Broly? SSJ2?

Best answers
There's been a big debate about this on the Brolly release thread so , Lets continue the discussion in a friendly manner where its on topic eh guys?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, thats just another fan site, written as interpreted by a fan, its not official, and neither is the term LSSJ as stated by toriyama in an interview. brolly is just another saiyan who can transform past ssj, it doesnt matter what level it is, since he is unique, but it definately ISNT a form called legendary, thats just the name he is given. at best he reached an ascended state that no one else did, without actually going ssj2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only transformation Broli ever used was LSSJ/USSJ. Whichever you prefer. You have your info. Please, just put a lid on it now.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
dude, thats just another fan site, written as interpreted by a fan, its not official, and neither is the term LSSJ as stated by toriyama in an interview. brolly is just another saiyan who can transform past ssj, it doesnt matter what level it is, since he is unique, but it definately ISNT a form called legendary, thats just the name he is given. at best he reached an ascended state that no one else did, without actually going ssj2
I like repeating other ppl cuase it saves me time hehe, Anyways, I saw Gir post this 3 times now.. There Is no such transformation as LSSJ or USSJ.. Its only a fan made term..
and brolly doesnt go SSJ2, He only has 1 transformation wich is SSJ and he just power's up to his max wich isnt really a 2nd transformation anyways..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only transformation Broli ever used was LSSJ/USSJ. Whichever you prefer. You have your info. Please, just put a lid on it now.
He used regular SSJ in Movie 10.

Right! I'm fairly sure I can clear this up. His first form was Normal BUT he could go SSJ from birth, he was born with 10,000PL. It's shown in Movies 8, 10 and 11 (Broly's clone).

Then he had the powered up state, this is the state he transforms to in his first fight with Goku when they jump out of the window. It is also his default state in Budokai 3. The traits of this state are that ki and aura turn gold but hair remains the same colour, although his hair and body is slightly highlighted. Goku went to this stage in Movie 4 - Lord Slug. The japanese name for this state is 'Giji Super Saiya-jin' which means 'False Super Saiyan'. It is sometimes referred to as Semi-Super Saiyan. It is shown in Movie 08.

His next stage in terms of power is SSJ. Plain, Regular SSJ. It is shown in Movie 10.

His most powerful form is the one known as Legendary. This is his unique form, as he only Legendary Super Saiyan alive. It is not a USSJ form as the bones and skull increase in size and not just the muscles. FUNimation and Atari call it the 'Legendary' form. It apparently doesn't have a japanese name. The power boost it gives is comparable to SSJ2 but it is NOT SSJ2. It is shown in Movies 08, 10 and 11 (Broly's clone)

And then if you want to be pedantic, his clone went Legendary then had all it's flesh melted off with purple bio fluid. His eyes swelled up and went red, and you could see his heart through the remains of his chest. Not technically a form but I thought it should be said to avoid confusion.

Anyway, if you read otherwise on a fansite, they are wrong. Case closed unless someone has hard (and I mean granite strength hardness) evidence otherwise.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Technically just a plain Super Saiyan, they say he's legendary in the original japanese version not because of the state, like SSJ2 or SSJ3. Just that he's the strongest Super Saiyan, it's really not all that hard. Brolly is what they're whole race has fables of, a Legendary Super Saiyan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
legendary is a NAME not a STATE.

just cos when im drunk people call me a legend, doesnt mean i transform into a legendary state, its just a name im given cos im **** hot when im plastered...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O.K, then what would you call that final state if not Legendary? It's annoying crux because Toriyama invented it and then said it wasn't a new state. It's like painting a picture of a banana and an orange and saying it's a pair of oranges. It clearly is another state, nameless or otherwise. 100% SSJ perhaps? Pure SSJ? I don't really know (or care), Legendary was a fan-term for the state before Atari officially stuck it in Budokai 3. It's what it is known as, and that works for me.

Either way, back onto the topic, it is not SSJ2. He never goes SSJ2. Ever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as i know that LSSJ is USSJ !
But i just seen that somewhere long time ago.

so its might be Normal-That Giji thinggy- SSJ- USSJ/LSSJ what so ever

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's how I see it :yes:

BTW, here's a comparison, how can Toriyama say that it's not a different state??

^^^Super Saiyan/SSJ^^^ ^^^Legendary Form/LSSJ^^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think what toriyama was getting at, is that yes, there are different grades of saiyan ie. ssj ssj2 ssj3, but since brolly is the saiyan of legend, he doesnt need grades, he simply is THE super saiyan

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
The pic doesn't appear on my computer, but yeah, although the state LSSJ doesn't exist, it is what his state has been dubbed by pretty much everyone as it is a state unique to the Legendary Saiya-Jin.

He never goes SSJ2......SSJ2 would kind of be a down-grade.

It is definatly NOT USSJ/ASSJ as his hair is GREEN, no-one else had green hair in any SSJ form, and even though Trunks lost his pupils for a short amount of time (whilst powering up) they came back whereas Broli's are never there whilst in that form. As Ravendust said, his skeleton also increased it's size whereas no-one elses did.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His special form is called legendary cos he is the only saiyan who can go ultra super saiyan without losing his speed, gohan can go ssj2 but ussj is stronger (but slower), brolly doesnt have this speed disadvantage...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
O.K, then what would you call that final state if not Legendary? It's annoying crux because Toriyama invented it and then said it wasn't a new state.
SSJGoku83 said:
As far as i know that LSSJ is USSJ !
Ravendust said:
That's how I see it

BTW, here's a comparison, how can Toriyama say that it's not a different state??

^^^Super Saiyan/SSJ^^^ ^^^Legendary Form/LSSJ^^^
Almighty_gir said:
i think what toriyama was getting at, is that yes, there are different grades of saiyan ie. ssj ssj2 ssj3, but since brolly is the saiyan of legend, he doesnt need grades, he simply is THE super saiyan

i hate when people dont read the important posts...

the answer is right there, he cant transform to a legend, because he was one from birth. he is THE super saiyan, and thus, doesnt need levels or grades, he simply IS.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
OMG.... how many times a year does this "discussion" pop up?
ok ok, think back people... back to dbz... remember when they first talk of super saiyan, and say that once every so many years, a LEGENDARY super saiyan is born? THATS BROLLY, in the brolly movies. Remember that none of the dbz movies (other than history of trunks and bardock) have anything to do with dbz. There completely one of stories. (with the exeption of movies that link together)
heck, in lord slug, goku turns ssj with red hair. (isnt kaoken, kai says so).
So, what brollys form then? well, i only know of one form where they loose there pupils... and brolly had so much ki that the trans didnt effect his speed to the point of stopping, but he can move quite slowely.
Now, can we lay this one to rest people?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't really matter, what matters is that he is just awfully strong, yes legendary strong, since no other saiyan baby had that powerlevel...

But fact is, if you see him pissed, your dead, simple as that.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ahh, I understand now. Broly with blue hair is Semi - Super Saiyan.
In movie 4, Goku became a Semi - Super Saiyan, too, correct?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Solidus, you layed the facts out but didn't give an answer, so no we cannot lay it to rest. Besides, if you actually watch a legit copy of movie 4, his hair doesn't go red, it goes black with gold highlights. The form where the muscles and ONLY the muscles swell and the pupils dissapear is USSJ/Ultra Trunks (sub/dub), which Broly does not transform to.

Gir, you're making no sense. We're not disputing that he is the Legendary Super Saiyan, we know that, it says it on the box and multiple times throughout the movies. You can't say he simply IS the LSSJ transformation, as he has three other forms, so therefore we must assume that it is a different form from SSJ, and all the signs are there that it is. This we understand to be a form unique to the Legendary Super Saiyans born once every thousand years. This form (or stage if you prefer) we call Legendary.

Therefore his states are Normal-Giji-Super Saiyan-Legendary. Maybe we should call the Legendary form something else so as not to get confused, for the sake of simplicity i'll refer to it as SSJX.

To summarise:

Broly IS the Legendary Super Saiyan.

His transformations go Normal-Giji-Super Saiyan-SSJX.

Whereby SSJX is the form understood to be Legendary.

EDIT: Forgotten: That's correct. I don't know if his hair is blue, but its the second pic in post #7, dark with gold highlights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom