*fluttters in*

Best answers
I'm new to the whole game mod thing. I'm a proficient lightwave modeller/animator, so I am looking forward to toning down my work to low poly status.

However, I am a bit unclear as to how to do some of the things for this particular mod. I have downloaded Milkshape, but I don't quite understand it. There's a bone structure in it, but it also appears to need a seperate file for each frame of animation. Very confusing. Then there's UV skinning. Such things are rarely an issue with high poly modelling and animation, so I am unused to it.

If you all could point me in the direction of helpful tutorials, other than the ones stuck at the top of these forums (I have allready looked into those, and am finding myself with little of my particular questions answered) it would be a help.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm, well i don't know too much about MS3D but i can help you out with this much

There are other sections of the forum, one of them is the modelling section, next time post there. Or ask for a mod to move it there. welcome to the forums, read the aup the stickies, and look around, there are forums inside forums etc.

Best answers
Guess I didn't clarify. This was sort of a "hello, nice to meet you, this is what I'm here at this forum" post, made as a conversation starter.

I wasn't planning on making this a "this particular problem has come up. How do I fix it?" post.

But thank you for the speedy, informative reply. What's MS3D?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello, welcome to the ESF forum.

As always, we enjoy anyone who finds a hobby in modeling, so don't be afraid to check out the Models/Skins section.

Also, we greatly appreciate anyone who follows the rules, found in this link.

We hope to see you get involved in the daily mix, see you around. :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes welcome to the forums :)

MS3d simply stands for milkshape3d - the program you were using I believe :)

Best answers
Aaah, sorry, since I'm new to the program, it's terms illude me.

I'm making good progress so far, learning a lot about texturing. I can't get the "seams" erased though. However I did learn that it apparently imports Lightwave quite well, so I might do all the UV mapping in lightwave.

I'm not really good at making texture maps, but it's a skill I'll need to learn. Ah well.

I think I need to start figuring out how to do the animation stuff too, lol. That'll be my project tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone!

My first white christmas ever! I live in Southeast Texas, you see, and we got SNOW!

Take THAT Global warming.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha - didn't snow here :(

The closest I got was my car frosting up =P

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here in Atlanta, we might get one or two days of light snow.

But, I remember one time, we got like 5 inches of it, I mean everything was covered.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums new one =D

Aaah, Norway pwns you all with its snow. We got 10 inches a week ago..! For christmas we only got 1 though =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom