Blizzards big misstake (WoW Euro)

Best answers
"The new patch will be pushed live tomorrow morning on the Beta and PVP servers. In the meantime, you may now begin to download the new full client installer in advance. You will need this installer to continue playing on the European Closed Beta Test after the patch has gone live, no matter what language version you intend to play."

Thats right, I am now downloading THE ENTIRE 2.4 GIG GAME just for one louzy patch. Blizzard has for the first time ever, true made one giant idiotic misstake. And i expact that this will echo through for a long time.

This is concering WoW BTW

Best answers
I think not many people will really remember this, seeing as how
A) It's their first big one,
B) It's not gameplay related,
C) I'm sure 90% of the players have broadband and will just download it overnight, and
D) It's a beta. No one has purchased the game yet, it's not as if it's their responsibility to make the beta 100% super accessible. If this were a normal game patch, then yeah, this'd stand out for a while. But this sort of thing will fade out in a week, tops, especially for people like me who aren't in the closed beta, but still enjoying their copies of WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo on battle.net.

Those 56kers might be pissed if there are any, though.

Best answers
They did this all the time for the North American Closed Beta, at least 3 times as i can recall of the top of my head. Sure its aggrevating but in the end its not that big of a deal plus everyone seemed to forget about it fast enough.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
"The new patch will be pushed live tomorrow morning on the Beta and PVP servers. In the meantime, you may now begin to download the new full client installer in advance. You will need this installer to continue playing on the European Closed Beta Test after the patch has gone live, no matter what language version you intend to play."

Thats right, I am now downloading THE ENTIRE 2.4 GIG GAME just for one louzy patch. Blizzard has for the first time ever, true made one giant idiotic misstake. And i expact that this will echo through for a long time.

This is concering WoW BTW
in a mmorpg if u have a huge patch in most situations its a whole lot easier to have everyone download the game over again then trying to make a patch fit in just right in the old version

it allows them to update core coding in the game which in the end makes it easier for everyone

sure it can take awhile but the ends justify the means

Best answers
Seeing how it's just a beta, I can't see anyone having the right to complain. They're allowing you to play on their servers, that they spend thousands upon thousands a month for, for free. Until they make you redownload the game after you've paid 50 bucks and are currently paying the monthly fee, I can't see a reason to complain.

Best answers
Tassadar said:
Seeing how it's just a beta, I can't see anyone having the right to complain. They're allowing you to play on their servers, that they spound thousands upon thousands a month for, for free. Until they make you redownload the game after you've paid 50 bucks and are currently paying the monthly fee, I can't see a reason to complain.
I love that. During US beta the forums were filled with that opinion, "Bllizzard ****ed everything up again." "Don't complain you're playing for FREE!!!."

I'm kind of undecided on my stance, as blizzard ****ed up imo multiple times during beta, but I do recognize that it was free. Every time someone complained on the boards someone would step in and correct their thoughts.

Good ol' memories :talk:

Best answers
It's not their final product, so you really shouldn't pass judgement on how they run it... Blizzard seems like an excellent developer, they're probably going to make thier system easier to update in one o' these beta patches here.

EDIT: Whoopsie, just read the other WoW thread. :fight:

Best answers
I wouldnt believe everything you hear on the North American WoW forums either. Mostly everyone that has the basic inner urges to troll or complain about tiny things that arent that big of a deal hang out there. Rarely any useful information

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for me and my connection this sounds like it's not even a big deal at all.

I think with blizzard's record people are just looking for something to troll on.

Best answers
Well in the end this wasnt such a big deal. It just shocked me at first cuz on my connection/router there downloader only got a steady 30kb/s

Later i found out you could easely make a .torrent link out of it. That thing was on my drive in 4 hours. But still.. its retarded to let people download 2.4 gig only for a 30 mb update which was btw the freakin french and german language patchs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom