PSP Problems Already..

Best answers
Well, as we all know, the PSP was basically just released in Japan recently and just about sold out. But there are already complaints and errors about it when there barely any at all with the DS, and i think sony really needs to step up on making HQ quality & reliable products.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000120023713/

And check out this video, its kinda funny..

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cf6y-oot/umd/fly_004.avi

There are other defects as well, but the one like seen in the clip is just crazy and unreasonably overlooked. So do you guys think they will fix these things before being released in the US or what?? Also i notice some outrageous prices on ebay for the PSP that range from $300 to $1000 which is just crazy does that mean the pSP will be expensive when it comes here??

I already have the DS and im enjoying every min of it but im just curious about the questions i listed above.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The real question is: So what?

Do you have ANY idea how many defects the PlayStation2 was originally shipped with? And it still sells vast more copies of games than Nintendo does for it's equivalent, Gamecube.

It's been shown that even if a few of the original systems ship with errors, as PS2 did, if the games are superior, people will buy it over the inferior alternative--gamecube, and time will tell with PSP and DS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More importantly...you think mashing and grinding those little screens, the DS is gonna last forever?

Best answers
lol believe me if its the defects they listed up there sony MUST do something about it before releasing it here, they have plenty of time and they know if they keep them like they are they will get spammed up the ass with e-mails and mail so im gonna wait to buy one of these when they come here, dont want a defect lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
The real question is: So what?

Do you have ANY idea how many defects the PlayStation2 was originally shipped with? And it still sells vast more copies of games than Nintendo does for it's equivalent, Gamecube.

It's been shown that even if a few of the original systems ship with errors, as PS2 did, if the games are superior, people will buy it over the inferior alternative--gamecube, and time will tell with PSP and DS.
its called marketing

but in this case nintendo has the upper hand

the gba is the number one console in the world selling more units then any other game console

cause of this the ds already has a huge fanbase and a library of games the size of the moon

the psp is turning out to be following the exact same path as the game gear did

sure its got better graphics but its more expensive and doesnt have the battery life of the compeditor

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
the gba is the number one console in the world selling more units then any other game console
The PS2 was the number one console too when there were no other really new age consoles to compete with it.

I dunno. I always thought of the portables market as bull**** in economy size, myself.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
people will buy it over the inferior alternative--gamecube,
Gamecube is better in specs.

And Nintendo just released info on mp3/mpeg4 addon device for GBA SP (maybe works with DS and if not they said something else should be around the corner), another blow to PSP surely?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Haven't tried either one. But I'm hoping to get a DS. I was also more of a GCN/Xbox fan over a ps2 :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
Gamecube is better in specs.

And Nintendo just released info on mp3/mpeg4 addon device for GBA SP (maybe works with DS and if not they said something else should be around the corner), another blow to PSP surely?
Actually, Gamecube is inferior in a very important aspect. Data storage. Minidiscs hold less information than DVDs, you can't listen to CDs on a gamecube, or use it as a DVD player. Nintendo chose an inferior medium for storage because of their paranoia of piracy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but I wouldn't buy a console as a cd player =P

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Actually, Gamecube is inferior in a very important aspect. Data storage. Minidiscs hold less information than DVDs, you can't listen to CDs on a gamecube, or use it as a DVD player. Nintendo chose an inferior medium for storage because of their paranoia of piracy.
So because of that one minor thing, its better?

And btw, PS2 load times seem to be longer then GC games oh and they dont always look as good...but then this might just be me.

However in sales its, PS2, Xbox then GC.

Yes funny how that works :eek:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone needs to grab a bungiecord and jump off of the PSP's imaginary ****. It seems as though everyone wants to see the PSP fail.

The DS is fun and all, but (like the gc), it has and will continue to have bs kiddy games. Sony doesnt give 2 ****s about kids, so they have a great chance of beating out the DS.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Everyone needs to grab a bungiecord and jump off of the PSP's imaginary ****. It seems as though everyone wants to see the PSP fail.

The DS is fun and all, but (like the gc), it has and will continue to have bs kiddy games. Sony doesnt give 2 ****s about kids, so they have a great chance of beating out the DS.

Please Sir, STFU!!! No one is hoping that the PSP will fail. In fact there are more Sony fanboys around here claiming that the DS sucks and will fail without even laying a hand on one. Most of them are judging it by the PS2 beating out the GC in sells.

As for the Kiddy stuff, it makes you sound even more ignorant. Basically this what your saying...

(Nintendo makes consoles and games only for kids. Im all growd up now wohoo and i wanna seem cooler to my friends and sony is for kids older and only so yea the psp will beat the ds because they make grown up games and u know why, because the PS2 beat out the gamecube in sales)

The PSP has a chance, but even then the DS has sold well enough to hold its own perfectly. So what it sold alot in Japan, well so did the DS as well as it sold pretty good here. Im willing to bet that most of the PSP games will be nothing more but ripoffs of there counter-parts on the PS2, there will be alot games on DS that u cant find on other game systems just like GBA & GBC. Not only that, it'll probally last longer as well. So stop **** riding the PSP just because your misinterpreting what's going on in this thread thus far.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or...we can stop the console war right this second before warnings are handed out. Almost all of you know better, by now - console wars are not appreciated - they inspire senseless arguement and flaming. The choice of console should come down to personal preference, not the opinions of everyone else and CERTAINLY not due to specs.

I will hear no more generalizations or arguements that compare rival consoles. This thread is about the PSP's launch in Japan, not about whether it will outsell the DS, not about the GCN, the PS2, the X-Box, or anything other than the PSP. The next post to support the console war in this thread will, regardless of consequence, warrant a warning.

Now, start acting appropriately.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:

Boy, you sure give Sony fans a bad name. I kind of wish I weren't a fan right now.

The PSP will be fixed, but I don't care, I never buy handhelds, so I don't care.

and Orion. People don't buy the consoles to play CDs, but to be able to play CDs and DVDs is a pretty nice feature. It saves you money. Say you want a nice entertainment system, you don't need to buy a CD player/DVD player/Console seperatly. You got in all right there. With the money you save from not buying speratly you can get a nice surround sound system. :]

Best answers
The DS had dead-pixel defects as well. Both system have their problems and are being addressed.

As for the original post, they already stated that the PSP will be available for about 199.99. Considering that it plays movies and have quite a bit of nifty features including wireless as well, it is pretty much a steal to pack all those nifty features (and great interface and exterior style) into such an affordable package.

In defense of the DS, Nintendo has a pretty good face among gamers and they do release quality games.

In regards to the fact that someone has given PS fans a 'bad face', then don't generalize. Because the Nintendo president even 'dissed' if you will, Sony in a press release. They said some pretty harsh things that brought my respect for Nintendo down a bit.

To address the 'replayability' of games on the PSP that are similiar to the PS2, well here's a little snip: Gamecube and previous systems have samus, they are on DS as well. Ridge Racers was on Sony's console list and is on the PSP. So the arguement of 'replayability of previous games only on Sony' is a farse.

Just before you guys get in some heated debate, look up some of the facts. It is true that the PSP has suffered from defects, but so has the DS. Both systems have dead pixels and wireless problems. But in the heart of Nintendo country, it's a bit wierd how even the Japanese have made the PSP even more successful than the DS was. No it wasn't the weather ;)

Disclaimer: Do not hold these statements as any 'arguemental' statements because they aren't. All statements are verified by visiting 'a ton' of gaming websites. I know because I report! :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TimTheEnchantor said:
But in the heart of Nintendo country, it's a bit wierd how even the Japanese have made the PSP even more successful than the DS was. No it wasn't the weather ;)
uhh the psp hasnt become more successful than anything yet... it came out 3 days go..

so unless ur a mystical time traveler from the future its far too soon to say if it has failed or become a hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom