how can you play against boots.Do you need steam anyway

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I want to know.Where do you need to install the boot.And
do you need steam if you wanna play against boots.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first of wich version of ESF do you mean since the bots are built in the version 1.2 and 1.2.1 all you have to do is start a lan game and press = then add a bot
there are console commands aswell but i dont know them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you want online play, you need steam. if you want to play with yourself (woah ahha) then you can just have won.

to play with bots, have either retail half life or retail half life: counterstrike. make sure to update half life to the latest version before it went to steam, which is 1.1.1.0 . install esf 1.2.1 into the half-life directory so it would be c:/sierra/half-life/esf. run half life. go to custom game. click the esf game and activate it. then create a multiplayer lan game and u can fight against bots

Best answers
Or retail Day of Defeat.

Anyway, you can play old WON ESF on LAN. Mind you, old non-STEAM ESF was crappy, punching and kicking worked the same as crowbars in regular HL...

Best answers
Nice the exact question I was gunna ask right there on the this page, I have a 3 quick question? Can you play lan on Steam? Since My cpu sucks,I can't play online....I was wondering if Bots work on Steam...Since I lost my Half-Life Cd, but have already registered in steam.. my second question is I heard about this glitch that crashes your cpu, when using bots in Esf 1.2.1, I know there is a patch coming out, But is there anyway to avoid the crash or hault it, and my final question is Does Esf 1.2 come with bots?? Thanks in advance. My life stinks bad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can play lan on steam - set sv_lan 0 in the console :)

bots should work on steam.

the 1.2.2 patch is coming out very soon, and that should fix the crashing bug :)

And yes, esf 1.2 does come with bots :)

Best answers
O.K Thank you Orion,I have more questions...I am sorry for being very n00bish (I am) but

1. Does is there any differences between 1.2 and 1.2.1? If so what are they ( talking about BIG changes)?

2. Is there any way to hault the crases, or even stop them?

Srry, for asking but I really need to know

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) No changes exept a fiew bugfixes and 1 map added (dont play untill 1.2.2 comes out)
2.)not till the patch arives

Best answers
Alright ty, I have know more questions....Just mad that I have to download 1.2, steam and half-life...

Best answers
Eh, it's not that big of a download... Just be thankful you don't have to download HL2... I'm getting silver off Steam next week, so I'll have the pleasure of downloading 4.5GB... :thumbup:

Best answers
Emhilradim said:
Eh, it's not that big of a download... Just be thankful you don't have to download HL2... I'm getting silver off Steam next week, so I'll have the pleasure of downloading 4.5GB... :thumbup:
...*laughs at you*
I just got the game in the shops...

Best answers
I bought it a few days ago...but i cant play it yet, since im traveling, and no way in hell does my laptop come up to the specs needed to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom