Hey need help with installing steam with esf 1.22

Best answers
ok i had to clear out my hard drive and reinstall everything i installed half life then i installed the half update thing to the highest update that there is then i installed the esfb100 then i installed the steam and i let it up date and i registered with a my cd key then i installed esf 1.22 with the steam running but i cant get esf runing with the steam the option for under play games wont show anything about esf on it so what do i do so i can play

Best answers
start half-life one time. and then install esf in the half-life directory in the steam folder

Best answers
I don't have a halflife directory in my steam folder, though I have played halflife with steam. i do have a counterstrike directory that has the hl exe file.

EDIT: I installed using the counterstrike directory, and I still have the same problem he does. :cry:

Best answers
http://home.covad.net/~k25125/SteamyThings/Steam_Install_FAQ.htm

Start over, use that tutorial. You don't need your CD version of Half Life, all you need is your CD-Key. I really wish that thread would have been stickied..

This is a mini-guide I made months ago, use it if the above doesn't get you anywhere.
Tassadar said:
No, don't install Half Life from the CD. The ONLY thing you need to play Half Life through Steam is a working non-pirated CD-Key. Once you have Steam, you download Half Life through the Steam servers. After you have ran Half Life through Steam at least once, you THEN install ESF 1.2 then the 1.2.1 patch. And then you will see it on your 3rd party games list.

Also, if you have not done so, register your Half Life cd key by clicking on Register Product I Already Own under the 'Browse Games' section of Steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom