Training

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi, my name is Fraser, and I am a noob.

Sad, but true. I have been playing ESF for a couple weeks now and I just love it. However, I have come to realise that on every server, there are two kinds of players, winners and losers. That would seem obvious, and it is. But what took me so long to realize is that it was a certain variety of player that makes for a winner. Through my server hopping, it has become painfully (ouch) clear that simple melee has more room for improvement skill wise. Once you know the combos and have the basics of the arrows, its pretty much like Bop-It with guessing. Im beginning to feel as though I have hit a plateau, and Im certainly getting tired or constantly dragging my mouse right to left, right to left as I spiral around somebody trying to hit them.

On some servers, its like these simple melee guys are untouchable by us adv melee'rs. Id get slaughtered and then Id get angry, and then Id start swearing at the person. I would then continue to be an ass until I got so fed up as to leave. Afterwards, I feel like an idiot, I had become something I hate...a whiner. Simple melee was 'cheap', and 'unfair', but it really isnt anything special. The way they move, the way they are always coming at you, no stoppages, no breaks, its just skill, speed and adrenaline.

With the slow approach of 1.3, which will bring vast increases in speed and ki endurance with the additional transormations. I want to learn this art of simple melee. I need somebody to aprentice me in its ways... I just need help!

Cheers :fight:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well my advice is try to do what they do and ask for hints
learn to teleport whit as little ki loss as possible (im still working on that one)
use block if the guy who is comming at you dosent teleport away he is a sitting duck for a simple melee hit :laff:
and moast important have fun

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dont normally take students so im out on the teaching part but i can help you out right here a little bit

1. practice your aim on the low level bots(or configure them so they dont fight back)

2. your teleports go a certain distance no matter which way you teleport its very easy to remember where you can teleport to

3. alot of the game is timing when you get to the point to where you can simple melee a little bit learn the moves that require timing to pull off(for instance the double teleport hit or double swoop)

4. to conserver ki id use gliding alot as well if you dont know what that is just ask someone on the game

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy crap. I have NEVER seen someone ADMIT to this, they could learn from you!

But yes basic melee fights can be stressful and mouse movement needs to be faster than the oppoenets. For me basic melee is fun, but I am not too good with aiming. You just have to keep swooping and trying t ohit them and if they dodge you when your going for a direct attack, teleport out of the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Holy crap. I have NEVER seen someone ADMIT to this, they could learn from you!
Too true... after reading, I thought: "man, if only more noobs on this forum would be like this". I'm not joking here.

My advice: practice ^_^

Best answers
I can train you if you're willing to be my student.. My server will give you alot of health so you don't die and we can practice simple melee as long as you want when I have time for it.. Just add me to AIM = Henry666Devil... That's if you want to get trained by 1 of the top 3 ESF players... Har har har.. "Shut up whoever is gonna say "AIMBOT" ..."

Best answers
considering that you admitted to it but i guess that doesn't mean anything.

If you wish to train our clan is more than happy to help you out. PM me and i will get you all the information you need

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O

This must be the wisest noob I've yet to encounter! And his English is outstanding among the noobs ! /me hails king of noobs. First one here to admit that basic melee is the only way to get really good.. If you're ever in Europe, and see "-= Ocrana =- Avenger" I'll train you =D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
considering that you admitted to it but i guess that doesn't mean anything.

If you wish to train our clan is more than happy to help you out. PM me and i will get you all the information you need

Agreed, our clan is called the -)Z(- clan, you can check out the forums and stuff in our sig, we do exaclty what your asking :) we train people to get better, with three levels of training:

Baisc- learn the basics of esf-ing, how to beam jump, swoop, wall jump, melee teleport etc.

intermediate- learn everything you know into fighting and getting accustomed to a style

Advanced- basically becomming a pro, perfecting aim etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for all the great responces, guys! Im going to look into the -)Z(- clan for more information. I think Im mostly through the basics already though. Whoever said noobs had poor grammar?

Thanks for your support all of your support. I am currently in the 12 step program, but, unfortunately, noobism is a chronic disease.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone can (as long as you don't hack) you just gotta go to our forums and ask. Simple as that. You'll be assigned a -)Z(- member to train you :)

well maybe not everyone, we have had quite a few european people ask us, it's not that we don't like europeans or anything XD it's just the ping difference that's all, sorta hard to train people if they live so far away

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything....*wink wink*?

Im free Friday through Monday so...yeah.....need any help, im around 'ol Darkie.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Hi, my name is Fraser, and I am a noob.
Okay... i could train you.. but watch out.. some people think its funny to cheat a noob so they can kick someones ass.... Dont belive all who say they will help train you.. they just start melee you to deaht.... i dont play much but i could help you with basic gameing and give tips..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom