ESF Installation >.<

Best answers
Hello, first of all...I'm going to state what I've tried to do and whatnot.
I downloaded a steam installer for esf 1.1 beta. (just to get it into steam...I don't have won nemore.) I have a Counter-Strike: CZ Package. I don't even have "CZ" installed...just regular old Counter-Strike.
So, I went to install it. During the install it asks me to install in this dir:
"E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*cencored*\half-life"
Now, I don't have Half-Life. I have Counter-Strike.
So, my HL.exe is in my /counter-strike/ dir. So, I pointed it there.
Installation accepts my dir and installation continues.
(I checked after the installation...I made sure it didn't add a "/half-life/" dir inside of my "/counter-strike/" dir. eg. counter-strike/half-life/efs/
It installed it correctly: counter-strike/efs/)
Sooo... I went to run the shortcut...and the shortcut was just to the .ico file.
{shortcut}
"E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*cencored*\counter-strike\esf\esf.ico" E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*cencored*\counter-strike\hl.exe" -game esf
{/shortcut}

Obviously, that shorcut is wrong! when I open it... it sends me to the target of the .ico. :\ that doesn't help much.
Soo... I noticed that ESF V1.1 was in my Steam List under "third party games"
I double click it...it opens up the "browse games" screen... on the wrong tab: "Individual Games" ESF isn't even on that. So, if I goto the "third party games tab"... when I scroll down to ESF... it just says to "view website" or whatever.
No dice!
So, I installed a newer version of ESF (1.2) and it evidently didn't merge into steam. It installed in the same directory as v1.1...So, I can't tell if it "merged/updated" 1.1 to 1.2...or if it just overwritten files that it needed.
It gave me a accurate shortcut.
"E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*cencored*\counter-strike\hl.exe" -game esf
That shortcut at least opened the hl.exe... Just as regular CS tho! >.<
Steam doesn't recognize that version..... only 1.1...but it wont run 1.1.
Are all of you guys using the oldschool WON?
Well...help me out. If I -do- need a copy of "Half-Life"...then http://esforces.com needs to change something.
"What do I need to play?

1. A decent computer and connection to play on (duh!)
2. A purchased copy of half-life, Counter-Strike, or DOD
3. The latest version of ESF (avaiable in the file section of the site."
I got a excelent computer.
I have Counterstrike - 1 of the 3 listed that I can use.
Yeah, I tried.

KK - all I Have to say...My question is... "What the heck!?" I want to get this game working... looks like a excelent mod. I've done the research on the game and its definately awesome :) Goodjob.
Totally diff approach to dbz games... nifty nifty.
Newayz, Help me out?

Best answers
mkay, I found a old version of CS 1.5 installed in sierra/counter-strike etc.
I put esf in there...esf installed... but, when I goto create a new game... everything appears to be running smoothly... but then it crashes and windows gives me the stupid "send error report?" crap. :\
any suggestions?

Best answers
Not really quite sure it's going to work out for you unless you install HL1. Would probably give that a try before anything else.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try running halflife once from steam so it creates all the directories and files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom