Half-Life2

Best answers
In an earlyer thread, I was informed that ESF will not be moved to Half-Life2 engine. Well, that's cool and all, but I heard ESF World is recreating the game on the Half-Life2 Engine. So ESF will be on Half-Life2 engine, whether you move it or not.

Best answers
BlaBla said:
In an earlyer thread, I was informed that ESF will not be moved to Half-Life2 engine. Well, that's cool and all, but I heard ESF World is recreating the game on the Half-Life2 Engine. So ESF will be on Half-Life2 engine, whether you move it or not.

lol if thats true noone told me this... without esf-sourcecode no esf for hl2 ;-)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have proof of this? Where's the source of your information?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
bleh i could learn it :p
at least i can code in Java which is similar to c++ .. kinda ^^
however. this is just a stupid rumor. esfworld is a site to host files n stuff for the esf community and not some kind off development studio

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
bleh i could learn it :p
at least i can code in Java which is similar to c++ .. kinda ^^
however. this is just a stupid rumor. esfworld is a site to host files n stuff for the esf community and not some kind off development studio
Thats right... Esf-World doesn't have a development team. All they do is host files for esf related.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BlaBla said:
Sorry, nope :eek:.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
ESF is a modification for Half-Life. Which means that the source code for ESF has been programmed on the HL SDK, which runs on the HL Engine. So flat out, no you cannot run ESF on another engine, the dlls are designed for Half-Life.
I think that pretty much explains it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BlaBla said:
In an earlyer thread, I was informed that ESF will not be moved to Half-Life2 engine. Well, that's cool and all, but I heard ESF World is <b>recreating the game</b> on the Half-Life2 Engine. So ESF will be on Half-Life2 engine, whether you move it or not.
If they were to do so, they would have to start from scratch because I doubt the team would give away the source code. Therefore, it would NOT be esf, but an entirely new mod in itself.

I'm sure there will be DBZ mods on the HL2 engine, but ESF is the intellectual property of the ESF team, so unless they physically port it to HL2 themselves, you will never see ESF on the HL2 engine.

Best answers
GrOOvy said:
ESF is a modification for Half-Life. Which means that the source code for ESF has been programmed on the HL SDK, which runs on the HL Engine. So flat out, no you cannot run ESF on another engine, the dlls are designed for Half-Life.
wrong, there is a tool coming out that lets people convert HL1 mods to HL2 Source, all that is needed is a re-skin of the models and maps to make them look like HL2 material, hell the tool may even do that already for you.

So yes this mod will most likely end up on Source weather you guys like it or not, and it isn't copyrighted material so there will be no copyright enfringment.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Altar said:
wrong, there is a tool coming out that lets people convert HL1 mods to HL2 Source, all that is needed is a re-skin of the models and maps to make them look like HL2 material, hell the tool may even do that already for you.

So yes this mod will most likely end up on Source weather you guys like it or not, and it isn't copyrighted material so there will be no copyright enfringment.
But where is the proof what you are saying is worthless whit out proof so get some evidence of this tool being made

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Altar said:

Good luck getting the the esf source code.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Altar said:

Its friggin impossible for the tool to make a whole new model/skin on its own.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the question has been answered sufficiently.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom