Adv. melee question

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel like such a noob asking this, but it's been bugging me for ages.

Well, I of course know that in order to land a combo, ONE of the three/four directions of the combo must hit, Knowing this, I thought to myself "hey i will just use a strong attack on them hope it hits, and if it does that means 2 of the combo directions right after it will hit regardless if he blocked them or not, and i will combo him :)" But did it happen like that? in short.. no

In long, I would use a strong attack on him, it would hit him, and 2 our of the three/four combo directions would hit, but no combo would initiate. So, why not?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i belive a blockbreaker doenst count when you do a combo :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:( Well it should. :)

If that's true, then a mod can close this.

Best answers
Yeah, i've tested it. The combos only trigger if you're oppenent fails to press the appropriate arrows. It's not triggered by actually hitting them, but by them not blocking properly.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your doing the "special" combos.. your opponent has to miss like 1 or 2 of your arrows, then it will work. Im trying to get it my coders to make it so that you do the combo regardless if you blocked it or not. Would be cool just busting out combos and such.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darktooth, I mean no offense but thats just the worst suggestion I've ever heard. It would just utterly ruin the game.

Best answers
hybrid...i think he means that the animation will still play, but that the damage will only happen if they missed some of the arrows....I hope that's what he means.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hybrid...i think he means that the animation will still play, but that the damage will only happen if they missed some of the arrows....I hope that's what he means.
How the hell did you get get that from what he said, from this day i shall call you the assumtionator!?!?!?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The lengths some people go through to make others feel like crap -_-.

Anywho, it would actually be kinda cool if the combo animation played even though the person blocked the directionals.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I thought he meant that the combo animation would still play, but the other player would dodge them. That'd be cool in my opinion, of course, the animation would probable get very repetetive after a while. Especially with those people that just constantly do the combo over and over making it impossible not to block all of their attacks.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully, new combos would have been added by then so there should be some variety in the combos that people use.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Yeah, I thought he meant that the combo animation would still play, but the other player would dodge them. That'd be cool in my opinion, of course, the animation would probable get very repetetive after a while. Especially with those people that just constantly do the combo over and over making it impossible not to block all of their attacks.
I like that idea, but it wasn't ment to be a suggestion.

DT if you meant like if they dodged them and then BOOM you get hit with the combo don't you think that's stupid?
Since my question was answered, for the second time i request my thread to be closed please.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually yeah.. Zarius was right. I just want the animation to play and the damage will only count depending on how much you did not block. Im trying to get a new combo system set up with our coders. Just gotta see if they pull through with it :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know this thread was requested to be closed but justso you know i found a cvar that makey you do the combo regardless if you hit or not
all i know is that its 1 of the am cvars and i also forgot if you have to put in a smaller number or a bigger 1
Just wanted to say that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom