Help me pls i need all of your help pls.

Best answers
I downloaded ESF version 1.2.1 (full) and it took me 15 hrs to do that as i have a 56kb modem!! any way the game started and then i made create game and then while the game is loading an error came saying gfx\vgui\fonts\800_melee is missing!! I was really disappointed!! Then i downloaded version 1.2(full) and it took me 22 hrs to do that the file !! I then tried the game and pressed on create game in order to play with bots, but an error showed up saying: gfx\vgui\fonts\640_scouter missing!!!
Can anyone tell me PLEASE what can i do to solve this problem??
or send me the gfx\vgui files that u have on my e-mail:
[email protected]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you first need to download 1.2 and then 1.2.1 (the patch version, not the full version) you also need steam to play the game make sure you have it...

Best answers
Hey! i have tried what u said and it still showed me that error!! missing gfx files!
and I want to play offline so what is the use of steam?? now what shall I do 2 avoid that miserable error??

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it shows that to me to but the game still works :D

PS i know how you feel i had a 56k till recently

Best answers
Thanx for feeling what i suffer!! anyway i will try downloadin it AGAIN!! and i will inform you as soon as it works!!

Best answers
Hey guess what? IT DIDNT WORK!! i am starting to become fed up! but i cant leave this game since i am a big fan of DBZ and this is the only dbz game on PC!!
Anyway it still shows me that error: missing bitmap: gfx\vgui\640_scouterstats
and : missing bitmap: gfx\vgui\640_melee (the number before scouterstats and melee changes as i change the resolution of the game, it is sometimes 800 and sometimes 400)
after it shows me that error the game closes and the desktop suddenly appears!!
I have halflife v1.1.0.8, should that make esf work?? or do i need v1.1.1.0??
does anyone have anymore suggestions please???

Best answers
Yes i did download it already but it still shows me the same error!!
(but i installed esf in the follwing directory: sierra\halflife\)
before i browse in the installation the following directory is there: sierra\halflife\hl.exe
but when i try to install it into that directory an error shows up and then the installation is over(quits).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whats the error? cannot find esf in selected directory?

Best answers
i cant really remember what it said but i checked now the installation again but instead of finding that directory sierra\halflife\hl.exe that was already written i have found that : steam\steamapps\The_real_SSJ\halflife.
so shall i try installing halflife on that directory??

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why not :)
you can always download halflife through steam if you have a valid cdkey and you really cant get it to work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try reinstalling everything

1. Install Half Life
2. Install Steam
3. Shut down steam and start it again, then run half life once so steam knows where half life is and can update it to its own map
4. Install ESF, if everything went well it should automaticly choose the half life steam directory

Best answers
aha so u mean in order to play ESF i must have a valid Cd Key!! Cant i play ESF without a CD key??

Best answers
Hey sicron, i did like what u told me EXACTLY!!! but still not workin!! i cant even open the games menu!! everytime i try to run it on the offline mode it tells me that the game isn't ready to be played in offline mode!! (Just 4 your information: i have no valid CD key).
So....... what is the solution now??

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then it wont work online at all.

Simple fact - you need a valid cdkey to play online.

Do you plan to use esf for that?

Best answers
alrighty lets see if i can remember how i did it without steam ... ummmm ... 1)install esf 1.2, 2)when it comes up with "which directory you wish to install it too type in
(which ever drive your half/cs is in):sierra/counter-strike/halflife (which ever you have)/esf (if it promtes you about no driectory exsisting just say yes to creat it). ok when its installed ... ummm ... on the desktop where the shortcut is, DELETE THAT, then copy the cstrike or half.exe onto the dekstop. right click on the exe file and go to properties. where it says target type in :
"(wateva drive its in):sierra/counterstrike (or halflife)/cstrike (or halflife).exe -console -game esf. then click apply. and there ya go. i did it a tiny tiny little differently to that (because i already had a esf folder) but it should work without steam. hey i play it without steam. if it works for you, you can kiss and hug and say thank you as much as you want LATER !!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you play without steam then you cannot play online.
Remember that :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright dude if your still having trouble read this. I'm pretty damn skippy this will work.

follow the steps (skip it if you already have it):

1. Get Steam
2. Install HL1
3. Play HL1 for like a few seconds so all the file directories can be on your pc
4. download ESF Installer
5. GO HERE!!!! (when it asks you to install in a directory) Steam/Steamapps/[enter email here]/Half-life/[save here]
6. It SHOULD ask you to create a folder, (You want to do this)
7. Start up steam (if your internet is disconnected let steam load for a while, it will ask you if you want to go to offline mode)
8. Look for play games ---> Earth's Special Forces.
9. have fun playing

If you need further explanation feel free to IM me on aim, my screen name is omfg pwn4g3

Good luck on ESF!

Best answers
Hey Kaination that is exactly what i did but when steam is workin offline i try to start the game but it says that this game is not ready to be played offline!! Hey sunlit56 i am gonna try what u said and i will reply soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom