-life version.I realy wanna play this game.The pics are awesome

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Do you need half-life.I got steam but not half-life.Please give me the link for it.I realy need it.I m not good on a computer.I am only 13

Best answers
Heh, yes... in order to play Earth's Special Forces you need a working, updated version of Half Life. ESF is a Modulation that runs off of Half-Life. Half-Life is a very cheap game these days, especially the stand-alone Game of the Year addition. Any other method of obtaining the game would probably be considered Appz or Warez and is not recommended on the forums. You should work on getting Half-Life before worrying about how and/or where to install ESF.

Note: This is Half-Life 1 we're talking about, NOT Half-Life 2. Just a heads up.

Best answers
First of all make sure you have the ORIGINAL Half-life installed (to avoid some trouble), then install STEAM from www.steampowered.com

If you installed Steam properly it should look something like this

You can install a game by double clicking it. First you need to install Half-Life so that is is lit up, then you need to run the ESF installer. If done right, Earth's Special Forces should show under Third Part Games as indicated.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can you please get me a link.We don t have half-life in stores anymore.I live in Slovenia.I m 13

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one will give you half life, this is asking for warez which is illegal, and saying "Im 13 years old" wont help you get it either...dont ask for it

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok.So I must buy half-life and then install esf.I must instal both of them in my steam directory right?

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have half-life frontline.Can I play esf with it.Which version do I need to patch it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after you install half life, you must install steam and run half life once to make sure that steam can find the files, then restart steam and then install esf, it will automaticly seek for the correct steam folder, and you just have to press "Install" it will then install the game. After that, just open op steam, press "Play Games" search for "Third Party Games" and in that list you will see "Earth Special Forces" click it and you can play it

(Btw, make sure you first download 1.2 and install, then download 1.2.1 and install it, without 1.2.1 you cant play since most servers use 1.2.1 and not 1.2)

**Edit**
Please dont double post, use the edit button (
)

To answer your second question, i do not know if u can play it with frontline...but i dont think so....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what is halflife frontline? a mod for halflife?

Well you need a retail version of halflife to be able to play esf with it - is frontline that?

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thank you for all of your time.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Where do I instal half-life and then esf.Please give me your directory

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just install half life somewhere like

Code:
C:\Games\Half-Life
then install steam somewhere like

Code:
C:\Games\Steam
Run steam once so it can copy half lifes files
then install esf 1.2, and if im right it will automaticly select

Code:
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\accountname\half-life
then install 1.2.1 in the same folder and you can play

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can I install 1.2.1 full instead of 1.2 and then 1.2.1?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dont know, i didnt try it, since the 1.2 + 1.2.1 patch together are larger then the full 1.2.1...so it might be missing the 24 bit textures and the mp3's, and i have seen several ppl who had problems with the 1.2.1 full installer (missing dll or sumthing)...but u could try

Best answers
Because they both have individual installers included 0_o
They are exaxtly the same.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok.thanks.But first I must get half.life.What does it mean retail version.I m from Slovenia.I don t speak english very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom