no ESF for HL2???

Best answers
Ok guys, I REALLY need an answer!
I just read you aren't even thinking of an ESF: Source and I was wondering: WHY????????????????????????????? :shocked:

Source is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn great, an ESF mod would b kickass, it would own every mod ever made before. I mean, have you even seen the capabilities of Source? That's unbelievable!

Ok, now I would understand you don't have time to spend on this... but I desperatly need a clear answer!!!! This is driving me crazy :cry: ! Since I bought HL2, I go to bed every night dreaming of an ESF: Source!!!!

That's too bad I dont know anything about mod creation, cuz I swear I would b the first one to offer my help and my time for this!!!!!!!

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
click me click me click me click me click me click me click me

ESF will not be ported to HL2, because:
grOOvy said:
ESF is a modification for Half-Life. Which means that the source code for ESF has been programmed on the HL SDK, which runs on the HL Engine. So flat out, no you cannot run ESF on another engine, the dlls are designed for Half-Life.

Best answers
OK!
But can they do a source code on Source SDK?
... and that wasn't really an answer, i was basically asking WHY won't they make an ESF: Source? What is their reason?
I mean, The Battle Grounds and Natural Selection are moving on HL2, so I was just wondering why ESF isn't?

P.S: Thx for the great job you guys are already doing with ESF, that's a kickass mod!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, simply put, the team doesn't want to have to redo everything. And don't say you could port a lot of it because you couldn't. A lot of the code wouldn't work, they'd want to redo all the models in XSI and then make new animations for the new high poly models. Maps would have to be redone, sprites, etc. You get my point. The team doesn't want to remake exactly what they have already made just to make it look prettier.

*Closed*

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom