a good video card

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have about 360 dollars right now that i'm willing to spend on a video card. What card should I buy, I know pretty much nothing about computers so i'd appreciate some help.

Best answers
If you can cough up a little more, you should go with the X800 Pro (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-364&depa=1). If not, grab a 6800 non-Ultra (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-202&depa=1).
Either way, you won't be dissappointed. The x800 Pro is better than the 6800, but costs a lot more. Both cards will let you do things like play FarCry on high with 4x AA and AF. For the little extra money, X800 would be worth it, for most hardcore gamers at least.
Ask Smith, he knows a lot more about value of video cards in terms of price and FPS than most people do, Cuc does too.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll pay up to 400 i guess, no more then that though. and the first card doesn't come with a warranty?

Best answers
I agree get the x800PRO. I own one, and would rather use this over nvidia.

Best answers
Look up Saphire on Google, I would think it comes with a warrenty, but it might not. Even if it doesn't, you can RMA it through NewEgg if it doesn't work, or stops working within a month after purchase.

Best answers
First you got to figure out if you got either a PCI, AGP or PCI Express slot, and if you dont know how to figure that out (which you probably do) you can contact your Computer manufacturer. After that, start searching for cards. My recommendations are that if you have or are going to choose an AGP card, go with the ATI X800, but if your going with the PCI card then get theATI Radeon 9250 at TigerDirect.com, which is where i bought my computer and Im probably going to buy that exact card because it is the best PCI card i could find. If you got the newer interface, PCI Express, then you should get the ATI X850, however the X800 and the X850 are pricey so keep that in mind. And if you have both PCI and AGP slots then i would get an AGP if you want a high performance card because of the better selection and better performance. But if you want more bang for your buck and you dont really need a high end card then get a PCI card. The PCI express cards are definitely the best cards out there and PCI and PCI express are not the same thing so keep that in mind also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're doing 400 dollars, then get a 6800GT for 350, it'll be the best value you can get right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom