HL2 Map pack problemos...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Map Pack Vol. 1, with 50 maps on it, etc., extracted the thing with WinRAR exactly where it told me to (Steam/Steamapps/[email protected]/hl2 deathmatch/hl2mp), the maps don't show up on my "create server" thing and plus, when I join a server with those maps I have to download them (and they have errors on them and crap, like missing models), so it's pretty much just not reading that they're there. Except they're in the right place.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should be hl2mp/maps (C: \Half-Life\SteamApps\username\hl2mp\maps).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, tried that too. No workie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried opening them through the console? Also, try putting one of the .bsp's into your Half-Life 2's maps folder (not just the DM maps folder) and then open DM and see if it worked.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I tried that. If you take out the raw .bsp and throw it into the maps folder, you can play the map. The problem is that some of these maps (like cf_mechwars) have special scripts, models, sounds, etc., that are in the pack. However, I have no idea where the hell to put them, so they don't work (maps are buggy, have errors, missing textures and models etc.). And it seems like other people are getting these things detected without a hitch... the heck is going on with my game -_-

Maybe somebody else could try this map pack thing out? What exactly did you do to have it working? I got it from www.hl2files.com downloaded it from Filefront...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for models and sounds make some new folders and stick them in them.

C: \Half-Life\SteamApps\username\hl2mp\models
C: \Half-Life\SteamApps\username\hl2mp\sounds

Not sure about scripts, if you give me a link to the mappack i'll try it myself, otherwise, hit the Steam forums hard, you can't be the only one with this problem.

EDIT: Oh, you did :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo update.

Took your advice, Raven, and now the mechs actually show up on that map (yay!), although the sounds they're supposed to make (movement noises) don't seem to be working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom