Beamspamming

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, since people have started making one sided posts about subjects like this, why not make a two sided one? Express your opinions, why do you like beamspamming, why do you dislike beamspamming? I dislike it somewhat, because it doesn't give your opponent a chance. You can detonate your beams infront of someone and they will get severly damaged anyways.. It's not honorable and it usually leads to trouble.

Best answers
Avenger said:
Alright, since people have started making one sided posts about subjects like this, why not make a two sided one? Express your opinions, why do you like beamspamming, why do you dislike beamspamming? I dislike it somewhat, because it doesn't give your opponent a chance. You can detonate your beams infront of someone and they will get severly damaged anyways.. It's not honorable and it usually leads to trouble.
No chance? Let's take a look at your options if someone is firing a beam at you.
You can:

Swoop away
teleport away
beamjump away
block struggle
powerstruggle with a beam of your own

now the last 2 are situational, you can't always block, and you might not have a beam to fire back to struggle with, but the first 3 are always there. It's true that someone can detonate a beam close to you and you'll take some damage, but maybe it's not about the beams being overpowered, maybe your reaction time is sloppy and your not paying attention to what's around you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't ask you to comment me, just tell me YOUR opinion.

Best answers
Avenger said:
I didn't ask you to comment me, just tell me YOUR opinion.
That is my opinion. There are plenty of ways to counter beams, just like there are plenty of ways to counter melee. There is no reason to whine about beams just because you're too lazy to get out of the way of the giant purple column heading towards you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't quite realize it, teleporting once won't help, and usually you won't have enough ki to teleport away from a large beam! Imagine a kamehameha coming straight at you and you just finished a fight, do you really stand a chance? You won't get to block it, not enough ki, can't dodge it, not enough ki, can't escape it!

Best answers
Avenger said:
You don't quite realize it, teleporting once won't help, and usually you won't have enough ki to teleport away from a large beam! Imagine a kamehameha coming straight at you and you just finished a fight, do you really stand a chance? You won't get to block it, not enough ki, can't dodge it, not enough ki, can't escape it!
There's this funny little button I've learned how to use. I'll share it with you. The default is E. When you press it, you get your ki back. It's very fast. In fact, a 1/2 second of recharging gets you enough to teleport twice. It's a nifty little trick, I'm sure it will solve your problem.

durrrrrrr

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I used to play in public servers long ago, I never had a problem against beams. I was always a melee user, and the only beams I ever used were generic beams for a quick shot after a melee hit. As for incoming beams, I usually moved around a lot so I always noticed beams and you can make out someone charging a big beam easily as well since their movement is quite limited during charge time. Also, you can easily teleport away from the beam and if you are low on ki, beam jumps are your friends! Since I was always moving about, I was never too far away from a solid object (like land) to beam jump off.

I think the gameplay in terms of beams is absolutely fine as it is now. You have no idea how much we (team + testers) have tried to think about balancing out melee and beams and we always had an issue of more people using melee over beams. Strong beams isn't an issue because:
1.) They require you to charge.
2.) You can escape from such beams if you know your way around the game well enough.

Also, you should think about stuff like ki efficiency, there are tons of tips and tricks around to minimize the usage of ki even with fast movement.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is fun cuz you ge better at it, its fast paced, and insane bouncing combos can be made if your good. But it requires a lot of concertration when going up against a good player and cause tiring. There is nothing like a giant power struggle or multi one with diverse characters. Infact, I take a lot of screenshots of powerstruggles. But beaming can only go so far, for its just aiming at a person and shooting. A beam jump here and there, jumping, and instant transmission if your goku. Mostly one hit kill, becoming boring. So melee is basically for the thrill of combos and speed. Beams are mainl for eye candy. I need both to enjoy the game.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Melee is fun cuz you ge better at it, its fast paced, and insane bouncing combos can be made if your good. But it requires a lot of concertration when going up against a good player and cause tiring. There is nothing like a giant power struggle or multi one with diverse characters. Infact, I take a lot of screenshots of powerstruggles. But beaming can only go so far, for its just aiming at a person and shooting. A beam jump here and there, jumping, and instant transmission if your goku. Mostly one hit kill, becoming boring. So melee is basically for the thrill of combos and speed. Beams are mainl for eye candy. I need both to enjoy the game.
One hit kills do become boring if you beam spam someone who doesn't know how to evade beams. But it becomes a challenge if you trying to hit someone who is very experienced at the game. I find melee can be incredibly boring, endlessly swooping circles around someone until someone gets lucky and lands a hit, then proceeds to do a ridiculous combo doing lots of damage that you have no way blocking or dodging.

Best answers
otto_boy357 said:
wht the f*** means (something)spaming
Continuous use of the same thing, over and over again. Mind you, in melee, it's quite different. So I'm not sure how one can meleespam (but apparently, the thread exists...?)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
When I used to play in public servers long ago, I never had a problem against beams. I was always a melee user, and the only beams I ever used were generic beams for a quick shot after a melee hit. As for incoming beams, I usually moved around a lot so I always noticed beams and you can make out someone charging a big beam easily as well since their movement is quite limited during charge time. Also, you can easily teleport away from the beam and if you are low on ki, beam jumps are your friends! Since I was always moving about, I was never too far away from a solid object (like land) to beam jump off.

I think the gameplay in terms of beams is absolutely fine as it is now. You have no idea how much we (team + testers) have tried to think about balancing out melee and beams and we always had an issue of more people using melee over beams. Strong beams isn't an issue because:
1.) They require you to charge.
2.) You can escape from such beams if you know your way around the game well enough.

Also, you should think about stuff like ki efficiency, there are tons of tips and tricks around to minimize the usage of ki even with fast movement.
When you use to play, it was during 1.1 when you could actually get away from beams. Lets take a look at esfnoobs list shall we

Swoop away - Oh yeah, you can swoop away with the oh so fast swoop speeds
teleport away - You probably won't be able to with the teleport delay and all
beamjump away - yeah, because your going to have enough time to charge up a generic beam, put on turbo, get low enough to the ground and fire a beam
block struggle - yes, because your always going to see it coming and you'll always be able to stand still long enough to block struggle
powerstruggle with a beam of your own - Yep, because you have enough time to charge up a beam strong enough to ps that beam

Lets face it, if someone is beam spamming enough to get people mad, hes going to have a high pl. If he has a high pl, your probably not going to escape it.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm.. I don't believe either side is really 'right' or 'wrong' in this. It all depends how experienced the beamspammer is. If an average newbie is beamspamming, then it's really no problem.

Now, myself.. I'm more of a melee user, unless people repeatedly try to 2vs1 me, or someone else is continually beamspamming. By using SSJ Goku and abusing beamjump, you can pretty much beamspam indefinitely, and there's absolutely -nothing- your opponent can do about it. If they're the blocking type, detonate it before it gets to them. If they always beamjump? Fire the beam from above them, and follow them with the beam--they won't escape. Teleporting? Not going to do anything against SSJ Goku's fully charged Kamehameha. Swooping? Same thing.

Especially since SSJ Goku can teleport while charging, an experienced beamspammer using him is nearly invincible. The best way to 'counter' someone doing this, is doing it yourself, and not letting them transform.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
When you use to play, it was during 1.1 when you could actually get away from beams. Lets take a look at esfnoobs list shall we

Swoop away - Oh yeah, you can swoop away with the oh so fast swoop speeds
teleport away - You probably won't be able to with the teleport delay and all
beamjump away - yeah, because your going to have enough time to charge up a generic beam, put on turbo, get low enough to the ground and fire a beam
block struggle - yes, because your always going to see it coming and you'll always be able to stand still long enough to block struggle
powerstruggle with a beam of your own - Yep, because you have enough time to charge up a beam strong enough to ps that beam

Lets face it, if someone is beam spamming enough to get people mad, hes going to have a high pl. If he has a high pl, your probably not going to escape it.
Nuh uh, incorrect. I know exactly how every feature of the game works even in the latest version, be it public 1.2.1 or inteam. Hence why I never mentioned swooping or struggling as an option in my post. You CAN get away with teleporting even WITH the teleport delay, you don't need to teleport THAT fast (w/ cheap binds) - the delay doesn't stop you from putting in about 2-3 teleports per second manually. You can easily get away in 2 seconds if you spot the beam early enough which I usually do. Same goes for beam jumping, if you are good at it, you can easily charge a generic beam (at MINIMUM firing charge level) and fire it. You have to press your turbo key just before it touches the solid object to ensure maximum ki and a fast getaway. I still pop down to the local game servers in search for things to improve in terms of gameplay and often see a lot of people beam jumping as if it's second nature to them - I'm pretty sure those guys can evade 99% of the beams. :)

The only thing that is REALLY hard (almost impossible if the beam spammer is good) to get away from is a beam charge + teleport + fire from a transformed Goku.

Best answers
look at the old way i used to play :) I think a good portion of people remember my beam spamming ways :) it is fun for awhile but yea...gets boring and i honestly think it takes no skill

Best answers
Actually if the beamspammer is not a complete noob and knows how to controll and detonate beams on the right moment is something to behold.

Especially mouthblast which travels way to fast.

The best and safest way would be to turbo beamjump out of the way, try to attack him and probably end up he blowing himself and you up.

Best answers
yes as well as when ya join a server with a trans buu with a pl of 7 million and just detonates it in the middle of the map...whoo hoo yay for getting out of the way for that one

Best answers
Avenger said:
The best way to counter a beam , is to swoop at it , then straight under of above it , you then have the perfect amout of time to recharge ki before attacking the beamer , I'm all for beamspamming , gives me time to charge up and kick your ass , or , it kills me , and I respawn ... so? you get Ki , I get full health and energy , everybody wins.

Best answers
MajinDruu said:
The best way to counter a beam , is to swoop at it , then straight under of above it , you then have the perfect amout of time to recharge ki before attacking the beamer , I'm all for beamspamming , gives me time to charge up and kick your ass , or , it kills me , and I respawn ... so? you get Ki , I get full health and energy , everybody wins.
Right Click

Best answers
MajinDruu said:
Typical Buu noob. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom