Need Alot of help....Be prepared ^_^

Best answers
alright,OpenGL is the only thing that works for me...When I use software I freeze when creating a game, When I use the other one I freeze, OpenGL acctually gives me a loading screen...But it goes right back to the Lan-screen and says "Your Video card doesn't support Gl" I know what it means but I need to know...

1. How do I find out what my Video card is (Name- Who made it and stuff)?

2. By mistake I changed my driver back to defualt...How do I change it back or to another driver?

3. How do I upgrade my driver?

4. How do I open the bot menu?? ("=" isn't working)

4. What screen do I acctually open the menu at??

5. When I start a lan game, The screen turns completly black...and just does nothing....

6. (cont. from 5.) When I just did this my game stoped and said something like "C:\Sierra\Half-Life\esf\cl_dlls\client.dll" (think that was somethin like that)

Thank You, In advance.....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
on your desktop rightclick>properties>settings tab tells you your gfx card

from there click on the advanced button for further tabs and how to tweak your card, if it's an ATI go to www.ati.com and download the latest drivers. if it's Nvidia www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers. If neither... GL.

you need opengl for esf to work properly. d3d works but not as well. software mode wont work. if your drivers don't help you then it's time to upgrade if you wanna play esf.

Best answers
lol, It says (defualt Moniter) thats it, when I go to advanced screen I get no further info.......It use to say Plug and play (something) but I accedentally removed it...Can any1 help me fix my card and drivers???

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All i can tell you is get an upgrade. A major one, can you tell me what your computer specs are? go into "run" and type "dxdiag" tell me your memory, ram, processor, that should suffice for the first page it loads on which is the "system" tab. then go to the "display" tab there it tells you your video card it will tell you the name the manufacturer, the chip type the total memory. tell me all that, it should be enough info for me to help you out. if not, if you have msn, i can go into your computer and look around myself. though you'd have to trust me.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
for u GPU, rightclick on "my computer" -> properties -> hardware -> device manager -> and there you will see your GPU on the Graphiccard point .. most likely :p

4.) ingame ... when you're playing.

also, make sure to update your DirectX version on your computer when you install new drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom