To all you crybabies that whine about "beam spam"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to online games, where many things that give you an upper hand in a game are either "cheap", "hacks", or "bs".

But honestly, just play on a different server, or something. You don't have to deal with stuff like that, and arguing with people who act like that is just going to make them continue doing it.

Best answers
It's funny when people write articles like that one, and try to esteem themselves as a person of Intelligence and refinement, because they can use a grammar and/or spell check utility.

I agree with some things, disagree with others in the article. But either way, the author is a numbskull, because, he thinks he's being brilliant. I suppose, because they don't kill injured soldiers, he thinks the American Army are scrubs. And by that argument, the United States are scrubs, because they don't torture prisoners and hostages for information. The United States are scrubs, because, they don't use the atomic bomb on Iraq and Afghanistant. They're scrubs for helping to rebuild Japan after they bombed it back in WW2. They're scrubs because they pulled out of Vietnam.

After all, as Akuma-like as the A-Bomb is, isn't that the tactic that would goad the Middle East into putting up and shutting up?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, the problem is, this refers to scrubs as losers =) So, in your opinion, people who don't use cheap tricks are losers and those who do are winners.. Guess I have to hand it to you, your point is clear. One thing though, using cheap tricks to win makes you not a winner =) A winner is one who can beat others without needing cheap tricks. Oh, you're talking about hacks too! That's swell. You think it's ok if people increased their speed to about 4 times krillin's transed speed? I guess you do, and its also ok to do 20 combo's at once through a script! Beam spam, well that stuff will always exist, and it CAN be fun to fight a beam spammer. People who use cheap tricks like blocking constantly or even throwing constantly never really win, since they can't play fair =) I say, scrubs for teh win! And you cheap bastards can go where the sun doesn't shine. Beamspammers can stay, they are amusing.. That's my long post for today.

(If you hack I'll have you banned from every server I can;D)

Edit:

I agree with the one above me, are people losers because they have mercy or pity? Remorse? I think not.

Best answers
Emhilradim said:
It's funny when people write articles like that one, and try to esteem themselves as a person of Intelligence and refinement, because they can use a grammar and/or spell check utility.

I agree with some things, disagree with others in the article. But either way, the author is a numbskull, because, he thinks he's being brilliant. I suppose, because they don't kill injured soldiers, he thinks the American Army are scrubs. And by that argument, the United States are scrubs, because they don't torture prisoners and hostages for information. The United States are scrubs, because, they don't use the atomic bomb on Iraq and Afghanistant. They're scrubs for helping to rebuild Japan after they bombed it back in WW2. They're scrubs because they pulled out of Vietnam.

After all, as Akuma-like as the A-Bomb is, isn't that the tactic that would goad the Middle East into putting up and shutting up?

Dear god are you way off. He's talking about competitive online gaming, not life and world events. Jesus christ, can you even understand english?

Best answers
Avenger said:
Heh, the problem is, this refers to scrubs as losers =) So, in your opinion, people who don't use cheap tricks are losers and those who do are winners.. Guess I have to hand it to you, your point is clear. One thing though, using cheap tricks to win makes you not a winner =) A winner is one who can beat others without needing cheap tricks. Oh, you're talking about hacks too! That's swell. You think it's ok if people increased their speed to about 4 times krillin's transed speed? I guess you do, and its also ok to do 20 combo's at once through a script! Beam spam, well that stuff will always exist, and it CAN be fun to fight a beam spammer. People who use cheap tricks like blocking constantly or even throwing constantly never really win, since they can't play fair =) I say, scrubs for teh win! And you cheap bastards can go where the sun doesn't shine. Beamspammers can stay, they are amusing.. That's my long post for today.

(If you hack I'll have you banned from every server I can;D)

Edit:

I agree with the one above me, are people losers because they have mercy or pity? Remorse? I think not.
Evidently you didn't understand the concepts of that article. Maybe someday you'll read it again and understand.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Concepts? I did read it, what did I miss? I don't even see why you made this post at all, we do not care about these opinions because they are arrogant and narrow minded! "Yes, let's divide up all the players into two groups, the ones who win by cheating and the ones who lose by not cheating/spamming." <----- Bascially what you meant. I did read your post, I do know that it may seem strategic to some people, but think of this: You don't gain skill by doing it, you don't gain anything but hostility by doing it.

Please, don't act this superior in the future. Another thing, there is an edit button, I suggest you use it instead of posting twice in a row. (Yus I'm no mod but someone has to inform this guy.)

Don't take me as a fool, I understood every word of that section, but it's only repeating itself over and over in a seemingly similar pattern.

Best answers
ESFnewb said:
Dear god are you way off. He's talking about competitive online gaming, not life and world events. Jesus christ, can you even understand english?
Actually, he did compare cheapness and real life to it. The Red Coats, etc.

The Red Coats didn't walk into fire because they were scrubs though, they walked into fire because they were organized, and were trained to keep calm, even when enemy fire was endangering them. And that's why they beat the hell out of their opponents. Remember the French? They've not won a war yet, and they got beat especially well by the Redcoats.

But the concepts are the same. If people didn't have their own set of standards and rules, society would be a near impossibility. I think it's wrong to transkill, does that make me a scrub because I won't transkill unless they're using trans to avoid melee? I think not. And if you think so, too bad, because I'm not going to start transkilling because of a ridiculous article on the internet.

Best answers
Emhilradim said:

The Red Coats didn't walk into fire because they were scrubs though, they walked into fire because they were organized, and were trained to keep calm, even when enemy fire was endangering them. And that's why they beat the hell out of their opponents. Remember the French? They've not won a war yet, and they got beat especially well by the Redcoats.

But the concepts are the same. If people didn't have their own set of standards and rules, society would be a near impossibility. I think it's wrong to transkill, does that make me a scrub because I won't transkill unless they're using trans to avoid melee? I think not. And if you think so, too bad, because I'm not going to start transkilling because of a ridiculous article on the internet.
Those little blurbs on the side are just jokes. Why don't you try reading the actual article, instead of just scrolling past it and looking at the sidebar?

Best answers
ESFnewb said:
Those little blurbs on the side are just jokes. Why don't you try reading the actual article, instead of just scrolling past it and looking at the sidebar?
Obviously I did read the article, genius, if I made the Akuma comment. Good job, you can't even remember what you post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm betting this guy will piss off more people than I have in my entire life.. Congratulations =D I believe I asked you not to act so damn superior! You know you'll just make a fool out of yourself, like you just did. Obviously, we both read the article, I think you're the only one who hasn't yet. Or at least understood it.

Best answers
Avenger said:
I'm betting this girl will piss off more people than I have in my entire life.. Congratulations =D I believe I asked you not to act so damn superior! You know you'll just make a fool out of yourself, like you just did. Obviously, we both read the article, I think you're the only one who hasn't yet. Or at least understood it.
I wasn't acting Superior at all. As far as you are concerned, the only oppinion that mattered is your own. Therefore, you are the one acting Superior. As I said, I agree with some concepts, but I disagree with some. Absolution is unneccessary, but you take up absolution despite.

I understand the article fine. I still disagree. I might have "hang ups," because I don't use exploits, bugs, and I don't transkill. But I do just fine without them. And what's the alternative? Become like everyone else?

Pardon me if I prefer to remain myself, and continue to use my own form of ethics and morals. But then, I play for fun. That's what games were meant for. But that doesn't mean I have troubles winning either.

Best answers
Emhilradim said:

If you actually read all the articles I think you'll find he's not being brilliant , I think you'll find he's simply stateing his view , any problems people had e-mail'd him he attempted to awnser and if (in a situation) his point proved to be wrong he accepted this fact.

And my second point: Lets see you think about something as in depth as this and come up with YOUR point of view , instead of just saying "this guys a loser"

Why I ask do you call him a numbskull?
Most probably because you've faught people that play to win. They've won.

Emhilradim said:

I myself don't transkill either , However this is again for personal gain , I exploit the fact that when your transformed and I'm not , If you die your power level takes a serious hit. If i die , It stays the same or increases.

And walking in straight lines at opponents was tried in world war one by the british , in fact , it was a rule.
The british to use a word were owned , battles became slaughters and is you turned to run from the slaughter or ducked and doged the bullets , you were shot for cowerdess.

If play ESF , I don't find it fun unless I'm getting owned. Why?
Every time someone pulls a move on me , I get a little more annoyed , I get a little bit better , I get a little bit more tuned in to the game and eventually , when someone pulls that move on me , I've teliported behind them and spamming telepunched them. If I find I can't do this , I try harder and I make sure I get it next time.

Those who play to win , win , and live in ESF , those who play for fun , die , and lose.

However... There are points in the game when you think ... I've transformed , I have a high power level , so have you ... lets brake and try something fun... lets piss around with beam struggles , lets see if you can beat a n00bs spirit bomb with a generic beam and see his reaction .
Usually this means I'm slaughterd , However i've had fun.

Overall I've got to agree you have to play to win.
However, you don't HAVE to all the time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i am not going to read the WHOLE thing, but I read some parts of it. A person can use tactics and skills and still just play for fun, that's what i do, winning is just a bonus, if it happens. On the topic of beam spammin, yes its an implemented move in the game, but if someone is ok with that, they HAVE to be okay with telepunch, rolling-hit, repetitive throws and other consecutive moves.

On my view of "playing to win" is alright, but doing absolutly anything to win seems a little obsessed to me. The article insinuates that playing with "honor" is a flaw, even though it's just based on how a person likes to play. If someone can say doing anything at all cost is a strategy and its ok, then they cant knock on people not using the same attack, which is also a strategy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, if you're going to quote me please do it right, I didn't write girl, I wrote guy, meaning not you, but the guy who brought up this topic =) You weren't the one I meant by superiority or not understanding the article..

I agree, playing for fun is the meaning of a game. Winning is easy, not having fun xD

Best answers
And avenger is a perfect example of what the article describes as a scrub.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well some people say "if your going to beam spam, might as well play half life", which is kinda funny, but not nesesarily true. What do you see in just shooting beams anyway? I'm not trying to be smart, just curious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I'm not. You're completely mistaken =) I always play to win, but never by cheap means. I'm not a scrub or what you define as a winner xD

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Well some people say "if your going to beam spam, might as well play half life", which is kinda funny, but not nesesarily true. What do you see in just shooting beams anyway? I'm not trying to be smart, just curious.
Actually , I have no idea.
However , How many times have you been afk and somones beat the crap out of you for power level?
Thats annoying , thats them playing to win.
Thats what makes the game fun when you turn it back on them.
I can't actually decide who is wright or wrong in my own opionion here.

However , sometimes I play to win. Sometimes Its just a mess around with friends.

Avenger said:
No, I'm not. You're completely mistaken =) I always play to win, but never by cheap means. I'm not a scrub or what you define as a winner xD
Playing to win = Majin Vegeta
Goku = Scrub.

Excuse me if i'm wrong but , wasn't Goku the one that reached SSJ3?

So yes... you can play as a scrub and still be the best , however when your equal plays to win...
Your screwed man.
So untuil you can say your just so damn good that no one can touch you , I'm gonna stick with playing to win.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Shooting beams is a good counter against people who exclusively melee(which is maybe 99% of the esf playerbase). I only "beam spam" against people that do nothing but melee because it's the best possible way to deal with them. And in response I get called lame, cheap, noob, sometimes followed by a kick/ban if it was against a server admin. It's exactly what is described in the article. So many people playing esf are playing within their own made up ruleset saying that melee is the only attack allowed, anything else is cheap and lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom